Which Park Would You Skip?

Which Park Would You Skip?

• Total voters

heatherkatheleen

This is exactly why Spaceship Earth is my favorite. When I first went to Disney in 3rd grade - I was terrified to ride EVERYTHING. But for some reason - SSE didn't scare me. And I thought I was so brave riding it because it was a "big kid" ride in my mind. So that plus now getting engaged there - definitely is #1.
Aww. That is so sweet :) When did you get engaged?

plaz10

May 2011. Getting married October 2013. My fiance graduates med school in May 2013 so we wanted to wait until after that.

Would have to be Epcot, even though we enjoy it too we usually don't spend more than a day there anyway. Plus, the other parks have to many must do's for us to miss out on.

FettFan

Animal Kingdom
1. Has only three must-see attractions. (Everest, Dinosaur, and Kilimanjaro Safaris)
2. Has the shortest operating hours of all four parks (for the animals' sake)
3. No closing fireworks/laser show (for the animals' sake)
4. Busch Gardens is only an hour and 15 minutes away. I'm sorry to say it...but they put on a better show than DAK.

Beholder

I've got to vote DHS. I know I'm in the minority here, but I love the depth of theme at AK. I'm a smell the roses kind of guy and I love just taking AK all in. More than anywhere else, I feal like I've been transported to another place. DHS, while it has a few really great attractions, it's not as immersive as the other parks. It thematically has issues and it's layout is troubling. So, yeah, it's DHS that gets skipped for me.

Jedeye80

This is like asking if you would rather be without arms or legs. DHS is always the first park we go to, it's a tradition, so can't skip that, Epcot is just awesome especially with WS, my 2 year old DS has a thing for animals so can't skip DAK, and MK would be perfect for him, gonn have to go with Epcot but not happy about it.

Goofyernmost

I voted AK. I think it is a great park. It is without a doubt the best themed of them all, but, I can't handle the place. To much walking, not enough cool air. All the things that one would like to do that would take up a whole day are things that are of no interest to me. Walking endless paths and reading signs telling me what the name of the trees or plants I am seeing, will put me in a coma in a matter of minutes. Lovely place if they cover it and air condition it. :)

My second is DHS. When I first started going there, the year it opened, it really wasn't more than a half day park even when you took the 3 hour backstage tour. Now it has many more things to see and do and I can easily stretch it into at least 3/4 of a day to a full day.

Epcot for me is a one or two day park. The very least is a day and a half. Same with MK, I have become aware of the attractions I want to see and do and zero in on them so that what took 3 days back in 1983 is now two days or slightly less.

mouse_luv

Animal Kingdom. It has no appeal to me as I won't ride EE. It's a lot more walking for nothing as far as I'm concerned and the only thing that remotely appeals to me there is the Safari but I won't go over just to do that. We just skipped that park altogether on our last trip and I didn't miss it one bit!

The Empress Lilly

I can't possibly go to WDW and not do the MK and EPCOT. I would not have been at all, these two define WDW for me.

DHS I really like. DAK I like too, but I miss a certain emotional attachment to it, I can't quite explain why. So DAK it is.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
DHS would get my vote. In fact, we already did that on a previous trip to the world (2011).....everything except for DHS. Hopefully they come up with some major renovations to that park once FLE is done and Avatarland is kicked off and under construction.

Goofnut1980

I would have to skip AK. Its so big and everything is so far and few between. There just doesn't seem to be the amount to do there, that the other parks offer.

cornandacobb

Animal Kingdom.
My trips are usually 8 or 9 days long.
We always make it to AK once on each trip, but if we wanted to, we could power through the park in a half a day.
I don't need to see the Festival of the Lion King or Finding Nemo musical every trip.

If I were to take shorter trips (3-5 days), AK would be the first off my list.
If I continue to do week long trips, I'll definitely still make it there once a trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom