Which Park Would You Do Twice?

acishere

If you have the hopper, then I would split my day at DHS with either MK or Epcot. DHS I usually wrap up by 2 or 3 usually.

Then on the 5th day I would do either a full day at either MK or Epcot, whichever is more appealing to you (And is likely the one you didn't spend the second half of your DHS day at). It depends on the makeup of your group and your preferences. Epcot usually just needs a full day to wander around WS sampling things, but kids usually hate to do that. A 2nd day at MK where you are not rushing from one attraction to another since you did that on the 1st day though can be a magical cap to the trip and give your kids more time to see characters, but there you can't drink any nightcaps.

@WDWForTwo

Depends on who you are, and what you like. Do you have some kids under the age of 10? Then Magic Kingdom is the easy answer. Are your 20 somethings that enjoy travel and world cultures? Then EPCOT becomes the easy answer.

Everyone in the thread will be able to give you a different answer, and the answer will be the right one....for them.

You have to figure out, what really interests, YOU and make the decision that way.

And heck, if you visit all the parks before that 5th day and you find you love one more than the others, choose that one. There isn't a right or wrong answer, its what you like, and want to do.

ParentsOf4

We have a five day park hopper and are planning on doing all four parks and then another park a second time.

Which park would you spend two days at?
If you don't mind, I have a couple of suggestions.

First, with a 5-day hopper, the incremental cost of adding a 6th day is only $10 per person. So if you are arriving at a decent time on February 23, it could well be worth it to add one more day to your ticket, even if you go to the parks for only a few hours. This is something you can decide on the day you arrive. You don't need to add the extra day now.

Second, with hoppers, it's usually best to do a couple of different parks per day, taking an afternoon break at the resort to re-energize. It's also important to be at the parks for opening since this is when the lines are the shortest. So, with a 5-day hopper, one possible itinerary is:
  • Day 1: MK (AM), break, EP (PM)
  • Day 2: DHS (AM), break, MK (PM)
  • Day 3: DAK (AM), break, MK (PM)
  • Day 4: EP (AM), break, DHS (PM)
  • Day 5: Whatever you feel like
This gets you at MK first (everyone likes to go to MK first), MK 3 times (usually everyone's favorite), EP twice, DHS twice, and DAK once. This also gets you to each park at least once in the morning (when lines are the shortest), and MK, EP, and DHS at least once at night to enjoy their nighttime entertainment. The last day can then be whatever appeals to you the most.

razza1987

Original Poster
Worthy of note, AK closes early this time of year, so you will have plenty of time to revisit another park that evening. If you are going during the MNSSHP, then the Saturday after a party, MK stays open until 11. You could do AK or HS on Saturday and then still be able to go to MK after they close. This way, you get to stay in each park a whole day and then run over to another with later hours that evening. Epcot has EMH evening hours on Wednesdays right now until 12, so you could easily do two parks that day. If you aren't coming until January, then you'll have to check the extra hours to know where you can hop.
By using the hopper, you can do two parks most days without leaving early, except I believe Thursdays don't have any extra hours. Add the early hours onto your schedule, and you'll still be able to do two parks. Although, you won't be able to do everything in the second park. It will be a time to make up for anything you missed on your full day at one of the parks.
If you don't have park hopper, then, if you have children, MK will probably be the park for which you need two days.

I noticed this when I saw that Animal Kingdom would be closing at 5pm when we got to Disney next year. We were thinking of going to MK until closing as it had late Magic Hours our first day there

Thanks everyone for your suggestions :)

razza1987

Original Poster
Epcot or MK. Find out which park has the EME. MK and Epcot's EME hours usually to at least midnight...go to AK on the day Epcot or MK has the EME, and then finish at the park with the EME. On the 5th day, you could go to the other (the one you didn't go to after AK closed) again!!

That's what we were thinking of doing on our first day there. Animal Kingdom closes at 5pm and then MK has the EME

razza1987

Original Poster
Did I miss any mention of kids and their ages? When I go with just adults we spend the second 1/2 of a day at MK. Now that my sister's kids are eenagers 1 day at MK and maybe an evening to see the fireworks one more time. It also depends on where you are staying, close to one park makes it easy to park hop for something special like an ADR. We usually split up all the days, don't stay from rope drop to closing at any one park. For our family it works if the kids get away from the park for a little down time and then they are ready to close a park.

I'll be 26 when we go and my younger brother who I am taking will be 21 lol. Though we act like kids sometimes hahaha

We're staying at Pop Century resort

bubbles1812

I'd recommend MK unless you are really into walking around the World Showcase at Epcot. For my family, we always chose to spend extra time at MK. Just walking the World Showcase didn't really appeal all that much to us (I know, I know...blasphemy! ;)) but I tend to find it boring at times as I'm a ride kind of gal. It ranks third behind DHS in terms of park order for me. I will say I have grown to appreciate Epcot more as I've grown older but for a first visit...eh...MK holds the most magic for me so it wins out when it comes to my recommendation for you.

fosse76

We have a five day park hopper and are planning on doing all four parks and then another park a second time.

Are you not using the hopper? Because by your statement it looks like you're only going to one park per day, which makes having the "hopper" option a waste of money. That said, if I only did one park per day, I would do 2 at Magic Kingdom.

Weather_Lady

Magic Kingdom, no question! (Also, you may find yourself with an extra half-day to revisit a second park after you do Animal Kingdom. If that's the case, I'd suggest another half-day at Epcot. For us, MK is a 2-day park and Epcot is a day and a half. We like to split our Epcot visits into 2 or 3 pieces using the Park Hopper, so we can plan multiple dinners there and take advantage of the diversity of restaurant offerings. Given the convenience of the monorail, a MK morning coupled with an Epcot afternoon/evening is always a nice combo.) :)

RedBaron

If you only plan on just visiting one park per day, you probably want to change your park tickets to just the base ticket. You pay quite a bit extra for this privilege to park hop.

I guess my next question is if you are traveling with small children? If so then MK all the way. If it is just adults, I would say Epcot.

mollydtt

I've generally found that the weather makes that decision for me. If I have a rained-out fantasmic, or whatever, then I have to visit that park again, if it is really, really that important to me.
Lucky for you, you won't need to make a big decision ahead of time with your park hopper tickets.

razza1987

Original Poster
Magic Kingdom, no question! (Also, you may find yourself with an extra half-day to revisit a second park after you do Animal Kingdom. If that's the case, I'd suggest another half-day at Epcot. For us, MK is a 2-day park and Epcot is a day and a half. We like to split our Epcot visits into 2 or 3 pieces using the Park Hopper, so we can plan multiple dinners there and take advantage of the diversity of restaurant offerings. Given the convenience of the monorail, a MK morning coupled with an Epcot afternoon/evening is always a nice combo.) :)

Good suggestion. We were planning on going to Animal Kingdom and were wondering what to do with the rest of the day after AK closes at 5pm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom