Which movies to watch before trip?

mapsd

What are the best Disney movies to watch with my kids prior to our trip?
I think they'll enjoy some of the attractions more if they're familiar with the characters/stories.

happymom52003

Peter Pan for sure, Alice in Wonderland (my kids LOVE this movie, which surprised me for some reason), Dumbo, and if you have girls, all the princess movies of course. Cinderella, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, etc...Princess Sing Along DVD is also great to familiarize them with the princeses if you do not have time to watch all the moveis....and it is perfect for younger ones who do not have the attention span to make it throuh the longer movies (my 2 1/2 year old daughter learned all of the princess names with this dvd):http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Prince...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=video&qid=1200492543&sr=1-1

This one is also alot of fun to watch before the trip: :http://www.amazon.com/Sing-Along-Songs-Disneyland-Fun/dp/6301753534

Upvote 0

bgraham34

If you had my nephew as a kid it would be every single Disney movie. He is 2 and half now but about a year ago all he watched was cars 4 times a day, he would cry for it. Now he loves Pan and all the other films, except Lion King.

Upvote 0

autigger

The Peter Pan, Snow White and Winnie the Pooh rides follow the movie story lines very closely. The stage shows Finding Nemo (Animal Kingdom) and Beauty and the Beast (Studios) also follow the story lines of their movie counterparts.

If your trip is after Toy Story Mania opens this summer, I would highly recommend Toy Story. This movie is also featured in Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, Woody’s Cowboy Camp and character meet and greats at Al’s Toy Barn.

The princess movies are also a part of many different attractions at Disney. Fantasmic (Studios), and Mickey’s Philharmagic (Magic Kingdom) combine characters and scenes from many of the princess movies (Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin, Pocahontas, Snow White, Cinderella, Little Mermaid).

1) Snow White
2) Cinderella
3) Toy Story
4) Finding Nemo
5) Peter Pan
6) Sleeping Beauty

Upvote 0

mickey&me

1. Toy Story 1&2
2. Peter Pan
3. Lion King
4. Mary Poppins
5. Cinderella
6. Swiss Family Robinson (for ages 8 & up)
7. Aladdin
8. Finding Nemo
9. Alice in Wonderland
10. Snow White

These are characters/attractions you are likely to see, but any of the movies are great. I think Snow White's Scary Adventure is closed right now, though.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Also, think about your character meals if you are doing any. I took my sons (ages 10 & 11) to 1900 Park Fare. They loved Mary Poppins. She made DS11 blush. It was adorable. Alice confused them because she talked about coming back to play croquet with flamingos and they could be the balls. They were a little intimidated by Mad Hatter and his boisterous, loud character. I think if they had seen Alice In Wonderland they would've understood and had more fun with it.

I came home from our last trip and bought HSM & HSM2 because I wanted to know what all the hype is about. Now DS10 walks around singing the songs constantly. :) If you have a child who might enjoy the HSM entertainment at DHS those movies could be helpful.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

1. Toy Story 1&2
2. Peter Pan
3. Lion King
4. Mary Poppins
5. Cinderella
6. Swiss Family Robinson (for ages 8 & up)
7. Aladdin
8. Finding Nemo
9. Alice in Wonderland
10. Snow White

These are characters/attractions you are likely to see, but any of the movies are great. I think Snow White's Scary Adventure is closed right now, though.

Swiss Family Robinson is one you wouldn't think of offhand but a good one. First time we took our boys into the tree house they looked around and were unimpressed, ready to go. Second time we took them they had seen the movie and were totally into the attraction. It's amazing the difference it made when they understood. LOL!

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

You didn't say the ages of the kids, so if they are the right age, don't forget Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion with Eddie Murphy (it is not a very good movie, but there are references to the attraction).

Upvote 0

coltow

You didn't say the ages of the kids, so if they are the right age, don't forget Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion with Eddie Murphy (it is not a very good movie, but there are references to the attraction).
I agree but only if the kids are about 4. If not I'd go with any sing-along, classic fab 5 cartoons, playhouse disney shows and vacation planning video. Others have listed movies and they ideas are all great. My top picks would be (no order) Cinderella, Peter Pan, Toy Story, Lion King, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Winnie the Pooh.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

What are the best Disney movies to watch with my kids prior to our trip?
I think they'll enjoy some of the attractions more if they're familiar with the characters/stories.
I love the classics the best...
Cinderella
Alice In Wonderland
Peter Pan
Snow White
Dumbo
Pinocchio
Lady & the Tramp
(just to name a few)
:wave:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

The Disney Sing A long Songs are great. We always walk down Main St. USA singning "I'm walkin' right down the middle of Main St. U.S.A....." yeah, its Disneyland not WDW but it gives lots of good views and shows great relation of the character / child, so little ones won't be quite so surprised to see giant chimpmunks ;)

Upvote 0

sophie_the_pooh

Don't forget Winnie the Pooh and is friends! :sohappy:

The Tigger movie, Piglet's big movie and Pooh's Heffalump movie are all fun movies, that can help your kids to get familiar with all the Pooh-related characters. I also love The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, because it makes riding this attraction in MK much more fun, since most of the scenes are directly taken from the movie.

Upvote 0

pacochran

As others have suggested I would go with

Cars-Then they can see McQueen and Mater at DHS
Toy Story-They can see Woody and Buzz and others at DHS
Buzz Cartoons-At one time there was Buzz Cartoons which mirrors the Buzz Lightyear Ride at MK.
Monsters Ic-They will see Laughing floor at MK and Mike and Sully have a meet and greet at DHS.
Lady and the Tramp-Then you can eat at Tony's Pizzeria in MK.
Brother Bear-They can be seen at a Meet and Greet at AK

If they are a little older rent Tower of Terror movie, which kind of follows the story line of the ToT.

Upvote 0

sublimesting

The DW and I (we have no kids) watch a marathon of everything we have and make sure to save a few to watch while there. But ya gotta go with anything that there is a ride of.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom