Which moments do you look forward to most on your Disney visit?

mergatroid

Original Poster
When you're thinking about your Disney visit which moments do you usually anticipate the most? I know there are so many parts to look forward to on a trip making this difficult to answer, but if you had to choose what would you say?

For me I always look forward to standing in line outside the park waiting for it to open. I know to some that doesn't sound too exciting, but for me it's the perfect feeling of escapism. I love that feeling of standing there with the sun not too hot and it smiling down on my wife and I. You have the whole day ahead of you with the anticipation of the things you know you will see, along with the excitement of the little unknown surprises that lie ahead. My wife is usually chatting away excitedly to me and most of the time has her arms around me as the parks seem to make her all romantic at this particular moment (I'm also not all sweaty at this point in the day which probably helps).

I also love that feeling as the rope drops as the buzz of excitement eminates from the crowd as they swarm into the parks. You walk through and the music hits you along with the various aromas of baked goods and candy, it's at this point along with many others that I really think "this is what it means to be alive" :)

ABigBrassBand

Going under the sign that says "Welcome to WDW!" or something of that nature. It simply brings tears of joy to my eyes.

Also, once I spot the first Disney structure once I enter property. It can be Typhoon Lagoon, ToT, really anything tall that I can see from the road, that just gets me excited.

njDizFan

my list:

1) first day at the MK, standing there looking at the castle in the distance. then stopping at MS bakery for a cheese danish and going over the itinerary

2) Winding my way around FW to the WS. Stopping at R&C for my first bevereage

3) Getting into Asia at DAK and finally seeing the prayer flags and EE

madswithano

In all seriousness, I always have a moment during either wishes or illuminations that's almost like an out of body experience. I just feel so happy that I don't feel real, like I'm watching a TV show about people who are blissfully happy and not worrying about anything else in the world and I can barely even tell that I'm actually experiencing it. Oh my god, that was so sappy.

mickey2008.1

Making ADRS.
Getting on DME
Going under the WDW sign
Check in
Riding the monorail, even just seeing it
Finally getting into a park, any park!
And this year, the smiles of all my kids, especially my 6 year old daughter for her first trip!:)

jlevis

The ferry ride over to MK seeing the Grand Floridian, the Polynesian and Space Mountain as we approach the landing.

mrsdanalind

Getting into Disney

Going under the sign that says "Welcome to WDW!" or something of that nature. It simply brings tears of joy to my eyes.

Also, once I spot the first Disney structure once I enter property. It can be Typhoon Lagoon, ToT, really anything tall that I can see from the road, that just gets me excited.

I think it's when I finally arrive at the Resort of choice, and see the disney attitude of everyone, and all the families happy and excited to be there.
Listening to my kids go bananas over the giant Mickey and Minnie on the Welcome to Disney sign,
Watching the faces of the little kids as they glow when the see Mickey or any character
Hearing the music, listening to the chatter and enjoying a rest in front of the Plaza restaurant.
And as has been said before. Seeing any Disney structure, as I approach any of the parks.
Sunset at any park. I just enjoy any and all parts of my vacation, simply because I can suspend belief for a week and just relax.:)

bjlc57

seeing that archway across the road.. that does it for me.. even as I write this it brings a tear to my eye.. it just trips my trigger in a way that I cannot explain to anyone else..

but I am sure that there are some here that totally and completely understand..

foreverbelle

Getting on ME
Pulling up to the resort for the first time that trip.
Watching Wishes with the husband on the last night.
Watching the face of my son as he lights up.
Having dinner at O'Hannas.

smw

the arch as you enter the property
por favor montengase alejado de las puertas
the mk entrance and seeing the castle
world showcase
wishes
getting back to our hotel after a loooong day

and now it'll be... having a drink on the beach at the polynesian at dusk with my lady, where i proposed last month.

NiarrNDisney

The moment after I have checked in, I am in my room, bags are down and unpacked I have a drink in hand cheering to the fact that I am Home and on vacation! :sohappy:

harveyt0206

The minute I see the Contemporary, which is "usually" where hubby and I stay at WDW. Once I arrive at the resort and get my welcome packet I become super emotional because I know I have a weeks worth of Disney magic to look forward to. Pure bliss.

JIMINYCR

Has to be crossing under the train station and the moment I emerge onto Main Street. Having the first glimpse of Disney, hearing the music, seeing a CM with his/her lanyard with pins to trade.

forevermickey

When you're thinking about your Disney visit which moments do you usually anticipate the most? I know there are so many parts to look forward to on a trip making this difficult to answer, but if you had to choose what would you say?

For me I always look forward to standing in line outside the park waiting for it to open. I know to some that doesn't sound too exciting, but for me it's the perfect feeling of escapism. I love that feeling of standing there with the sun not too hot and it smiling down on my wife and I. You have the whole day ahead of you with the anticipation of the things you know you will see, along with the excitement of the little unknown surprises that lie ahead. My wife is usually chatting away excitedly to me and most of the time has her arms around me as the parks seem to make her all romantic at this particular moment (I'm also not all sweaty at this point in the day which probably helps).

I also love that feeling as the rope drops as the buzz of excitement eminates from the crowd as they swarm into the parks. You walk through and the music hits you along with the various aromas of baked goods and candy, it's at this point along with many others that I really think "this is what it means to be alive" :)
you made me smile reading this:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom