Which moments do you look forward to most on your Disney visit?

KingdomofDreams

You guys are killin' me here. I should never have started reading this thread! :cry:

For me, driving under the "Welcome to Walt Disney World" sign, seeing the Epcot geosphere in the distance, the ferry ride across the lagoon to Magic Kingdom and walking into each park at opening with the music and smells, especially Magic Kingdom and Epcot. A really big moment I looked forward to was when the lights went out and the fanfare for Spectromagic began. I missed that so much on our last trip.

10Magic

I look forward to everything except checking out.
Man, I have to agree with that! So many "little" things make me smile, from being at the luggage carousel at Orlando Airport, to driving under the "Welcome To Walt Disney World" sign (always a mini-orgasm there), to checking in at CSR, to the first strains of music before the openings of each park every day, and so much more. The "SSSSSSSSST" sounds that the buses make makes me smile. Watching the "What To See at WDW" TV channel (only the first dozen times). The SMELLS at WDW, sometimes so subliminal, are awesome. Virtually everything puts me in my happy place. That being said, there is NOTHING about checking out that I find even remotely enjoyable.

ABigBrassBand

There are so many great ones, but I can tell you what I look forward to the LEAST. That would be opening the door to my room on the last day and seeing the "Thanks For Coming, Here's The Bill, Now Go Home" voucher on the doorknob. Yuck.

Oh, that got me real sad last trip because we were only there for a weekend, so we arrived Friday, and Saturday morning they were warning us in advance for our Sunday departure. I was like "aw, already? :("

Edisto Pluto

We usually stay at the BC...............the morning after we arrive and walk up to International gate and enter the walk thru the UK.....the excitement starts.

Texas84

That overpass on the Western Beltway where you can see Spaceship Earth and other landmarks in the distance. The entrance on Western Way. Getting military tickets at Shades of Green and being surprised with yet another ridiculous discount.

The Duck

Arriving at the MK 15-20 minutes before opening and watch the Welcome Show. Sure, it's dripping with corn and sappiness but that's exactly what I'm looking for to get me in the proper Disney frame of mind. Then, I look for my first photo op with Donald and/or Daisy.

mrsdanalind

what makes it disney

For me it is walking into the resort for checkin.

"but I am sure that there are some here that totally and completely understand.."
the ones who post on this and other Disney websited definitly do... or else we are all delusional.
:xmas: and I still believe that Disneyatics are some of the most sane people I've ever met:slurp::ROFLOL::

Going under the "Welcome to WDW" sign.

The first sight of the castle down Main Street USA.

Walking into a park right after it opens, and its all exciting and fresh. (especially the AK, when the park is kinda misty in the morning humidity... :animwink:)

Standing in line for Expedition Everest and ToT...I love the anticipation!

A Pecos Bills burger. :)

The happy feelings begin to simmer when all the signs turn Disney, and when we get out of the car at The Grand Floridian (usually) or Contemporary, I start taking in all the beauty and realize just how lucky I am to be there with my family. This year is my folks 40th anniversary, and the same goes for Disney, so I'm really looking forward to the milestone. My brother and his family are coming this year, with my niece intact. I've yet to take the plunge, but I enjoy her immensely, and know she will be on cloud nine in December as all of us watch her experience the magic that is Walt Disney World.

It's the laughter, the sights, the rides, the food, and the castmember's that make it special.

I always persuade everyone to dine at Casey's Corner for our first meal - and I get the Cheesesteak and Fries every time! After that, I'm happy and roll with the fun!

168 days....:sohappy:

HouCuseChickie

- first glimpse of monorail tracks- hopefully with a monorail on it
- that first full on view of the castle as you enter Main Street
- flying over London in Peter Pan
- that first whiff of PotC
- entering Spaceship Earth

DisneyDebNJ

Boarding the Magical Express
Pulling into our resort and getting our "keys to the world"
First Monorail Ride of the trip
Dinner at Ohana's
Watching Illuminations
First morning, waking up in DW and always saying the same thing.... "Am I really here?!?!?!!?" :p:animwink:

Thorpyness

As a Brit, we pay for transatlantic airfares, so it's no cheap trip.....
But here's my answers.

1) deciding to go
2) Booking

Here's one most of you will never get to experience....
3) Passing through immigration, then we know we're allowed into the US and are actually going to WDW.

4) The heat hitting you for the first time..
5) check in to the resort
6) Entering the first park.

7) The lift engaging into the main drop shaft on Tower of Terror always gets me

twodisneyfans

Boarding the Magical Express
Pulling into our resort and getting our "keys to the world"
First Monorail Ride of the trip
Dinner at Ohana's
Watching Illuminations
First morning, waking up in DW and always saying the same thing.... "Am I really here?!?!?!!?" :p:animwink:

Waking up in DW is always exciting! Oh wait...is that "Disney World?" (Sorry moderators...couldn't resist."):ROFLOL:

captainkidd

There are many, but check-in at the resort is right at the top.
First day at the Magic Kingdom, turning that corner, seeing the castle, and heading to the Main Street Bakery for breakfast is up there as well.

Dznycrzy

Walking down Main Street on the first day... I have arrived back "home" again. It makes me feel so blessed, that I cry every time.:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom