Which Moderate Resort?

WDW1992

We will be going to WDW in October and we can't decide where to stay. Which moderate would you recommend? We have already stayed at PO-FQ / PO-R so we'd prefer one of the others (We LOVED PO but we just want to experience a new resort.) Keep in mind we have 3 children 7 and under. Do you have a building recommendation as well? Thanks!

Erika

We went to Caribbean Beach for our honeymoon and loved it. The kids would probably love the pirate-themed pool and there are beaches to play on, birds to feed (very friendly-- one even scooted under my arm while I was sitting on the beach!), and a playground on the island in the middle. I would suggest any building that is either next to Port Royale (the main bldg) or else right across the bridge from it.

Photos and map

FAQ

Upvote 0

Tramp

Originally posted by WDW1992
We will be going to WDW in October and we can't decide where to stay. Which moderate would you recommend? We have already stayed at PO-FQ / PO-R so we'd prefer one of the others (We LOVED PO but we just want to experience a new resort.) Keep in mind we have 3 children 7 and under. Do you have a building recommendation as well? Thanks!

...when you're booking a moderate hotel, oftentimes you'll be offered an upgrade to a Deluxe hotel for a few dollars more...we've stayed at the Boardwalk for $154 a night, Garden view which was less than Port Orleans...when booking, ask the CM about the upsell/downsell program ....this program contains "Manager's Specials" and is designed to sell a limited number of rooms for drastically reduced prices at the Deluxe hotels, much like airlines sell seats at reduced prices while charging others full price. Good Luck! You'll have a BLAST no matter where you stay.

...oh, and even after you book, continue checking for specials cuz they'll re-book you if you find a better deal.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Well the pool area at Coronado Springs is by far my favorite thus far. The kiddie play area is really nice there although the resort is so large (set all the way around a 15 acre lake) My Mom had liked P.O. French Quarter because everything was so accessible and not so spread out. Check out www.wdwig.com for pics of all the resorts!! Also Disney on thier own website is running a special on all the resorts for most of the months of July and August, Check it out!! Good luck!!

Upvote 0

GGG1

My favorite modrate resort is Corondao Springs. The kids absolutely loved the pool and water slide and the resort does have its own little quiet spots if you need them. CS is pretty much close to everything, however, I agree with past posters to ask about upgrade specials to deluxe resorts, you may be surprised what you may get!

Upvote 0

Tramp

Originally posted by GGG1
I agree with past posters to ask about upgrade specials to deluxe resorts, you may be surprised what you may get!

...if ya happen to be an Annual Passholder, the Animal Kingdom Lodge has a special for $124 a night from June 23 thru August 24th....that's a steal cuz this is Disney's best themed hotel in my opinion.

Upvote 0

DanStat

AKL

If you want another moderate resort, aside from Port Orleans, I recommend Coranondo Springs.

I LOVE Animal Kingdom Lodge though! I would pay extra just to stay there! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Oh just a quick note regarding food at the Coronado. The last time i was there I wasnt as pleased with the food courts as I had been on previous visits for breakfast. so on a whim I tried the full service Maya Grill restaurant for a breakfast buffet for 11.99 a person. WONDERFUL!!!! It was a great buffet with lots of choices and all of them good and fresh. Service was nice too. Definitely a good alternative for breakfast!!! Good luck again!!!!

Upvote 0

Ariel

We've stayed at both the carib. and Port Orleans Riverside and if you want something different, I would certainly recommend the Carib. It's a beautiful hotel, and I would suggest either Aruba or Jamaica location wise. Both are across the bridge from the main area, but it's a nice stroll from there to the Old Port Royale area. You can enjoy a quite early morning stroll and as you approach the main area, you can hear the music playing. There is a lot to do there, with boating and biking, a great play area for kids and each section has a pool, in addition to the big main pool. If you do opt for this resort make sure to tell them you absolutely don't want Trinidad South. This is way off from the rest of the hotel and the last time we were there we got stuck there. It takes forever to walk to the main area (well, not forever, but it seems like it in the hot sun) and the internal bus system isn't very reliable. But, all in all it's my favorite of the moderate resorts. I visited Coronado the last time and didn't care for it at all. We had a bad experience at the food court, and I found the hotel itself to be very "hot" with very little shade and not as cozy as some of the others. When driving up that afternoon it made me think of a shopping mall. Of course, I didn't stay there, so it may have given me a different impression if I had.

The Caribbean is a fun place. I would go for it. :D

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

My favorite moderate is Coronado Springs. The pool looks amazing and they use paint on the buildings that change color at night...the buildings go from orange to pink at dusk (vice-versa at dawn)...really beautiful resort. You could also stargaze for free when I was there (they supplied teloscopes).

Upvote 0

dwldzm9

coronado

Put down another vote for coronado. I stayed there during the summer of '98 and it seemed to me a big, quiet, pretty resort. the run around the lake is very refreshing in the morning, but be forewarned : you CAN end up up a LOOOONG way from the main building, so if you are planning on having any small children with you, you might consider asking for a room closer to "Home Base", or if they are a little older, maybe one close to the pool.

Upvote 0

christopher

I stayed at the Coronado in 2000, and really liked it. The pool was awesome, and the place was huge. I was worried that I might not like it having never stayed there before, but I thought it was great. Definately my favorite of all the moderates. Stay at the cabanas, close to the main building and also the main pool. My only complaint was the food. So we would just take the shuttle to boardwalk, which is pretty much right next door, and eat at one of the resorts over there.:animwink:

Upvote 0

juan

Out of moderate resorts, I like Coronado Springs.
But I think you should check the Contemporary.
Ask for one of the wings and if there's any specials.
We have stayed there twice paying only $130 a night, which is at or lower the price of a moderate room. Oh and 7386 (I think) has a clear view of the fireworks

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

Caribbean Beach was the first resort that i stayed at on property. i was about 9 then, i think. but i loved it! we ended up staying there the next 2 or 3 trips after that. i would definately recommend it! i think your kids would love it there!
Coronado is nice too...i've never stayed there, i've just visited it once. so i can't recommend it by experience.
really i think you and your family would be happy with either one (heck, it's Disney! how could you not be?) but my sister and I agree that Caribbean would be best for small kids. as my sister mentioned to me "Caribbean seems more 'playful'" meaning the color scheme and such.

Upvote 0

jmewin

I stayed at the Coronado Springs 3 years ago. Didn't much like it. Too big and hard to find my way around. I did like the pool. Not very fond of the food. Before that 6 years ago I stayed at the Carribean Beach which I liked hugely. I will stay at the French Quarter in November.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom