Which miniature golf course should I choose?

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
I got the free round of miniature golf with my vacation package and I would like to know which one I should choose as I have never been to either...:)

dove_

I haven't been to Winter Summerland, but I looooove fantasia gardens. I grew up on the movie, and the course is so neat! I'm sure the other one is fantastic, too, but this one strikes a chord (pun not intended, lol) in me.

Maybe it's also cause I don't like snow...

Upvote 0

jjbuster2

We're opposite you Dove, only ever done Winter Summerland. A couple of trips ago this was DD 1st ever mini golf game (where she fell in love with the sport...is it a sport?). DH loves the sign that says, "Have your elf a buried little sand trap."

We're planning on golfing the day/morning of MVMCP on the 18th...is Fantasia Gardens really that good? Maybe we'll switch this time.

:xmas::xmas:

Upvote 0

dove_

I've got a few pictures of the fantasia course.. not many good ones, it was night and the ex is in a lot of them, but here are some to give you an idea.

IMG_0945.jpg

The descriptions of the holes.. The music notes are actually pieces from the songs.. makes the music geek in me very happy!

IMG_0949.jpg

A cave you go through.. there's sounds that come out too

IMG_0953.jpg

Kind of blurry, but this is a satyr

IMG_0956.jpg

Of course, a hippo and crocodile. Either this one or another makes water squirt when you go straight down the middle!

IMG_0961.jpg

The sorcerer Mickey hole.. there's brooms surrounding him which spray water over you, and when you do his hole, if you do it right, water splashes up around him.

IMG_0964.jpg

Yensid is the last hole, and there's more water and lights for him.

Overall, I love it! I'm trying to convince my friends we need to go.

I don't have pictures of the first few holes themed around instruments, either. One is a working xylophone, though!

The other course there is the fairways, which seems like it would be hilarious for real golfers- it's actual miniature golf!

Upvote 0

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Original Poster
I've got a few pictures of the fantasia course.. not many good ones, it was night and the ex is in a lot of them, but here are some to give you an idea.

IMG_0945.jpg

The descriptions of the holes.. The music notes are actually pieces from the songs.. makes the music geek in me very happy!

IMG_0949.jpg

A cave you go through.. there's sounds that come out too

IMG_0953.jpg

Kind of blurry, but this is a satyr

IMG_0956.jpg

Of course, a hippo and crocodile. Either this one or another makes water squirt when you go straight down the middle!

IMG_0961.jpg

The sorcerer Mickey hole.. there's brooms surrounding him which spray water over you, and when you do his hole, if you do it right, water splashes up around him.

IMG_0964.jpg

Yensid is the last hole, and there's more water and lights for him.

Overall, I love it! I'm trying to convince my friends we need to go.

I don't have pictures of the first few holes themed around instruments, either. One is a working xylophone, though!

The other course there is the fairways, which seems like it would be hilarious for real golfers- it's actual miniature golf!
Thanks for the pics. It looks really nice...

Upvote 0

Oakengate1995

I personally loved both courses, but I think that Fantasia probably just creeps ahead.:D Not that I don't like xmas!:xmas: Below there is a pic of the wintersummerland course (I can't remember which hole!)
IMG_1025.jpg

They are both great fun to play on, but as for scenery, fantasia doesn't stand a chance!

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Im going to Disney in January. I will be going to Fantasia Gardens (I do not want to spend my mini golf at a Winterwonderland - I am coming from Chicago). Similarily, I would rather go to Typhoon Lagoon over Blizzard Beach. I do not like the theming of the the winter in florida spots.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Having been to both, I actually prefer Winter Summerland as I think it has a more imaginative theme. For those of you who say you don't like snow, you do know it's called Winter SUMMERland don't you? There is a snowy winter course and a beachy (and more challenging) summer course. Winter Summerland is also much easier to get to (no buses go to Fantasia Gardens, so you walk there from the Swan/Dolphin, whereas Winter Summerland is right next to Blizzard Beach).

Pics from AllEars:
mg1.jpg

mg5.jpg

mg6.jpg

mg3.jpg

mg2.jpg

mg4.jpg

mg7.jpg

Upvote 0

dove_

Im going to Disney in January. I will be going to Fantasia Gardens (I do not want to spend my mini golf at a Winterwonderland - I am coming from Chicago). Similarily, I would rather go to Typhoon Lagoon over Blizzard Beach. I do not like the theming of the the winter in florida spots.

Agreed! I come from the lakeshore in michigan. More than enough snow for one lifetime. I was born with thin blood. I decided against MVMCP because I didn't feel that simulated snow was worth paying $50 for!

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Agreed! I come from the lakeshore in michigan. More than enough snow for one lifetime. I was born with thin blood. I decided against MVMCP because I didn't feel that simulated snow was worth paying $50 for!

LOL that was my thought when I went to MVMCP last year. The fact that the rides had no lines was a plus for me; seeing the MK decked for the holidays was great. However, the fake snow does nothing for me. The day we left for Disney last year there was a blizzard so we left out of 10 degree and lots of snow weather.

Upvote 0

epcotWSC

I've only played at Fantasia and I like it, but I always do terrible there. It's one of those courses that you can just smack the ball half the time, get a lucky bounce and get it in the right spot. I wanted to try WSL but I didn't have time last year.

Upvote 0

adrianuk91

I love wintersummerland it's my favourite crazy golf course in the world. So sorry fantasia garden lovers but wintersummerland is the best IMO. Its was also the quieter out of the two when we went and fantasia was looking a bit tatty where as they had just relaid the worn parts of the summerland course and did the winterland course about halfway through our holiday in October.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

I actually prefer the second course at Fantasia Gardens, the Fantasia Fairways. It's more like a real golf course with fairways, rough, greens, sand traps and water hazards. It's also a real challenge.

But I've played all four and you can't go wrong with any of them.

Upvote 0

JohnWeckwerth

We played Fantasia Gardens last summer and it was Great! It was one of the best memories I have of WDW(course thats probably cuz it was just me and my girls, all the complainers stayed back at the BCV). However it did seem to be in need of a refurbishment. It didn't detract from the game but it did look more worn than anything else at WDW. Winter Summerland looks great too and I wish we had tried that one out also.

Upvote 0

Shadowdawn

Fantasia Gardens was alot of fun when we went in early October. Just make sure you read the signs before you putt, they give you hints for what to aim for.

Upvote 0

hokielutz

I loved the WinterSummerland for the Christmas whimzy theme :xmas: and thought it was a great place to go in December. But I found that the Fantasia gardens to be very challenging, especially the long fairways course.

In January, we are going to have to do all four courses... should be a lot of fun!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom