Which is your LEAST Favorite Park?

J_Carioca

Every time I walk by that area I cringe and think WHYYYYY??? It reminds me of a junky, small town, low budget carnival and it is waaaay below the standards of Disney. What a waste of property and lack of theming. Thanks for reminding me of another reason to add to why AK is my least favored park.

Because this is actually what they were going for when designing Dinoland. They wanted it to be like a roadside attraction (that's why there's even a regular-looking highway going through it). The Imagineers' Guide to AK explains it.

mouse_luv

AK/DHS. There's honestly nothing at AK for me because I go for the animals and the safari is hit or miss, I'd rather just stay at a savannah view at AKV. I have gone a few times now and totally skipped AK and didn't miss it one bit lol. I'm starting to think the same thing is going to happen with me and DHS. It used to be one of my fave parks in its hey day and actually a working studio. There's nothing really there for me except for Star Tours, TSMM and Muppets and you can only do that so many times before it gets old. So, DBF and I have discussed totally skipping AK and DHS on our next trip and just going to MK and EPCOT since those are our faves.

DisneyJunkie

Hollywood Studios - it has the fewest (what I'd consider) "Must Do" attractions, and is overall a very choppy and confused theme park with little cohesiveness from one area to the next.

Alexis

Hollywood Studios.

Doesn't seem to have much. I found myself struggling to find something to do there. Although, I did enjoy the Toy Story Mania ride.
I think they need some more rides.

NonnaT

Because this is actually what they were going for when designing Dinoland. They wanted it to be like a roadside attraction (that's why there's even a regular-looking highway going through it). The Imagineers' Guide to AK explains it.
I have to agree with Jiminy... I KNOW what the effect is supposed to be, but I just don't like it. It's kind of creepy to me. BUT I do so love everything else at Disney, and basically never go by there. So much else to do! Thanks

Andy_0410

This is really tough as I do agree with you that HS is no where near as good as it used to be. However it contains prob 3/4 out of my 5 top rides at WDW
Also I love animal kingdom I think it is well designed with some excellent theming.
Which means tempted with Epcot but there is just so much to do and be immersed in there so I think I have to pick DAK
But overall they are all great parks in different ways. That is why we love the 'world' do much

Tinkerfan4ever

I know this is going to sound like I just hit my head on the wall... but my least favorite is Epcot. While I think World Showcase is great for eating... I just don't enjoy World Showcase beyond that. I could skip WS completely to be honest. I know many of the countries have the 360 movies, but I can't watch those without feeling sick to my stomach. (Roller coasters are no problem, but the 360 movies turn my stomach inside out). So I skip all of those. The shopping...even if it is unique to the countries, I don't care for either. I would rather spend my time at Hollywood studios watching Indiana Jones and Lights,Motor, Action or at Animal Kingdom watching FotLK or Nemo. I still go to Epcot, because my husband loves it (and I do like Test Track and Soaring), but everyone has to have a least favorite and Epcot is mine. But that is what makes Disney great... something for everyone!

Squigglove

Original Poster
I've never been to AK and have no plans to ever visit there. I'm glad to hear that the only thing I'm missing is mild heat stroke and the animals.

Epcot runs a close second. Didn't go for my last visit, won't be going this time. I can never remember what makes it worth visiting. I did love the parade there in 2000.

I'm surprised that so many say the Studios. But I do agree that it's small and needs some "bumping up."

Parrain

AK is our least favorite. Probably due to the humidity! We love the Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo, Kilamanjaro Safari and Expedition Everest but it is so sprawling and warm, my family gets burned out quickly. DHS is probably our favorite, because we love every attraction and ride in the park, and we always get there at opening for Toy Story Midway Mania, and stay until we've seen Fantasmic!

cheezbat

For the past decade my answer would have been DAK since its been lacking, but they've done some great work on the new Harambe area, quite a bit of extensive work on the Rivers of Light area, and Avatarland is finally being built.

Meanwhile, the only positive thing I have to say about DHS in the past five years has been the big hat removal. American Idol closed. Backlot Tour closed. Sounds Dangerous closed. Captain Jack Sparrow experience closed.

Lots of closures and no replacements.
Five rides in a $100 a day theme park? What kind of sick joke is that?

I used to love MGM/DHS and ranked it my #2, but out of the 6 American Disney Parks it is clearly dead last right now.

A W Reezy

I concur with everyone that says Animal Kingdom. Never really cared much for it, other than Expedition Everest.

Confirmed my least favorite park last year when my two year old didn't last 1 hour in the park. She did great the whole trip except for the day we went to Animal Kingdom. Really nothing for her to do, plus we couldn't seem to find any shade.

FettFan

No.

There are only two rides worth doing at DAK....three if you count the tram back to the parking lot.

Heck, there's a BETTER take on the Safari ride just down the road from me.
slide-2440458683_b1255e7174_o.jpg

www.globalwildlife.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom