Which is your LEAST Favorite Park?

lunchbox1175

AK is my least favorite park. While it is impressive in details and scenery, that's not what I am looking for at a park,and I don't care about animals so its a waste for me personally. I essentially only go on three rides, Everest, Kali, and TTBAB, then I am out and on my way to another park.

J_Carioca

Because of what Kali River Rapids was supposed to be: "Tiger River Run", Asia's version of Kilimanjaro Safaris.

Pull up Animal Kingdom on Google Maps, switch over to satellite view and look at Kali...to the north of the ride is a very large cleared area that was supposed to be the first 3/4s of the ride. It wasn't supposed to be the kind of raft ride that was eventually built...more like a river flume.

Guests would board boats similar to Universal's Jurassic Park rafts that would have traveled through an Asian elephant enclosure...
Kali-River-Rapids-108.jpg

Temple ruins inhabited by monkeys...
Kali-River-Rapids-008.jpg

(but no King Louie, lol)

But...the bean counters took over and put the brakes on it. So we just got the grand finale turned into its own ride....which is akin to going on Kilimanjaro, driving around for a minute, seeing the poacher's camp and then pulling back into the station to unload.

I get that that would have been incredible, but I don't think that's a reason to hold a grudge against the final version of the ride. It's still a lot of fun. The queue has to be the best, most detailed one in all DW, and the ride itself can be a blast. I love getting to the top and looking at Everest and then descending the big drop.

jmancan

Personally, I would much rather have had Disney use the money they used for AK and DHS to improve on MK and EPCOT. The two new parks came in at a time when the driving force behind Disney's decisions were "what makes kid's parents pay the most money?" which is an acceptable thing for them to do, as they are a company and Eisner couldn't just eat the unsold copies of The Jungle Book 2: Electric Boogaloo for survival, but EPCOT and MK meant a lot more to Disney than DHS or AK on a deeper level. AK and DHS just seem kinda like a board meeting of businessmen just said "Kids like animals and movies right? That seems like a reasonable use of the millions of dollars that are currently languishing in our investment of the Paris park and the expansion in Anahiem"

Still though, can't deny that they at least tried their damndest to make them comparable to MK and EPCOT, and it certainly shows with rides like ToT, EE (sans-disco yeti), but they just got stuck on the money making aspect of the parks and made them lower quality than the other parks as a result.

The queue has to be the best, most detailed one in all DW, and the ride itself can be a blast.
also
>DW
>Really?
>1349906481347.jpg

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
driving force behind Disney's decisions were "what makes kid's parents pay the most money?" which is an acceptable thing for them to do, as they are a company and Eisner couldn't just eat the unsold copies of The Jungle Book 2: Electric Boogaloo for survival,
Disney-MGM Studios opened in 1989
Disney's first direct to video sequel was in 1994 (Aladdin: The Return of Jafar)

Maybe AK could fall under that category (1998), but certainly not DHS.

Blackie Pueblo

The main problem HS has is... people are very hard to please as far as movies. Too many different styles. How do you keep a theme park based off movies updated and exciting when the love of certain movies fade or attractions based on movies can get old just the like the films themselves? It will have to change all the time and movie attractions added and removed.

Flippin'Flounder

The main problem HS has is... people are very hard to please as far as movies. Too many different styles. How do you keep a theme park based off movies updated and exciting when the love of certain movies fade or attractions based on movies can get old just the like the films themselves? It will have to change all the time and movie attractions added and removed.
Like Universal maybe. Just a thought

Beholder

Building a theme park like HS creates issues, like what will remain relevant, what will people be interested in 10, 20 years, what will the next "hot" thing be? I think sticking with concepts and genre first, then specific movies second, would work great. Action, adventure, sci-fi, fantasy, horror and of course animation lend themselves to theme park design. Find long standing "classics" from those categories, timeless masterpieces if you will, and build around those. They'll never get old. The ride tech made get dated and obsolete, but the source material would not. Build smaller attractions, shows, themed areas based on new and flavor of the month type stuff to keep things fresh. Perhaps every 6-7 years build a new C,D, or E to keep things from getting too stale. Just my thoughts on it.

KCheatle

Until it gets its act together, it's DHS. I love the concept, and I remember really liking MGM as a kid. It could easily be one of my favorites, but I think my expectations and inevitable disappointment every time I go now are what makes it my least favorite. But the same could be said of my thoughts about EPCOT. It's not quite as disappointing yet for me as DHS is. But, I remember the vibrant EPCOT of yester-year, and if EPCOT keeps going downhill the way it has been, it could easily tie DHS here soon.

Squigglove

Original Poster
Honestly, this is why I think the Studios should be more focused on Mr. Walt Disney's Classics, the timeless films he created that are passed down to each generation! In my opinion the Classics never get boring.

The history of the park was to let people see the imagineers at work but the cost for running production in FL and CA was too high so they turned the Studios into just an extra park. It seems like people forgot this. The focus of the park fell wayside and they seem to be struggling with how to keep it interesting. People want thrill rides so they just keep adding them.

And speaking of, I think coasters in their zoo park is absolutely unnecessary. They were supposed to be recreating a "natural" atmosphere for those animals but added a coaster to bring more revenue. Imo, that's downright unfair to the animals.

JohnHangen

And speaking of, I think coasters in their zoo park is absolutely unnecessary. They were supposed to be recreating a "natural" atmosphere for those animals but added a coaster to bring more revenue. Imo, that's downright unfair to the animals.

They're not making the animals ride the coasters.

Squigglove

Original Poster
John, I'm sure you understand my point. I would assume the constant sounds of a roller coaster to be quite treacherous to a wild animal. There's nothing natural anout it.

Evil Genius

While I used to love it, DHS is now my least favorite of the parks by a mile!

This park has not only lost its focus on the years, but right now so much of it is either closed down or in transition that sadly there just isn't much to occupy a guest for a day. Outside of attractions such as Tower of Terror, Rock 'n Roller Coaster, Toy Story Midway Mania, and to a lesser extent Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, and the shows the park has become stale.

At this point we make certain our FP+ reservations are early in the day, hit the high spots, grab lunch at the Brown Derby Lounge and we're out! By mid afternoon we've moved on.

mf1972

hopefully the people behind closed doors have something in the works for HS that we don't know about.
last time we were there, we did our fast passes, had lunch, people watch, & go to fantasmic. should've spaced it out better between everything else & fantasmic. talk about a long day. :arghh:

danheaton

I would have said AK until my last trip, but we had a great time there in January. That makes the answer easy as Hollywood Studios.

Mr Anderson

Well now you know mine. Animal Kingdom: planned as an experience, but constructed as a zoo. And I'm not going to spend my vacation time staring at the exact same animals I've seen in similar habitats at zoos throughout the United States.

DHS might be a half-day park, but it's still head and shoulders better than DAK's half-hour park.
Troll.

CheshireCat12

Our least favorite is DHS- simply because we don't find the shows all that great and so there are only a few rides to fill our time. I do wish they would just get on with it and give it a DCA style makeover!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom