Which IP would you rather see replace Dinosaur?

Which IP would you rather see replace Dinosaur?

• Zootopia

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Cocaine Bear

Votes: 28 68.3%

• Total voters

No Name

Original Poster
1678855383454.jpeg

1678855236848.jpeg

BlakeW39

Movielover

Seconded.

As an alternative though, if SEA becomes a marketable IP then a land set in the age of the dinosaurs or maybe on some lost island based on said intellectual property could also be cool.
Would love that, or maybe the Dino Institute has some secret donations from members of S.E.A that allowed them to develop the Time Rovers. Then you could have a second attraction be like a trip to a Lost World type scenario

Smiley/OCD

Agree with @Cmdr_Crimson…an extensive refurb to fix the problems and keep the dinosaur theme…again, here we are talking about a retheme of an existing attraction instead of building new new rides in a park that needs additional rides. There’s plenty of room in AK for expansion. Dinosaur does NOT need an IP added.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Seconded.

As an alternative though, if SEA becomes a marketable IP then a land set in the age of the dinosaurs or maybe on some lost island based on said intellectual property could also be cool.

I know it's uncouth to quote oneself but my thoughts:
...That's what they should have done with Dino-Rama as whole. Taken it to the extremes. Fully embraced the cheese. The theme they were going for isn't a bad one, it just wasn't executed well. Had WDI for example, added a cheesy darkride, that junkyard coaster and had the Dino Institute façade appear more abandoned with cracks and overgrowth, etc the entire land could have been more cohesive. (and better fit with the rest of Animal Kingdom's aged aesthetic) In my head cannon, the backstory could be that a down-on-her-luck owner of Dinorama Park has seemingly discovered her great grandfather's (S.E.A. member) abandoned time travel tech and is wanting to turn the park around with real dinosaurs. Help save the park from extinction! (1 part Land of the Lost to 2 parts We're Back!, with a little Jurassic Park naive optimism thrown in for good measure) I definitely think it could work but the land needs that cheesed out bus bar dark ride and junkyard coaster!

At this point I think S.E.A. is the only thing that would actually save Dinoland USA from going to other IPs. But there hasn't been a big enough push of that in Orlando to see it come to fruition.

KeithVH

I think, if you wanted to stay in-line with the concept of Dinosaurs, you would go with:

1679181961918.png

It even says "thrill ride" on the movie poster!

The only drawback is this was Universal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom