Which do your kids like better....Sci Fi or 50's Prime Time?

happymom52003

Original Poster
We are only going to be eating one meal at DHS on our next trip (it would be for lunch) and I can't decide between the two. I have not been to either one. The menu at 50's Prime Time sounds more appealing to me, but I think my kids would think it is alot of fun to eat in a car at Sci Fi.
Are all of the tables in cars at sci fi, or is there a chance we would not be put in a car?
It seems I've read alot of bad reviews about the food at Sci Fi. Is it really that bad??
From the perspective of a 3 and 7 year old, which one do you think would be more fun?

Rufus T Firefly

From your kid's point of view, I think Sci-Fi would be more enjoyable. We have only eaten lunch there, and have found the food to be so so. Very good milk shakes though. :slurp:

Mouser365

We love the Sci Fi Drive In and make sure to visit it on every trip. My kids love it there! When you make your ADR make sure to REQUEST a car. And make sure your kids order a drink with the glowing ice cubes. Ours still worked a year later! The food is fine. The atmosphere terrific.

GenerationX

We've eaten at both, and our kids prefer the Sci Fi, though we thought the food was a little better at the 50's Prime Time. They're both a lot of fun.

The cars seat 6. There are cars with a table in the middle and room for six people around it. There are also cars with three rows that seat two in each row.

Have fun! :wave:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Another vote for Sci-Fi for the coolness factor. Kids don't really "get" the 50's Prime Time theming as much as the drive-in theming in my experience.

JustPlainBill

We went to both, our kids seemed to like Sci-fi better, though we didn't have a meal there, we just had ice cream just before the park closed. While we were sitting in our car I heard several guests in other cars mumbling and grumbling around us, complaining about the food quality. I can only speak for the ice cream which was good. The 50's prime Time was very good as well, but the kids didn't appreciate the atmosphere as much as my wife and I did. Very nostalgic I'm sorry to say, which dates us:).

ThinkTink721

We are only going to be eating one meal at DHS on our next trip (it would be for lunch) and I can't decide between the two. I have not been to either one. The menu at 50's Prime Time sounds more appealing to me, but I think my kids would think it is alot of fun to eat in a car at Sci Fi.
Are all of the tables in cars at sci fi, or is there a chance we would not be put in a car?
It seems I've read alot of bad reviews about the food at Sci Fi. Is it really that bad??
From the perspective of a 3 and 7 year old, which one do you think would be more fun?
We have not been able to visit either, but I would think that Sci-Fi.
The kids may not like having to "clean their plates" at the 50's Prime Time Cafe'.
:wave:

MouseMadness

We have not been able to visit either, but I would think that Sci-Fi.
The kids may not like having to "clean their plates" at the 50's Prime Time Cafe'.
:wave:

That shtick wore thin with me after about 3 seconds.

And my husband really didn't appreciate being called "Skippy" :lookaroun

I realize some people think it's a blast, but it's not our thing. :shrug:

Foolish Mortal

I could eat at either and be happy, but if I were taking kids with me I would definitely do Sci-Fi. Of all the times I've been to Sci-Fi kids always seem to be entertained.

lighteningqueen

We ate at the Sci-Fi on our very first trip to the world in Dec and enjoyed it. The angus burgers are the way to go. They were delicious. Better than any burger anywhere I have eaten. Must be a different type of beef. My daughter got the turkey sandwich and wished she had gotten the burger.. Shakes were great. 50's is good for the post roast and the chicken. Great atmosphere, got a dud waiter though so we didnt get to experience the fun, but to watch the other waiters around us and their guest. Our grandson was 4 and he didnt get the concept of the sci fi as the movies are not child like. But the drive in decor was great. He loved sitting in the front seat of the car to eat.

wdwmomof3

This is so hard because we love them both. We had a ball at 50's Primetime and the food was better , IMO, but they love the theme if Sci-Fi.

please don't shoot me.

teddygurl28

well when i went to both restaurants i was about 8 ( 24 now) and i remember both. i remember HATING the 50s cafe, they made fun of me for not eating my dinner ...i was a shy kid and a totally picky eater so it made me really uncomfortable, for some people it would be a riot-but i was nearly in tears. on the opposite spectrium i loved loved loved the sci-fi diner the car was cool, i got to have some of my dads chocolate shake and the movies were awesome and my parents were telling me about when they had drive ins and stuff like that...much better experience...in fact im going back there this summer when i finally make my way back to disney! so im definately a fan of the diner!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom