Which Disney Visa card design did you choose?

scoobygirl39541

Original Poster
I'm looking to get my own Disney visa and can't decide what design I want. My parents have had their castle design for years and its my favorite, but I don't want to get it confused lol Currently debating between Vintage Mickey and the Mickey and Friends trio.

Which did you choose?

JIMINYCR

Red card with Mickey head & lots of sparkling stars, CHARTER CARDMEMBER. Gets everyones attention when we take it out to pay. The numbers are ... oh wait... you didn't ask what the numbers are..:p
pixie_dust.jpg

IceGator

Finding Nemo. I get so many compliments on it. I've been tempted to switch it out with a different design but I haven't been able to part with it quite yet.

Shere_Khan

I have the cutest Bambi design that they had years ago. I've never switched because I am afraid I would be able to get it back again if I wanted it. It is so adorable, people comment on it all the time.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I have the Tinkerbell card, and DH has the vintage Mickey. At first we both had Tinkerbell before discovering that we were allowed to have different designs on the same account. He was happy to get something less girly, ha. :)
Same here but we both started with vintage Mickey then I switched to Tinker Bell

JIMINYCR

I can give you Ted Underhill's Amex ! My card is Mickey, Donald, and Goofy. Also Charter Member.

images

:D :D:D
Waiter: Excuse me, Señor. You are a member of the club?
Fletch: No, I'm not, I'm with the Underhills.
Waiter: They already left, Señor.
Fletch: It's all right, they'll be back. He went out for his urinalysis.
Waiter: Would you like some drinks, Señor, while you wait? I will put it on the Underhills' bill.
Fletch: Yes, very good. I'll have a Bloody Mary and a steak sandwich and... a steak sandwich, please.

WDWVolFan

What are the advantages of the Disney credit card,
I have a Delta Amex for miles but if I could find a way to make my strategy of paying it off monthly fit on both cards while maximizing points/miles, I'd do it.

Fletch

What are the advantages of the Disney credit card,
I have a Delta Amex for miles but if I could find a way to make my strategy of paying it off monthly fit on both cards while maximizing points/miles, I'd do it.

I guess depends on what you are looking for. On the basic card you get 1% back that translates to Disney rewards dollars. Upgrade gets you an extra 1% on Gas-Restaurant-Grocery purchases. On our last trip we had $500 to spend at the parks. However, you can spend it on Disney items, i.e DVD's. I think I read somewhere that you can apply them to Disney trip if you book through Disney - not 100% sure though.

http://disneyrewards.com/cards-overview-cardmember

I have been thinking about upgrading to the premier card. DW wants the castle and I am leaning towards classic Mickey.

Tinkerbella16

I am a new Disney Visa Premier card holder.. literally just activated my card. I have the card with Cinderellas Castle on it and I love it!

Fletch

I am a new Disney Visa Premier card holder.. literally just activated my card. I have the card with Cinderellas Castle on it and I love it!

I am still a little confused on how the benefits work as far as getting money back for certain purchases. Does that go into an account and onto another card or something?

Your rewards dollars show up at the bottom of your credit card statement. DW usually does it but I believe to redeem reward dollars you call Chase and they mail you a card.

Keep in mind that reward dollars expire. I think they begin to expire at the the 5 year point. Also, if you want to use the rewards for a trip to Disney make sure you redeem them enough in advance.

scoobygirl39541

Original Poster
wow! $500 in rewards?! The most we've ever gotten in a year was $80! haha

Thanks for all your posts! Think I'm going to start with vintage Mickey then go from there! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom