Which Disney Visa card design did you choose?

luv

At first, I had no choice and was given the red/pink card with sparklies on it. Later, when they had different designs, I picked the cartoon Mickey & friends one.

But I dropped their card. Too much fraud protection for my taste. It was cute, though!

ILDisneyFan

I currently have Vintage Mickey but I've had the castle, Finding Nemo and Toy Story in the past. I think it's cool that they let you change the card design as often as you want. I don't use it that often, it's mainly used for my monthly bills that are automatically taken out. I think when we went last November I had like $50 to spend? It's okay as far as the rewards go but my Chase Freedom offers far better rewards. If any of you have the Chase Freedom and are going to Disney before the end of September I think the next 5% cash back includes theme parks! Of course, we're going in October so we'll miss out. :rolleyes:

hull327

Honestly, there aren't many. My fiancé has one, but it's our worst rewards card. There are better rewards cards out there for travelers. Chase Freedom and Capital One Venture both offer better rewards rates.
Agreed. There are much better cards out there that offer better rewards. I have an old Chase Freedom card where the rate is fixed and is much lower than current rates and the rewards are much, much better. Granted I don't get Disney bucks or whatever it is but I can still get generic Visa gift cards that have substantially higher dollar amounts and can be used like cash.

fosse76

Mickey on the gray background.

Jimmy Thick- I didn't pick it.
That's what I have. I originally had the Disneyland 50th Anniversay Sleeping Beauty Castle, but Chase "discontinued" that design and and swaped it for this one. After telling me that you keep the card design indefinitely (until you change it yourself).

Shere_Khan

I currently have Vintage Mickey but I've had the castle, Finding Nemo and Toy Story in the past. I think it's cool that they let you change the card design as often as you want. I don't use it that often, it's mainly used for my monthly bills that are automatically taken out. I think when we went last November I had like $50 to spend? It's okay as far as the rewards go but my Chase Freedom offers far better rewards. If any of you have the Chase Freedom and are going to Disney before the end of September I think the next 5% cash back includes theme parks! Of course, we're going in October so we'll miss out. :rolleyes:

I agree! I use Chase Freedom for most everything. Much better rewards. You could always save those points for Disney trips too. But I like the Disney Visa for the 6 months no financing on Disney trips.
I'm also missing out on the 5% at theme parks as we go in Dec. :(

sbkline

I started out with Castle in the Clouds, briefly switched to the friends trio, and then back to Castle in the Clouds, which is what I still have.

Ariel484

My husband has had Vintage Mickey from the get-go. I started out with the red one with stars, then switched to the trio, then Mickey and Minnie, back to the trio, and now have the castle. And I could see myself switching back to Mickey and Minnie or Sorcerer Mickey...:D

As far as maximizing rewards...(apologies for the novel):

We have the premier Disney card, Chase Freedom and a Southwest card. We charge almost everything and pay our balances off in full every month.

When the Disney Premier card came out we jumped on that...then we got the Chase Freedom and downgraded our Disney card back to the regular card. About a month ago I printed out our year-end statement for 2012 and did some number crunching...if we'd kept the premier Disney card we would have gotten $50+ more in rewards (I forget the exact number), even with the annual fee. So we switched back to the premier card, and right now it is our primary card. I like that we get 2% back on gas, groceries and restaurants all the time, and we've been saving our rewards for about 2 years now. By the time our trip in December comes up we should have enough to pay for all of our food.

We only use the Southwest card to book our flights (or anything that we get 2% back on)...there's an annual fee but we also get a credit every year that we can use toward flights so the fee cancels out.

The Chase Freedom card is a little disappointing to me. GREAT that it has no annual fee and that we get 5% back on something all the time, but the rewards don't work out as well for us. The 5% reward changes every 3 months, but I noticed that it'll be gas again starting in July (along with theme parks and Kohl's, which doesn't so much for me)...so 6 months of 5% on gas since gas was also a reward in January-March. We both have small cars and are lucky to have short commutes, so that doesn't pay out as well for us. Restaurants was a good one. I wish they'd have groceries but I don't see it on this year's calendar.

So we use the Disney Visa for everything EXCEPT for things that pay 2% on the Southwest card and 5% on the Chase Freedom card.

tl;dr - crunch some numbers and figure out what will work best for you and your spending habits. What works best for you may not be best for me, and vice versa. :)

OldYeller

images

:D :D:D
Waiter: Excuse me, Señor. You are a member of the club?
Fletch: No, I'm not, I'm with the Underhills.
Waiter: They already left, Señor.
Fletch: It's all right, they'll be back. He went out for his urinalysis.
Waiter: Would you like some drinks, Señor, while you wait? I will put it on the Underhills' bill.
Fletch: Yes, very good. I'll have a Bloody Mary and a steak sandwich and... a steak sandwich, please.
There can never be enough references to Fletch in this world. and I have the fantasmic Mickey design on my visa

Minthorne

See I'm thinking as having it as a secondary card. We pay off all we spend and the AMEX gives me all the miles with Delta plus a free companion ticket per year.
I would use the Disney card for the bills and places that don't take Amex so that I could earn some Disney points...even if I only get $30-$40, hey that's something I can spend on my next trip to WDW. :-D

The best benefit of the Disney visa is the 6 mos finance free on Disney Vacation charges and their sign on bonus of $100 statement credit after spending only $500 (that's a 20% cash back bonus folks!). Other than that I think most folks would get more cash back with a BoA Cash Rewards card (no Annual fee 2% groceries and 3% gas, 1% everything else)

I have Vintage mickey currently. I cancel it after 6 mos and then get a new one 2 years later for the sign up bonus again. I just got my new one this month when I renewed my annual pass. Gotta love the extra $100 off the annual pass!!

Shere_Khan

I used to get offers I'm the mail all the time for 5x the points on certain categories for a specific date range. Don't think I've seen one in years. Why don't they do this anymore?

DJMoore2011

I know this thread hasn't been posted on since June of this year but I am hoping you all can help.

This Disney Card you all are talking about, is it a Card that is attached to your checking account or an actually credit card?

aladdin2007

I know this thread hasn't been posted on since June of this year but I am hoping you all can help.

This Disney Card you all are talking about, is it a Card that is attached to your checking account or an actually credit card?

Its an actual credit card, but they do also offer a debit card.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom