Which Disney Visa card design did you choose?

Sweet Melissa

What are the advantages of the Disney credit card,
I have a Delta Amex for miles but if I could find a way to make my strategy of paying it off monthly fit on both cards while maximizing points/miles, I'd do it.
Honestly, there aren't many. My fiancé has one, but it's our worst rewards card. There are better rewards cards out there for travelers. Chase Freedom and Capital One Venture both offer better rewards rates.

Fletch

wow! $500 in rewards?! The most we've ever gotten in a year was $80! haha

Thanks for all your posts! Think I'm going to start with vintage Mickey then go from there! :D

You're welcome ! We use the card quite a bit. With the price of gas, groceries and pretty much all else it adds up pretty quick.

Disclaimer: Bill paid each month. Paying interest sort of defeats the purpose.:D

WDWVolFan

Honestly, there aren't many. My fiancé has one, but it's our worst rewards card. There are better rewards cards out there for travelers. Chase Freedom and Capital One Venture both offer better rewards rates.
See I'm thinking as having it as a secondary card. We pay off all we spend and the AMEX gives me all the miles with Delta plus a free companion ticket per year.
I would use the Disney card for the bills and places that don't take Amex so that I could earn some Disney points...even if I only get $30-$40, hey that's something I can spend on my next trip to WDW. :-D

Hot Lava

In honor of my boy, we both got the Cars one. But if they would come out with a Little Mermaid or even Monsters Inc. design, I would hop on it. Especially LM.

Also, if you want to use the rewards for a trip to Disney make sure you redeem them enough in advance.

I don't know if this is true (or still true), but I have read elsewhere on this board that you could draw down your points and have them put on a card at WDW. Is this (still) true?

Fletch

I don't know if this is true (or still true), but I have read elsewhere on this board that you could draw down your points and have them put on a card at WDW. Is this (still) true?

Interesting. That would be a bonus to draw down if necessary at the parks. A good question to ask the credit card company when the time comes again.

DW handled the last redemption and there is a time frame between redeeming and getting the card delivered. I think she redeemed a month in advance.

Master Gracey 5

See I'm thinking as having it as a secondary card. We pay off all we spend and the AMEX gives me all the miles with Delta plus a free companion ticket per year.
I would use the Disney card for the bills and places that don't take Amex so that I could earn some Disney points...even if I only get $30-$40, hey that's something I can spend on my next trip to WDW. :-D

I have it (Classic Mickey design - very classy) and use it as a secondary card as well whenever I can't use my AMEX. There are definitely better cards out there but if you get an offer with free points its a nice bonus. After your initial perior if you keep it as a secondary card your points add up more slowly but you can save them for several years and then use them towards a Disney trip. I know last trip my brother and I both used our points and effectively paid for one night at the Boardwalk on our last visit. I believe you can also trade the points in for a gift card (havent tried this yet) to use at any location so even if you end up with $30-40 for the trip, that helps pay for the family's Dole whips!

RedBaron

Hubby and I have the Disney Friends card. As for the benefits, when we went 3 years ago, we had enough points to pay for almost all of our ticket price for a family of 4 for 5 days (I think we had $800). I think right now we have about $400 and we plan to use that towards food money. If we would have had a little bit more I would have bit the bullet and made one a character breakfast. :( I just refuse to pay that ridiculous price for scrambled eggs and a photo op.

pluto77

I have Sorcerer Mickey, and I love it! There areprobably better rewards cards, but u like that these rewards are set aside specifically for Disney, and I'm not tempted to redeem them for something stupid. I had $290 to spend on this trip, and it allowed us to do some nice sit down meals and paid for most our other meals.

ifuhadwings

I have the castle and vintage Mickey. People love it. I have a standard reply. I always say " Mickey won't pay the bill when it comes!" They always laugh. I don't think it's that funny, but I say it anyway.

NeedMoreMickey

Interesting. That would be a bonus to draw down if necessary at the parks. A good question to ask the credit card company when the time comes again.

DW handled the last redemption and there is a time frame between redeeming and getting the card delivered. I think she redeemed a month in advance.

I think you can get a new card at Guest Services but it would be nice if someone who actually did this could verify. You are only allowed two active Reward cards at one time. They are usually good for 2 years and once you put your dollars on them you can't transfer them off. Had a little bit of money left over and the rewards card was ready to expire so I bought a gift card with the money. You can also use the rewards card on line or at a Disney store at the mall.

Fox&Hound

My wife and I both started out with the grey design that had some kind of sparkle on it. I wasn't too thrilled about that idea, so I opted for vintage mickey and my wife has the pink one with sparkles. We use it all the time and usually have a couple hundred saved up by the time we go to the parks and use it for crazy merchandise spending. It makes us feel a little better =)

Lexxweb

I have this one-

ChaseDisneyDebit.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom