Which disney movie most deserves their own ride?

NadieMasK2

surfsupdon said:
Beauty and the Beast dark ride. Magical premise, adventure abounds, cool characters and classic Disney songs, plus it was nominated for an Oscar before the animated category even existed! The ride could be very elaborate and well done.

Yes, yes, yes!!!! A ride through Belle's village, then Beast's enchanted castle, then a bright, happy ending just like the movie.

One can dream.:)

LaughingGravy

Gus
Condorman

Ok..OK.. I think my favorite ideas of those posted are The Black Hole writeup for Tomorrowland (see page 1 of the thread) and the other idea of turning the tomorrowland speedway into a CARS theme, where they change the bodies to the cars from the movie. Realistically, I could see the cars thing, but unless someone with true vision comes in, The Black Hole would be seen by most as a black hole to throw money into. But, it could really be great!!!
Look how many people love Splash Mtn., but have never seen Song of the South.

It is a shame the only thing we see of Mary Poppins is the scene in The Great Movie Ride for about 1/2 a minute and the rare face characters of Mary.
I've only seen her in Epcot and then only in the red and white.
They did a great job of Mary Poppins in the Tencennial TV special about Disneyland.

mattfz

WDWFREAK53 said:
Mary Poppins or The Love Bug

I almost envision a umbrella ride over the city of London-- maybe simulated like Soarin' or a ride vehicle like Peter Pan??? A blend of live action and animation involved somehow??

I think you are onto something! haha

mattfz

surfsupdon said:
Beauty and the Beast dark ride. Magical premise, adventure abounds, cool characters and classic Disney songs, plus it was nominated for an Oscar before the animated category even existed! The ride could be very elaborate and well done.

not a bad idea, but I think the dark rides are played out (Peter Pan, Pooh, Snow White).

I like all of them, but dark rides are pretty limiting.

mattfz

MY_NAME_STITCH said:
How about a rehab of the Indy Speedway themed to the movie Cars???

I always thought the Indy Speedway was kinda lame, because most amusement park have an attraction like this. The CARS rehab could set this attraction apart from the rest-- but I doubt the movie will become a true classic.

The Adventurer

I don't think anyone has suggested One Hundred and One Dalmatians. Hell Hall could be the location but instead of a Haunted Mansion theme it could be a dark rollercoaster like Space Mountain, except you are tearing in and out of the manor with Cruella in pursuit.

Mary Poppins, The Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, and Aladdin also need an attraction to themselves. Yes, I know Aladdin has The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, but that film is too good to be a second-rate Dumbo ride.

manutdfan1

i would absolutly love a sleeping beauty ride. I could be in fantasyland and be a mummy ride type ride. This would be sooooo cool but it wouldnt be for little kids. And at the very end you escape from an aa dragon. ohhhh yeah. i can see it now.

Mr. WDB

I can't believe everyone is missing the obvious one: Monsters Inc. (yeah, yeah, I know about the whole Laugh Floor concept, but that's not what I envision). When I first saw Monsters Inc. I remember seeing the whole door sequence where there's hundreds and hundreds of doors moving about, criss-crossing each other, and I thought, "Man, I bet Disney makes a ride out of this one!" I am rather perplexed as to why they haven't --- it would be a hit for sure. I would be a thrill ride, swooping and crossing paths and stuff.

Wbnemo1

Howdy,
Personally, I think they should re-do a tribute to the Classic Disney film 20, 000 Leagues Under the Sea. It is one of the three films that basically, put Disney on the map,Disneyland anyway, They quite literally bet the farm on it's success. They should have never gotten rid of the subs here, very depressing. As far as Atlantis, they did have a themed roller coaster type ride on the drawing boards but due to lack of sucess of the film, scrapped it. (my opinion as to why) While they are revamping the Submarine Voyage in California, It is Not 20K, nor has it ever been....
Best,
Will, or BABS or Whatever :)

jedimaster1227

Third Man on the Mountain! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Or a Cool Runnin' bobsled ride at the studios would be really cool. Have the actors show you how to mount the vehicle via TV screens and that would be cool!

I would love a national treasure ride - where you might have to solve clues to go on to the next scene or somewhere that you could learn about history and then have to use what you learned to advance on to the next area.

That is probably the best idea I have heard in a while! Just imagine the ride using the technology used in Busch Gardens Wlliamsburg's Curse of Darkastle- Have the ride follow Ben Gates and Riley and then when they get down to the old stairwell at the end of the movie, you drop straight down and then bounce off of the wooden railing into a wall, knocking it down along with a torch. The torch falls on the gunpowder column in the center and the Treasure Room lights up... You would exit via a station at the end of the Treasure Room with a Riley animatronic crying and praising the sight of stairs! Now that would be a ride!

Chape19714

Mr. WDB said:
I can't believe everyone is missing the obvious one: Monsters Inc. (yeah, yeah, I know about the whole Laugh Floor concept, but that's not what I envision). When I first saw Monsters Inc. I remember seeing the whole door sequence where there's hundreds and hundreds of doors moving about, criss-crossing each other, and I thought, "Man, I bet Disney makes a ride out of this one!" I am rather perplexed as to why they haven't --- it would be a hit for sure. I would be a thrill ride, swooping and crossing paths and stuff.
Have you ever been to WDW Landary facilities. I wonder if the sequence wasn't based on that! If you're a towel or bedsheet, the ride already exists!

THECARISMINE

hmmmm.. I'd have to say A Beauty and the Beast because well it would be sooo awsome plus really there isn't enof Beast in the parks and they can make some preaty freakin awsome things with that movie like a Great long dark ride that slowly change with the castle at that the end that'd be Sweet

captcanada

I'd have to go with...
Cinderella...
Sleeping Beauty....
Beauty and the Beast....
The Little Mermaid....
Pocahontis.....

Popular movies.....most have princess's.....
Yet...no rides for them. I find this rather odd.

A bambi ride wouldnt hurt either =)

All dark rides...cuz I like em. :)

SpectroPhoenix

I love all of these ideas!
The concept of having a Kingdom Hearts ride would be pretty cool since it'd allow Disney to incorporate a bunch of different classic movies that don't really have a place in WDW, like 101 Dalmations, NMBC, Alice in Wonderland (aside from the tea cups), Hercules, Pinnochio, Tarzan, Mulan, etc.
OT, but why doesn't Disney take advantage of the Kingdom Hearts games and sell little keyblade keychains or something? I think that they'd sell really well

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom