Which disney movie most deserves their own ride?

iheartdisney91

ok get rid of poohs platful spot and put in a little mermaid ride that has like the davy jones affect but of ursula and go into ariels grotto and all that jazz! oh and make it empt into the little mermaid gift shop (oh and add that too)LOL:) :wave:

brentley2

1. Little Mermaid- this needs to be done as a tribute to the movie that really started the Disney Renaissance.

2. Beauty and the Beast

3. Aladdin- love the idea of the Cave of Wonders!

Lastly, let me say no more FREAKIN' PIXAR!!!

We have enough rides on their movies, it's time to start filling in the gaps between Ariel and Toy Story.

matt88mph

I say The Incredibles on one condition.....that it goes in the Disney-MGM Studios, where it belongs.

Either do it up like a Spiderman or Hanna-Barberra-style ride where Syndrome returns (and explain how he didn't die), and kidnaps Jack-Jack again. Only we're with the Incredibles, and we're in hot pursuit.

Other than that, they should revive the Roger Rabbit area originally planned for the Studios.

PintoColvig

My vote would be for:

1. A Darkride based the Chronicles of Narnia: This is a franchise now with future movies on the horizon but it is also based on classic children's books so it has an enduring legacy.

2. A Fantasia darkride: This has a ready-to-go storyboard and soundtrack. The ride could take you through a series of rooms that are each dedicated to the vignettes of the movie. Each room would also feature a sampling of the music from the vignettes. I can imagine a giant chernabog during the Night on Bald Mtn. sequence. My all-time favorite Disney character!

DisneyGal126

Dragonrider1227 said:
Hmm, Nightmare Before Christmas would make an awesome ride.
Treasure Planet and Atlantis are underated and deserve rides as well. In fact, i'd like to see the 20k ride rethemed to Atlantis rather than Nemo.
Now, where would you put Treasure Planet? It's got a feel that would work in Tomorrowland AND Adventureland.

I agree 100%!!

I'd also like to see a dark ride based on Aladdin or Narnia!

and even though its not a movie I like the idea of a Kingdom Hearts ride!

Timothy_Q

an interactive Lion King dark ride.
In my opinion it's the best movie disney has ever made and it only has a show in AK...it's not fair :(

lazidazi07

Alice in Wonderland ( one that doesnt make me hurl, yes, it makes me sick. stop laughing.):lookaroun
A Dark Ride Alice in Wonderland.

I still have my fingers crossed for NBC....

jedimaster1227

MickeyMario said:
an interactive Lion King dark ride.
In my opinion it's the best movie disney has ever made and it only has a show in AK...it's not fair :(

Not true, it also has a show, Circle of Life in the Land at Epcot. Also, it used to have a show inside of the building that now houses Philharmagic.

Wbnemo1 said:
Howdy,
Personally, I think they should re-do a tribute to the Classic Disney film 20, 000 Leagues Under the Sea. It is one of the three films that basically, put Disney on the map,Disneyland anyway, They quite literally bet the farm on it's success. They should have never gotten rid of the subs here, very depressing. As far as Atlantis, they did have a themed roller coaster type ride on the drawing boards but due to lack of sucess of the film, scrapped it. (my opinion as to why) While they are revamping the Submarine Voyage in California, It is Not 20K, nor has it ever been....
Best,
Will, or BABS or Whatever :)

ITA. As I said in another post, Captain Nemo was my first literary crush. At least in Tokyo, he's got a whole area of the park all to himself. (I'll get there...one day...) The only thing that would make it better is if they featured the good Captain in the Vulcania restaurant, playing the organ and singing to entertain guests. (He would, of course, be a baritone. With the kind of voice that would make you wonder "gee, wasn't the Met hiring?")

I am TOTALLY for a Mary Poppins dark ride. And from my conversation with Mary where she was holding court in the Toy Soldier shop in Epcot, she agrees. "They don't sell my dress to little girls, they don't have an attraction for me...they don't do nearly enough to promote me!"

Also agreed on Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast (maybe a ride through the Beast's enchanted castle, sort of a "Haunted Mansion, Jr."?) and a Cave of Wonders rollercoaster along the lines of Revenge of the Mummy. (All the good ideas for an Aladdin ride, and what do they give us? A clone of a ride that's already in the park. Twice. And a glorified carnival ride at that!)

Timothy_Q

jedimaster1227 said:
Not true, it also has a show, Circle of Life in the Land at Epcot. Also, it used to have a show inside of the building that now houses Philharmagic.
I had forgotten about the Circle of LIfe in the Land...sorry.
But I really think it deserves a dark ride, it has a lot of potential

jedimaster1227

MickeyMario said:
I had forgotten about the Circle of LIfe in the Land...sorry.
But I really think it deserves a dark ride, it has a lot of potencial

I think it had potential before they came out with a broadway play and two sequels to the film. The franchise has been pulled to its max for now. Lets wait until the show ends its run.

rbrower

I would like to see a mary poppins dark ride because it would be cool to see what they would do with the cross between live action and animation!:)

jedimaster1227

bhg469 said:
With technology getting as good as it is i would love to see what could be built today..

It is a shame that the management at Disneyland was patient while ours wasn't in keeping the 20K Lagoon (Over there it was originally "Journey thru Liquid Space"- to go along with Journey thru Inner Space and then it became Submarine Voyage). Disneyland's lagoon is getting the full makeover complete with a brand new Nemo-fied version of the subs.

We got the short straw and our lagoon was torn out to make way for Pooh's Playful Place and a whole lot of space (Didn't mean for that to ryhme but it does work in this scenario).

LudwigVonDrake

1) A Mary Poppins dark ride

2) An Incredibles coaster where you race to save Jack Jack from Syndrome (or even the Underminer!)

3) An Aristocats dark ride through the streets of France with all the movie scenes

4) For AK: Ludwig Von Drake giving a humorous "history" of Animals as a ride-through using AA figures and film footage

autumndawn1006

LudwigVonDrake said:
1) A Mary Poppins dark ride

4) For AK: Ludwig Von Drake giving a humorous "history" of Animals as a ride-through using AA figures and film footage

I like this last one. I love AK, but it could use a little more humor.

loxley44

A Cars ride like the "italian job" ride at paramounts kings dominion. That would be cool to sit in Lightning or The King and ride a roller coaster.

Beauty and Beast would be a really cool dark ride, to go along with snow white and the others

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom