Which disney movie most deserves their own ride?

Vernonpush

The Hunchback of Notre Dame- I miss the show at the Studios
Sleeping Beauty- I (barely) remember the walk through exhibit at Disneyland.
The Sword in the Stone- I know they have the sword ceremony, but a ride would be great, too.

relloron

Nightmare Before Christmas definitly deserves a ride. Or something like Spirderman. 3-D effects would make it perfect.

Narnia might work. Not sure what they could do with it, but it could be interesting.

I say no Cars stuff yet. It could be a flop...

And as someone else said a Sleeping Beauty ride would be interesting. A dragon animatronic would be awsome. Besides just the one in Fantasmic...I think that one could be better.

Lilo and Stitch too. SGE isn't very good, so I think it needs something else. As he is a favorite character.

Dragonrider1227

Hmm, Nightmare Before Christmas would make an awesome ride.
Treasure Planet and Atlantis are underated and deserve rides as well. In fact, i'd like to see the 20k ride rethemed to Atlantis rather than Nemo.
Now, where would you put Treasure Planet? It's got a feel that would work in Tomorrowland AND Adventureland.
Though it's not a movie, I think there should be a House of Mouse somewhere in Disney World as well.

tirian

There are more films that deserve attractions than room enough to build them, so I'll try to come up with a short list... :rolleyes:

1. Nightmare before Christmas dark ride
2. Mary Poppins
3. Sleeping Beauty (all I want is a dragon AA, sort of like the yeti...is that too much to ask? :D )
4. The Black Cauldron: I saw it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and was impressed with everything except the obvious film edits. No wonder the film was popular in countries that take animation seriously! TDL already has a walk-through based on it.
5. Monsters, Inc. door vault hanging roller coaster. No Pixar fan will ever be satisfied until one of these exists, most likely at the Studios.
6. Pinocchio
7. Fantasia boat ride: make it similar to the Jungle Cruise, but at AK.
8. James Bond at the Studios.
9. Either a better Narnia attraction, or none at all. The current show is little more than an extended trailer.

EDIT: Yes, I know that Bond isn't Disney.

Kadee

tirian said:
There are more films that deserve attractions than room enough to build them, so I'll try to come up with a short list... :rolleyes:

You are right; there are too many movies that would make really good rides. I know I will probably get really attacked for suggesting something like this, but here it goes:

Somethink like a ride with "Spiderman-technology" but a "Classic Movie Ride-through" or one more current with movies like Monster's, Inc, or Cars where you go from movie to movie in VR type fashion. I know you are thinking The Great Movie Ride, but something a little more fun or juvenile, if you will, based on the cartoons with 3D effect. Could you imagine being IN some of those cartoons? I think it would be a lot of fun for all ages.

nicolita3

1. Kingdom Hearts (i know its not a movie but i think it would be cool)
2. Dumbo, one that you actually go through a circus and when he is drunk and stuff, keep the classic one still.
3. Beauty and the Beast
4.Nightmare Before Christmas

Dagger

ROFL@ Cool Runnings

Was that really Disney? Wish you hadn't reminded me. :rolleyes:

Sleeping Beauty is my fav. Disney movie so I have to vote for it. Also love Mary Poppins and I notice there are some classics missing some lovin'. I think more Roger Rabbit adult infusion in MGM Studios couldn't hurt.

Braves323

I think adapting the Indy cars to the new Cars movie is a great idea. Right now it is not really themed and doesn't really fit with the other rides in the Magic Kingdom.
I would also like to see something done with Mary Poppins but the movie is so old that I cant see it happening now.

TinkerBelle8878

1. An Indiana Jones ride like DL's in the Studios

2. Mary Poppins ride (jump throught the chalk drawings or something)

3. I agree with James Bond in the studios. If nothing else in the Great Movie Ride. (If they can put Johnny Depp in PotC then Pierce Brosnan should go in the GMR :p)

4. Beauty and the Beast the ride - Now that mansion/castle would be cool to ride through

5. Aladdin- something more than a Dumbo clone for Carpet

GenerationX

Turn the Indy Speedway into the Piston Cup from Cars and have Fantasyland annex the attraction from Tomorrowland.

Edit: I see this is already being discussed in the Radiator Springs thread.

awallaceunc

If we're talking actual rides, the following are begging to have their own (or maybe I'm begging for them):

Sleeping Beauty
Mary Poppins
Bedknobs & Broomsticks
Pete's Dragon
The Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
The Little Mermaid
Aladdin
Treasure Planet
The Incredibles
Narnia
Pirates of the Caribbean (well, someone had to)

-Aaron

Scooter

I think a Narnia ride thru attraction would be awesome.
The Narnia exhibit they have now is a good start, but they need an ominmover, some cold wind effects, and lots of audio-animatronic figures like Goat Boy and a big, mean looking, scary talking lion.

Disneian

National Treasure

I would love a national treasure ride - where you might have to solve clues to go on to the next scene or somewhere that you could learn about history and then have to use what you learned to advance on to the next area.

allonblack

CommandoDisney said:
cool runnings... i dont care what theyd do, id just want a ride. they could even use the old bobsled roller coasters, itd be perfect! they could put it in MGM? i dont care, id buy out the entire gift shop

Haha that is the sickest idea I have ever heard.!! Id also buy everything in that gift shop.

Dagger

Ah, yea, the actual Indiana Jones ride. Sadly, that is one of the major things that will pull me to go to CA at some point in my life, and that is probably part of the reason we'll never get it...if they give us DL's good stuff, maybe less people would make the trek, and vica-versa!

TinkerBelle8878

Not an exact replica of DL's Indiana Jones ride but something similar rather than another coaster (not a coaster fan :)) so as Dagger said not to stop people from going there. A different 'case' and location but same ride type if that makes sense. Maybe he can search for the Fountain of Youth since its Florida :D

Dagger- DL's ride is VERY cool. I was lucky enough to go on an unexpected trip to LA and made the trip up to DL and it was well worth it. Being a total WDW fan since birth, it was interesting to see the different ride versions of PotC, Small World and unfortunately HM was down for renov's for Nightmare before Christmas so I had no comparison for that. But I went on Indy 3 times in a row (yay no real lines!) and it still remains one of my favorite rides right up there with Horizons and World of Motion. And while I was never that fond of WDW's Pirates, I ADORED DL's version.

BrittanyRose428

awallaceunc said:
If we're talking actual rides, the following are begging to have their own (or maybe I'm begging for them):

Sleeping Beauty
Mary Poppins
Bedknobs & Broomsticks
Pete's Dragon
The Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
The Little Mermaid
Aladdin
Treasure Planet
The Incredibles
Narnia
Pirates of the Caribbean (well, someone had to)

-Aaron
somebody likes the little mermaid :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom