Which deluxe resort?

captainkidd

We have it narrowed down to the following 5 resorts for next summer. I booked Grand Floridian, but I'm not 100% sure about it. Never stayed at any of the following. We just stayed at the Polynesian. We loved being on the monorail having 2 toddlers. We want to stay someplace different. I'm really torn. I like the look of the rooms at Boardwalk. I like the exterior of the Yacht Club. I like the interior of the Beach Club. I like the idea of impeccable service at the Grand Floridan as well as being 1 monorail stop from the Magic Kingdom. My wife is curious to stay at the Contemporary, though it doesn't appeal to me at all.

Help!!!

surfsupdon

With kids that young I'd stay on the monorail line. Then grab some food resevations at some of the deluxe resorts so at least you can be there to stroll around.

Upvote 0

MattyFresh

If it wasn't for the young ones, I would say, pick two or three of them and stay a couple of days at each one.

I personally would love to stay at the contemporary, not sure why, but ever since that first monorail ride through the middle of it, I have wanted to stay there.

Upvote 0

SchultzFamily

The only one we've stayed at (besides the Poly like you already have done) is the Contemporary. We have never had a desire to stay at the GF--just too fancy for our taste. I would suggest the Contemporary if you want to be on the monorail line. It is our least favorite of the Poly and Contemporary, but you can't beat the convenience.

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

If your young kids will want to go to MK daily (like mine do :hammer:), stay on the monorail.

We stayed at the Contemporary in May. I found it to be very kid un-friendly. It seemed much more geared towards adults and convention go-ers.

So, if cost is no object, keep your reservation at the GF. My 5 year old asked me if we can stay there next trip. I said, "Sure, are you paying?" :lol:

Upvote 0

Fantasmic

I will probably never get to stay in a Deluxe resort, but I would LOVE to stay in the Grand Floridian. It's also the closet to the MK in terms of Monorails! (going at least!)

Upvote 0

wolf359

I've stayed at the Contemporary, and really loved it. Being so close to the Magic Kingdom was great, and while the subtle theming doesn't always "do it" for everyone, my wife and I both thought it still felt plenty "Disney" to us. The new rooms seem especially nice and I'd really like another chance to stay there myself to try them out.

My Aunt and Uncle swear by the Grand Floridan, but it feels WAY too fancy to me. I always feel like a kid in a museum afraid to touch anything for fear of being scolded.

The biggest downside (which I think you already know) is that the bus service at the MK deluxe resorts is pretty sad. Unless you're going to the MK or EPCOT you spend half your day waiting for a bus...

I've also stayed at the Swan, and while the hotel itself didn't knock me out, the location did. I really liked being able to walk or boat to EPCOT and the Studios, as well as all of the other resorts in that area, and because of the central location buses to the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom seemed pretty quick. So I'd recommend either the Boardwalk or the Beach Club, as both are in a great location and seem like very fun resorts.

Upvote 0

coltow

I have no desire to stay at GF. BW would be nice, but not sure with the kids. I wasn't a fan of YC, so that leaves CR. Honestly I would pick Wilderness Lodge, it's just a quick boat ride to MK, it's a bit quieter and the kids love it.

Upvote 0

66Stella

We are thinking of booking WL for next year and have a question; is it worth the extra money to book the villas or are the rooms sufficient? I know it's a matter of opinion...but while I like more space, I am having trouble justifying the extra money. Any opinions would be welcome. Oh, and woods view, standard view or courtyard view if staying in the regular rooms?

Upvote 0

Edisto Pluto

Beach Club is our favorite. The pool is the best. The location is in walking distance to EPCOT and DHS. The rooms are beautiful. The lobby is cozy with an atrium on the side that is a quiet enclave for those of us that like to read.. The restaurants are wonderful. Art the Greeter is such a pleasure.

Upvote 0

Joepic

You must go for the Contemporary. With the recent refurb - all the rooms were redesigned. As well as the 1st, 2nd and 4th floors. I stayed there last week - it's an incredible place to be. The Contemporary holds one of the best, if not THE best rooms on Disney property.

Upvote 0

Joepic

Beach Club is our favorite. The pool is the best. The location is in walking distance to EPCOT and DHS. The rooms are beautiful. The lobby is cozy with an atrium on the side that is a quiet enclave for those of us that like to read.. The restaurants are wonderful. Art the Greeter is such a pleasure.

I was there last week - I went two times to see Art and he was not there! I was so disappointed.

Upvote 0

olean

I haved stayed at both the Yacht and Beach Club and prefer the Yacht Club out of the two. The Yacht Club is nice, quiet, and all the rooms have full balconies. Just beware that its a big convention resort so you may see alot of business people if you stay during a convention. Stormalong Bay is also one of the best pools at WDW.

Upvote 0
We've only stayed at the Poly, Contemporary, and GF. With little kids, the Contemporary seems more suited. It's my favorite. Since they tore down the one wing, you won't be that far from the main atrium (if not staying there anyway). The GF is very large like the Poly to me and you can get lost trying to find your way back to the main house if you are directionally challenged. I was disappointed in the quick food service at GF last October. Not many selections and hardly any seating next to the arcade. I did like the Contemporary food selections, but haven't stayed there since they opened the Grab N Go and got rid of the old area. I love to walk to the MK with my son. And it's great to see the fireworks at MK at night from the observation deck in the atrium. You'll have a great vacation either way.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom