Which attraction would you want to be barefoot on least?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Weird question? Sure. But what else are you doing right now?

Obviously, under normal circumstances, you wouldn't want to be barefoot ANYwhere on WDW property. Especially the theme parks. What would be the ONE (you have to choose one! Make it a challenge!) attraction that you couldn't POSSIBLY be barefoot on for ANY reason whatsoever? (Including walking through the queue line!)

On the flip side, which attraction would you most feel comfortable being barefoot on?

------------------------

I would say my least comfortable barefoot attraction, being a germaphobic person, would have to be Splash Mountain. The slimey water in the seat, to the insanely long queue, to the insanely long ride time, would be the dealbreaker for me. Simply due to how LONG I have to be barefoot on the wet attraction.

I would feel most comfortable being barefoot on Hall of Presidents. I know the carpet is probably nasty but it'll be okay if I just reeeally don't think about it.

Schneewittchen

Let me tell you about the horrors I've found in the bottom of my doom buggies.... No barefoot HM for me. Like an open sewer.

Speaking of sewers, once my newly potty trained son soiled himself and the floors of the Liberty Belle, 20 minutes was too long of a wait for his little bladder. I imagine this happens in every queue or ride several times a day. The tears, the drama. He remembers it too, which is freaky cuz he was so little.

Cmdr_Crimson

tenor.gif

NelleBelle

If I'm wearing slip on sandals, I always leave them on the floor on Soarin' because I can't feel my feet (diabetic neuropathy) and am afraid they'll fall off my feet! 😉 I've also slipped my shoes off on Kali and just held my feet up on my seat. But NO WAY am I taking my shoes off on any other ride, attraction!! Splash was my #1 thought. But no way am removing my shoes in any queue--an sadly, I've seen some nasty people going barefoot in queues 🤢

Kate F

Aside from the aforementioned Splash, Pirates is probably super disgusting also, and although it’s not technically a ride, I’m gonna give a shout out to the monorail. Could you imagine?

As for most comfortable, I’m pretty sure I’ve done Soarin’ barefoot a few times so I’d say that.

Club Cooloholic

Let me tell you about the horrors I've found in the bottom of my doom buggies.... No barefoot HM for me. Like an open sewer.

Speaking of sewers, once my newly potty trained son soiled himself and the floors of the Liberty Belle, 20 minutes was too long of a wait for his little bladder. I imagine this happens in every queue or ride several times a day. The tears, the drama. He remembers it too, which is freaky cuz he was so little.
Agree with you on Haunted Mansion.
As for poo on the floor I once saw this in the waiting area for Crush's Turtle talk. Yuckk

NelleBelle

I e heard of adults not bothering excuse themselves from queues to, er, “relieve” themselves (I’d post an emoji here but I’m worried I’d get my hand slapped for doing it)! 😳

Jon81uk

Anything that could cut me is a bigger risk than wet. Yep stepping in a puddle of child pee wouldn't be nice, but it washes off. If I step on something sharp then I could catch something and potentially get badly injured.
So Splash Mountain shouldn't be too bad, but something where it is dark could be. The biggest risk would be a coaster, if it stops mid-ride then you need to leave via a metal staircase and the risk of cutting your foot is high.

On a serious level, there are coasters in the UK where you cannot board without footwear due to the risks if you have an emergency stop and need to get off.

graphite1326

If I'm wearing slip on sandals, I always leave them on the floor on Soarin' because I can't feel my feet (diabetic neuropathy) and am afraid they'll fall off my feet! 😉 I've also slipped my shoes off on Kali and just held my feet up on my seat. But NO WAY am I taking my shoes off on any other ride, attraction!! Splash was my #1 thought. But no way am removing my shoes in any queue--an sadly, I've seen some nasty people going barefoot in queues 🤢
I remember the first time I rode Soarin, they made the woman next to me remove her flip flops and leave them on the floor. I guess they don't do that anymore.

muddyrivers

Most comfortable being barefoot on would be either Soarin or TTA. Maybe it's that nice breeze you get gliding through Tomorrowland but it is always a good ride to relax your tired feet on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom