Which Attraction Would You Want Free Roam In?

pumpkin7

i worry that seeing how everything works and what it looks like in the hard light of day would ruin the illusion.
saying that, i would love to see the haunted mansion, and disco yeti! there's plenty of pictures about and videos, but you don't really get a really REALLY good look at mr disco himself.

Timekeeper

Original Poster
I must be in the vast minority when I say that I have absolutely no desire to see the inner workings of any of the rides. In fact, I completely avoid shows about such things as well, just as I never watch on-ride footage of any ride before actually riding it. When I go to Disney, I like to see the ride the way it was intended. If I see the backside of things, I will no longer look at the ride the same way.

That's an interesting perspective, and I completely understand your preference.

I will say, though - that for me - sometimes the inverse can be true. By way of an example, a lot of people see a magic trick and immediately want to know how it works. And there are a few people who think that knowing how it works will "ruin" the trick, and so they will avoid learning the secret. But sometimes knowing how tricks work can give someone a heightened perspective and appreciation for the performer, and for the art. If a magician watches a David Copperfield show, he/she will undoubtedly know how all of the illusions work, which in turn allows for an appreciation of the the sheer genius that goes into the overall presentation, moments of misdirection, etc. I suppose the same is true of any art form. A classical painter views a painting differently from the average person, as does the way a photographer views a photograph, a director views a film, etc.

Regardless, kudos to you Pete for having the tremendous amount of will power that it must take to "look away" when something appears on TV or online that reveals the backstage aspects of the Disney shows and attractions.:)

koryadams

I would definitely pick the Magic Kingdom...but I would love to explore the whole castle!!! But if I had to pick an actual ride, it would be either Haunted Mansion or Peter Pan's flight! But the castle would be above anything at WDW!!!

Ilovewishes

Hmmmm... I have alot.

Islands of Adventure:
Spiderman: I'd love to see how it works
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey: I'd love to see how the ride looks with lights on, How the Kuko Arms work, and just see all the details into making the ride what it is.

I've seen Harry Potter with the lights on. It broke down whilst we were on it a few weeks back and I got a good 10mins to have a nosey at what I could see (from my tipped-backwards-and-slightly-to-the-side position - not at all comfy on those benches!:()

The set isn't all that spectacular with the lights on. We stopped opposite the basilisk skeleton. Just above it, the set ends and you can see all of the scaffolding walkways etc. And the Dementors aren't half as scary with the lights on!

Disney_Geek

My first choice would definitely be Haunted Mansion. I'd love to see the ballroom scene's actual ghosts that make up the effect as the dancers are some of my favorite animatronics on site for some reason. I'd also love to wander around the graveyard and see all the details. :)

I'd also absolutely love to see Dinosaur up close with the lights on, especially that Carnotaurus! ^_^ It would be great to see some of the now hidden and out of commission effects and dinosaurs as well.

The Empress Lilly

Presidents to look up close at them and watch their movements
Good choice! I would love to see the presidents up close.

Maybe I need a word with my optician or something, but I can barely see the facial features of the presidents. Wouldn't mind the opportunity to walk around on stage, also to check out their costumes and accessoiries! I like the little displays in the waiting room too.

The Empress Lilly

I'd also absolutely love to see Dinosaur up close with the lights on, especially that Carnotaurus! ^_^ It would be great to see some of the now hidden and out of commission effects and dinosaurs as well.
Be sure to bring some plyers and a hammer and nails! Or whatever equipment it is one needs to repair these things! :)

Disney_Geek

Be sure to bring some plyers and a hammer and nails! Or whatever equipment it is one needs to repair these things! :)

Haha, absolutely! Hmmm... I wonder if I could sneak off the ride during one of the occasional shut downs. >.> If all of us carried some tools each time we rode it... *ponders* :D :p

spectrodanny

Oh Man SO many piossibilities here:

Grizzly Hall. so i could swap the Original Show out for the Vacation or Christmas show
Enchanted Tiki Room so iu can tweak "Lets All Sing Like The Birdies sing (the other cuts i can live with but that song NEEDS the Sing-along part)
Haunted Mansion: HMH anyone??
Small World: see above
Parade warehouse. I don't care WHAT it takes MK NEEDS a NEW Daytime Parade NOW not some 10 year old parade that's had the same floats but multiple name and soundtrack changes. the only float i would keep is the Castle everything else needs to be BRAND NEW. Same goes for Spectro, every year for the last 3 or 4 one or two floats from Disneyland's Christmas parade has been swapped of for new versions. why not do the same with Spectro?
Electrical Water Pageant- needs a new soundtrack. the current one is jyust as old as it's pre-decessor.

rcja

'The American Adventure' at E.P.C.O.T. Center's World Showcase.

'Spaceship Earth' at E.P.C.O.T. Center's Future World.

montyz81

Horizons,
SpaceShip Earth
Original Journy into Imagination.
In the pit at American Adventure

In the middle of the Carousel of Progress
Haunted Mansion, PoTC

Harry Potter ride!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom