Pre-Trip Wherever I go, she goes

A little over a year ago I 3D printed a tiny companion whom I will call lil BES.

In a little over 6 months I plan to take that wonderful child to WDW.

The TR title is a slightly altered quote from The Mandalorian. As a Star Wars fan and new parent I have accumulated a ton of baby Yoda stuff. I would say that baby Yoda is the only character that lil BES recognizes (sorry Mickey).

AF898F57-662D-4342-AE3D-8348AF01CC28.jpeg

Although I am nowhere near as cool as Mando (or Armando as my autocorrect wants to call him) lil BES does share a lot of qualities with baby Yoda including:

Extreme cuteness

12BCB5E5-F9C5-4E35-A0F4-26DA2F2F085E.gif

Love of snacking

5769C03C-DCAD-49B8-B50C-8C6C4887EAE6.gif

Mischievousness

893991E0-8E36-4D69-9664-5FE68FAB6D3B.gif

Lil BES is definitely going to be the wildcard for this trip so I am starting this pre-TR on the early side.

If the first year of parenting taught me one thing it’s to ask for help so I will be soliciting some advice from you all as I add this new chaos factor into my planning.

All of the (tentative) details:

When: early February 2023

Where: AoA family suite

Who: Me, the ever reluctant DH, and last but not least, lil BES:

A1481763-695A-4BC8-B7EF-11D3715A6678.jpeg

(She’s the one on the right)

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Original Poster
Greetings from GA!

Our flight down on Friday a success.

Great Success Win GIF

Thanks for the car seat rec @Nala06 It worked well and was easy to transport.

Lil BES did great on the plane. Seriously the only way you’d know there was a toddler on the plane was her occasional giggles. 🥰

Am I proud of the number of Mickey’s Clubhouse episodes she watched on her seat screen? No. At least she recognizes Mickey now @MickeyCB 😂

E64EC0B7-44E9-4DD8-B3A4-A30B520C4218.jpeg

lil BES has been a little snotty/drool-y this trip but has been in good spirits. 🤞it’s teething and not illness.

We fly out tomorrow (and will wave goodbye to @Tuvalu ) Even if the return flight doesn’t go as well I’m glad the initial one did to give us some confidence.

Last edited:

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Confidential from current post me to previous post me:

4B3A7525-B982-4902-9493-386ED5F9CC2E.gif

The return flight was overall ok but not as smooth as the way there.

Lil BES’s seat screen didn’t work well. The captain’s super loud announcements woke lil BES up from her pre-take off nap. Luckily I was able to entertain her with videos of my dad and videos of dogs.

DH had been complaining of being tired all day but I didn’t think anything of it until he went to bed immediately after putting lil BES to bed once we got home. Then I started to wonder if the pressure in my face and ears was really from the plane or…

Cardi B Meme GIF

Welp. DH and I are COVID positive for sure. It’s too hard to swab lil BES but since she stays within like a three foot radius of me or DH for all waking hours and is now coughing it’s fair to assume she is positive too.

Lil BES is doing the best but overall we’re all doing ok.

We had planned to stay in and relax between family Christmases but now it is mandatory. And my family is rescheduling their Christmas for us. 😕

Loco_driver

Confidential from current post me to previous post me:

View attachment 686901

The return flight was overall ok but not as smooth as the way there.

Lil BES’s seat screen didn’t work well. The captain’s super loud announcements woke lil BES up from her pre-take off nap. Luckily I was able to entertain her with videos of my dad and videos of dogs.

DH had been complaining of being tired all day but I didn’t think anything of it until he went to bed immediately after putting lil BES to bed once we got home. Then I started to wonder if the pressure in my face and ears was really from the plane or…

Cardi B Meme GIF

Welp. DH and I are COVID positive for sure. It’s too hard to swab lil BES but since she stays within like a three foot radius of me or DH for all waking hours and is now coughing it’s fair to assume she is positive too.

Lil BES is doing the best but overall we’re all doing ok.

We had planned to stay in and relax between family Christmases but now it is mandatory. And my family is rescheduling their Christmas for us. 😕
Sorry you guys got sick, but I’m glad everyone is doing ok. I’ve been sick the last few days, but I am Covid and flu negative. I guess it’s just “the crud” as they say in Texas. I’ve been fever free all day today so things may be looking up. Feel better soon!

MickeyCB

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry you guys got sick, but I’m glad everyone is doing ok. I’ve been sick the last few days, but I am Covid and flu negative. I guess it’s just “the crud” as they say in Texas. I’ve been fever free all day today so things may be looking up. Feel better soon!

Ugh. I think we’re at the tail end of this 🤞 hope you’re doing better now too.

Yeah!!!:)

And nay!! :(

Hope you all start to feel better soon.

Doing a lot better. DH is still coughing a lot but overall I think we’re almost back to normal.

I’m very thankful we had mild cases. Especially since Iil BES’s mild case didn’t decrease her energy levels at all.

The upside of this was that I had to (/got to) cancel all my plans for and just got to hang out with lil BES for the remainder of my vacation. That’s the best Christmas gift I could have asked for.

RememberWhen

Beyond late, but excited to hear about your trip! I’m headed on a semi-solo trip end of January with my littlest. She’ll turn 20 months old during the trip! It’ll be just the two of us and I’m super excited. It’s actually going to be her 4th trip in a year (gotta use those APs before they expire!). Sounds like we’ll be there right before you and @annienevells! Too bad we didn’t all overlap and plan a toddler meet-up.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Beyond late, but excited to hear about your trip! I’m headed on a semi-solo trip end of January with my littlest. She’ll turn 20 months old during the trip! It’ll be just the two of us and I’m super excited. It’s actually going to be her 4th trip in a year (gotta use those APs before they expire!). Sounds like we’ll be there right before you and @annienevells! Too bad we didn’t all overlap and plan a toddler meet-up.

Oh that’s a shame we don’t overlap! I’m foreseeing many future trips with just me and lil BES but I don’t know if I’d be ready for that now. 😂 With it being your fourth trip with your little I’m sure you’ll both be fine.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
24 days out! 🎉

16 more days of work! 🎉🎉

Too far out to physically start packing but I’m starting to figure out what we need.

Did lil BES need this hat?

1FCB7115-1FFC-4F20-83B4-3C8E9819E8BD.jpeg

Debatable. But she’s loving it. And she’s rocking it.

One thing she will need is bananas. She likes to eat breakfast right away so I figured that bananas should buy us some getting ready time.

When I saw the cost of bananas in the AoA food court I declared we were packing some. DH thought that was silly until I showed him the price.

84C8AF32-B5C4-490F-A18C-0F9D020D6502.gif

Then he suggested we do a grocery order. 😂

My initial thought was doing a Target delivery via Shipt. Is that a thing? I feel like I haven’t heard Target mentioned much in TRs but perhaps just maybe people are specifying? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yes she definitely needed that hat - how else can she have a themed outfit for AK? (Not to mention the hat is too adorable not to have 😊)

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

I’m trying to be good about not buying too many trip clothes for her but she does have a cute leopard print shirt that will be perfect for AK. It looks fabulous with her hair.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well both sets of grandparents now know about the trip. I was waiting to see how our trip to GA went. And then life just got in the way.

My MIL has used the words “excited” and “worried” equal numbers of times when talking about the trip.🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

My parents are more seasoned WDW travelers and just had a million questions.

My dad reminded me that my first WDW trip was in February. (I think I was about 3 though).

He made me promise that I would take lil BES swimming no matter how cold it is- like he had to do that February. 😂 Of course. 🥰

Today it was a balmy 45 degrees so we went to the zoo. Lil BES had a grand time. She’s really noticing the animals more and did great job being patient. That bodes well for trip.

8FF7E416-2BB1-406C-AD19-8A685836BAE3.jpeg

What doesn’t bode well (for my back) is once she is out of the stroller she’d rather have me carry her than go back in the stroller. 😬 Gotta work on that. Or at least convince her DH also can carry her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom