Wheres the trailer????

darthjohnny

It's pretty much impossible for them to move the film now - there's nowhere for it to go.

I guess so. I don't exactly know the rules about moving release dates, and whether or not you have to stick with it, or how long you have until you can no longer change it. :shrug:

I just find it so weird that Ratatouille will come out in June, yet the trailer is already out. But Pirates, as far as we know, is coming out in May, but still nothing.

They don't even have one of those really teaser trailers, like the one they came out with for Terminator 3 where there were no actual scenes of the movie, but it did reassure you that the movie is coming.

Hopefully, we're going to see it this month.

NemoRocks78

Seized
I guess so. I don't exactly know the rules about moving release dates, and whether or not you have to stick with it, or how long you have until you can no longer change it. :shrug:

I just find it so weird that Ratatouille will come out in June, yet the trailer is already out. But Pirates, as far as we know, is coming out in May, but still nothing.

They don't even have one of those really teaser trailers, like the one they came out with for Terminator 3 where there were no actual scenes of the movie, but it did reassure you that the movie is coming.

Hopefully, we're going to see it this month.
I don't think there are any rules, I've seen movies move just two weeks before.

It's pretty much locked into that date....this summer is full, the fall is full, next summer is already full....it's stuck. I would've liked to have seen them keep it in July which would've made Potter 5 move to November (where it should be) but it's too late for that.

darthjohnny

It's pretty much locked into that date....this summer is full, the fall is full, next summer is already full....it's stuck. I would've liked to have seen them keep it in July which would've made Potter 5 move to November (where it should be) but it's too late for that.

Yeah, I think movies can move whenever.

But what is coming out July 4th Weekend?

And what about in Late June. I think Pirates could move quite safely.

And I agree, I Pirates was being released in July, I think Harry Potter would have been moved. :)

NemoRocks78

Seized
July 4th has Transformers. It could push itself on that spot, but the weekend after is Potter which will really hurt its legs. Late June probably won't happen because of Ratatouille. Memorial Day Weekend is the best spot for it right now --- 2nd weekend is pretty much free (Knocked Up won't do more than $30m) and the third just has Ocean's Thirteen ($35-40m), Surf's Up ($30-35m), and Hostel 2 ($20m or so). The real competition won't hit until the 15th with Fantastic Four 2.

imagineer boy

Yeah, I think Harry Potter should've opened in November too. I don't know why, but I like it better when a Harry Potter movie opens in November. Then it would've also given POTC3 time to open then. Oh well, opening two months prior to the last two opening shouldn't affect the quality of the films too much. Atleast its not like the Matrix sequals which opened a couple of months from each other and the quality of those movies ( especially the SFX ) suffered terribly.

ToTBellHop

The Harry Potter dates are quite rigid. They have to put out the movies this quickly so that the kids are only like 21 when the 7th movie comes out, not 35 as in Epic Movie. Production is already starting on Half Blood Prince for a November 2008 release, and Deathly Hallows now has a summer 2010 release set.

I don't know what the deal is with Pirates. It's frustrating, but honestly, they could wait until a few weeks before the release, then have a media blitz, and the movie will make a billion dollars. Still, Spider-Man and Shrek are similarly successful franchises, and they are already advertizing.

imagineer boy

Now they're saying its to premier with "Wild Hogs." :brick: Just release it already!!! If you can't finish the effects to be shown in the trailer, then just don't show them at all.

Nicole220

Now they're saying its to premier with "Wild Hogs." :brick: Just release it already!!! If you can't finish the effects to be shown in the trailer, then just don't show them at all.
:eek:

:mad: :brick: :cry:

I don't need the effects, just give me a few shots from the movie and I'll be fine.

darthjohnny

I just thought I'd ask:

To anyone who has seen Bridge to Teribithia, would I be correct in saying you didn't see a trailer for Pirates 3? :shrug:

sarahwiggles99

Dont forget that they could also put the trailer with Meet The Robinsons since that comes out on 3/30:shrug:

Rosenrot

No trailer with Ghost Rider, either.

LOADS of other good ones - 300, Resident Evil 3, etc. - but nothing for PotC.

I still recommend a trip to see Ghost Rider though...it was VERY good.

Nicole220

I read online that it'll come out in the begining of March. Of course, that's just a rumor like all the other ones have been.

darthjohnny

I'm glad to hear Ghost Rider was a good movie. :D I can't wait to see it! :D

I think we're going about this trailer thing the wrong way.

Disney will probably release the trailer with Meet the Robinsons, but that doesn't mean it can't be released earlier, right?

Disney could release the trailer around in the next couple weeks, such as online and release it to the news media. Then later, when Meet the Robinsons comes out, they can show it exclusively for that movie and no other movies currently out.

Just a thought. What do you guys think?

I think we're going to hear something about the trailer in the next few weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom