Where to stay?

lovepooh

I can use any advice thats out there.....

We usually come with our kids but this time my hubby and I are coming by ourselves...

I thought first we would stay at the New Orleans hotel but I saw some not so good reviews at trip advisor.

So my question is which is the better location New Orleans or the Cornoado Springs Resort.

Would upgrading to the Disneys Wilderness Lodge or the Animal Kingdom resort.

We are traveling somewhat on a budget but this is our Annivarsary so we kind of what to make it special.

Any advice would be great!:)

NiarrNDisney

I think you and your DH will find the Coronado Springs very romantic, Here is a post I wrote awhile ago.
The Coronado Springs is Beautiful, I feel it has a more "adult" feel to it with the Salon & Spa, the Numerous bars and Restaurants, and now RIX Lounge.
If you are going with friends or your a young couple it is a great place to get away from the "family" side of Disney (IMO) not that the "family" side is a problem its just nice to have a break every once in awhile. With the Salon and Spa (Casa de Belleza) you can get Aesthetic and Massage Treatments together. At the Maya Grill or Rix Cafe you could have a nice romantic dinner. Then go have some drinks and Dancing at Rix Lounge, finish the night with a walk around Lago Dorado (the Lake) and relax under the moon in the Hammocks that surround it. They also have boats which you could rent and take out for a nice day on the Lake, and the pools are all beautiful especially the "quiet" pools that are located in the three sections of the Resort.

BTW The Coronado Springs has a Unnofficial site that is loaded with info and pictures of the Resort, maybe it will help as well here is the address.
coronado_springs.tripod.com
I feel Port Orleans French Quarter to be geared to families more than couples. However I hear Port Orleans Riverside is great for couples and people have said it is very romantic too. So that being said don't count out the Port Orleans completley yet.
My other suggestions if you don't mind paying for a deluxe resort would be the Polynesian. It is beautiful and totally reminds me of Hawaii, they have an Unnofficial web fan page as well you may want to check out here is that address
http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/
Hope this helps!:)

Upvote 0

PoohBear119

My husband and I have stayed at both POR (Riverside) and Coronado Springs. I personally preferred POR. I found Coronado a bit too loud. Riverside was very romantic and we are actually heading back there this June. If you can afford it I say try the WIlderness Lodge, it's supposed to be beautiful.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Coronado Springs is lovely, and I enjoy both Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside. I don't think you'd be disappointed by any of them.

If you can spend a little more this time, I'd go for Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's just stunning. The restaurants on site are amazing, the resort activities are great, and the Savannahs around the hotel are awesome.:)

Upvote 0

Paul G.

We have stayed at POFQ the past 3 years.We've had a great time each year.The grounds are beautiful and a morning walk along the river to riverside is very relaxing. We are going again in late August for 2 weeks and looking forward to another great holiday.Good luck with your choice.

Upvote 0

lindsey206

I recommend AKL! It is the most beautiful resort and the food is wonderful and it's so relaxing to just watch the animals every day and they have lots of interesting educational programs throughout the day as well. You will not be disappointed!

Upvote 0

GooofyforFun

I would see what your likes and taste are. For us we asked the wives what they wanted and they wanted to feel they were in the Caribbean.:cool:

AKL is beautiful, but you need to see how much time in the resort and the parks??

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I can use any advice thats out there.....

We usually come with our kids but this time my hubby and I are coming by ourselves...

I thought first we would stay at the New Orleans hotel but I saw some not so good reviews at trip advisor.

So my question is which is the better location New Orleans or the Cornoado Springs Resort.

Would upgrading to the Disneys Wilderness Lodge or the Animal Kingdom resort.

We are traveling somewhat on a budget but this is our Annivarsary so we kind of what to make it special.

Any advice would be great!:)

I recommend staying at a Deluxe resort if it is just the two of you for you Anniversary. I love the Yacht Club and the Wilderness Lodge! :wave:

Upvote 0

pacochran

Haven't stayed at POFQ or CS but if you can upgrade to AKL and get a Savannah View room. Those are really nice, and it's nice to be able to get up in the morning and have a cup of coffee on the balcony and watch the animals. It does make you feel that your in Africa.

Upvote 0

lovepooh

Original Poster
Thank you for all your advice.

My DH is leaning towards the Port Orleans- French Quarter. I think the CSR sounds more intresting. However its Disney you cant go wrong right?:)

I had heard the rooms on the French Quarter side are kind of old and Drab- would any of you know thats true or not?

Upvote 0

DisneyWall-E

My family stayed at the POFQ this past christmas and we loved it. The rooms were big enough and not drab at all. This might give this oppinion more weight because my family is from New Orleans and they said the absolutly loved the resort.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

My family stayed at the POFQ this past christmas and we loved it. The rooms were big enough and not drab at all. This might give this oppinion more weight because my family is from New Orleans and they said the absolutly loved the resort.

I agree. I would not consider them old and drab at all.:)

Upvote 0

lovepooh

Original Poster
Thank you all for your great advice. This has really helped me out.

We as a family stayed in All Star Movies in Feb 07' and we stayed at the Caribbean Resort in Sept 07'

Likes the moderate much better then the Value basically the buses were a huge turn off. How 1 bus for three resorts. But The CBR was really busy as well. But I heard the POR is small so I think this might be better for getting around.:)

Upvote 0

Doombuggy13

I stayed at POFQ last September and don't be fooled. Yes, it is the smallest resort but they share busses with POR. That is 6 or 7 bus stops on the resort alone. We have stayed at Pop 2X, Coronado Springs once and POFQ once and French Quarter was a nightmare. It was so disorganized and you'd wait forever for a bus! We even ended up taking a cab to the Magic Kingdom to make our breakfast reservations on time. OK, maybe we caught them on a bad week but that experience alone will keep me away from that beautiful resort in the future.
On the other hand Coronado Springs in Dec 07 had fantastic bus service. Better yet, we just got back from a week at Pop Century and the bus service was outstanding. It was a very busy week but waits at the bus stops were almost non-existent. When waiting late at night at park closing, one bust would leave, and another would be right there. It was impressive!

Upvote 0

lovepooh

Original Poster
Thanks for that info! the busses are really important also. If we have to wait forever excpeically with dining reservations that would be something to think about.

I guess now I need to re-evaluate the POFQ.

:shrug:

Upvote 0

DisneyWall-E

When we stayed last christmas the bus for the French Quarter was the first stop and we never went to the Riverside section. Also, when we were comming back from the parks the FQ was the first stop as well. Now I think thats how its supposed to be, or maybe my family was vary lucky 6 days stright.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom