Where to stay?

lovepooh

I can use any advice thats out there.....

We usually come with our kids but this time my hubby and I are coming by ourselves...

I thought first we would stay at the New Orleans hotel but I saw some not so good reviews at trip advisor.

So my question is which is the better location New Orleans or the Cornoado Springs Resort.

Would upgrading to the Disneys Wilderness Lodge or the Animal Kingdom resort.

We are traveling somewhat on a budget but this is our Annivarsary so we kind of what to make it special.

Any advice would be great!:)

I just made a long post for the "which Moderate" thread so I will not post the same thing twice, but if you are trying to decide between Coronado or Riverside then I'd definitely go with Riverside. My husband and I went to Disney for two weeks for our honeymoon earlier this year and spent a week at each resort. Although it meant that half of our honeymoon was over, we were very happy to be switching to Riverside. We both thought the food at Coronado was too expensive, everyone seemed to be there for a convention which made us feel out of place, and we had no control over the room temp which made sleeping very uncomfortable. Can't say we had a single complaint about Riverside. And if you are looking for romance, you can take a carriage ride at Riverside.

Upvote 0

DisKid

We have stayed at Coronad Springs, POFQ, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge. For bus service, AKL and Coronado Springs don't share service with other resorts. At least I don't think CS does, it has been a while since we stayed there so can't remember for sure. POFQ does share with PO-Riverside but POFQ is picked up and dropped off first. We have seen times the last stops at Riverside couldn't get on the bus because it was full. We won't stay there for that reason. Wilderness Lodge does share bus service with at least the Grand Floridian. However the Wilderness lodge does have boat service to the Magic Kingdom which is very enjoyable. As for dining at the resorts, I believe the Pepper Market at Coronado Springs automatically adds gratuity to your bill. The food is good but the best food is at Boma's and Jiko's at AKL and Artists Point at Wilderness lodge. POFQ doesn't really have a signature restaurant but does share the one at Riverside. It does have it's own counterservice restaurant though with very good beignet's (spelling?) at breakfast time. For counter service at AKL and WL, the AKL has much more seating area. The menus are close but I think the WL menu is a little better.
Now for the atmosphere, this is a toss-up between AKL and WL. There is something about sitting out on your balcony and watching the animals. But if you get the courtyard view at WL, it is really nice. You should also be able to look out at the lake which is very calming also. The Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL can get noisy in the evening so that takes away from it's lobby in my opinion. The lobby at AKL is very calming and relaxing. But how many people really take advantage of the lobbys at their resorts anyway?
But if your looking for a romantic getaway between these 4, forget POFQ, and Coronado Springs and go with either AKL or WL. Either one of these 2 will be the best and it really is a toss-up for the better one! We really can't decide which we like better since they both have their unique atmospheres. The biggest plus for the WL is it is closer to the Magic Kingdom.
Good luck choosing!

Upvote 0

lovepooh

Original Poster
Thanks for all the great responses. So much more then I was expecting.
It has really helped me gear where we want to stay.

This is our first Disney trip with out the kids and want to make it as memorable as possible!:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom