Where to Stay Before WDW

LuxeMama

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are doing well in this heat!

We're in SE GA; an hour north of Jacksonville and about 3 hrs+ to WDW according to my GPS. I will be packing bags for my husband and little ones and hiding them in the truck and then picking my daughter up from school. We will leave straight from there-- I don't plan on telling any of them where we are going, just plan on leaving.

I didn't want to spend that evening at WDW that night, because I thought that would be a waste, and made our arrangements for the next day. I also didn't want to drive early that morning; I wanted to stay at a hotel that Thursday evening, and then hop to it Friday morning.

My question is for you that have drove or have possibly done something similar-- where have you stayed off-site prior to going? I realize 3.5 hrs isn't really a long drive, but I want to capitalize on as much time as possible. Plus, I am hoping it will help build anticipation. I'm not looking for anything fancy-- just some where to crash for the night, inexpensively, and close so that we don't have to drive that far to get to Poly Friday morning.

Thanks!

krankenstein

We stayed at The Hampton Inn at Lake Buena Vista and were very satisfied. You are not far at all from the DTD entrance to WDW, maybe 15 min from the Poly.

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

I would say spend the night at Pop. You could spend the day shopping at DTD while using Disney transportation and enjoy the pool there at the resort. This way once your official vacation starts you can spent that time at the parks.

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

Also depending on how famaliar you are with WDW and weather you have been before you can kinda get a idea how things there work...transportation wise and you could watch the in room tv channel and review the park information that is given to you at all the resorts. That way Friday morning you will be ready to go.

Upvote 0

santa's surpriz

I would say spend the night at Pop. You could spend the day shopping at DTD while using Disney transportation and enjoy the pool there at the resort. This way once your official vacation starts you can spent that time at the parks.

I ditto this plan. Chances are with a discount it will be cheaper than many of the offsite hotels. I am debating at staying at Movies for a night before my actual vacation. Just tuned out that plane tix were about $100 cheaper if I left a day earlier..so why not spend it at WDW??? : )

Upvote 0

coltow

I second this plan. I don't think that outside hotels will save you that much of a difference, especially where you're not going to parks any how

Upvote 0

abbeysmom

If you do decide to stay off property for that night, The Country Inn and Suites is pretty nice and they have a free breakfast in the morning. We did that in June before moving over to the AKL on Thursday.

Have a great time!!

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

We are flying in at 12:30 am so we are crashing at ASM. Then when we get up we can get our package on with a new reservation and start fresh in the am. The only other option was to fly in at 3 pm on the next day and then we'd miss a day so this was a better way. Why not do the same thing? I'm not sure when you are planning this but the Values have great deals on just nights, not packages.

Upvote 0

BRER DAD

I thought about staying at POP for the first week then moving over to POR when we check in and get our tickets. My wife and kids love DTD and want to stay close to that. Any other suggestions on where to stay????

Upvote 0

DABIGCHEEZ

I thought about staying at POP for the first week then moving over to POR when we check in and get our tickets. My wife and kids love DTD and want to stay close to that. Any other suggestions on where to stay????

:shrug: I am confused as to what you are asking.... why would you not get your tickets when you check in at POP? SSR is the closest to DTD but CBR is not too far either.

EDIT... I am guessing it is a magic your way package..... now I kind of understand. We don't get packages since we are DVC members and having relax days between the parks is wonderful!!!!

Upvote 0

LuxeMama

Original Poster
I just wanted to say thanks again! I was able to get All Star Music for only 69 bucks! I put a hold on it, only because I wanted Movies and want to see if something opens up (crossing fingers!)

Upvote 0

santa's surpriz

I just wanted to say thanks again! I was able to get All Star Music for only 69 bucks! I put a hold on it, only because I wanted Movies and want to see if something opens up (crossing fingers!)

Good Choice!! My plan keeps drifting: save money and stay at Movies or spurlge for one night at a deluxe! I will probably end up with Movies always wanted to try it, but afraid it might be small for an entire week.

Upvote 0

BRER DAD

It just crossed my mind........I cant stay at POP till I am ready to check in at POR, I have a family of 5. I may try the Hampton Inn then and see how that goes. I really dont want to spend the extra money and get a suite at ASM.

Upvote 0

dhcalva

Last year when I went down we ended up going a few days early and spent them at the Wyndam (sp) Bueana Vista Palace. Had a great time back there by DTD and our room had a view of the fireworks at MK and EPCOT (if you looked off to the side). The room cost us $129/night I think.

We ended up doing all our shopping for gifts while there and got to do things that we never had time to on previous trips, like the character breakfast over at the Poly. My father wants to go back just for the juice they have there, Pineapple-Orange-Guava IIRC.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom