• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Where should the next princess come from???

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
So, just thinking of all the Disney princesses out there and where they come from(country/nationality/ethnicity) , its awesome that there's a good variety of backgrounds where they've come from, but ..where should the next one come from???

Snow White- German
Cinderella- France
Aurora- British? German? (Definitely European)
Ariel- Dutch? (Atlantian-which of course is not a nationality, lol)
Belle- France
Jasmine- Iraqui/Arabian/Middle Eastern
Mulan- China
Pocahontas- Native American
Tiana- African American
Rapunzel- German
Merida- Scotland
.........?????????

ExtinctJenn

I was thrilled when Tiana was added to the mix to give us that "American Princess" factor. Yes I know Pocahontas was Native American but technically she wasn't American... she was there before the whole Smith crew made it "America" after all. :)

I'd love the idea of a Hispanic princess of some sort just because it seems to be a group not yet represented. A princess from Spain could be a wonderful way of doing that. It's a beautiful culture.

MarkTwain

I think it'd be cool if Disney classed it up a bit and turned to opera for some of their stories.

Turandot - story of a wicked Chinese princess who must choose a suitor, but executes every man who approaches her until a suitor teaches her how to love

Aida - story of a Nubian princess who is captured by the ancient Egyptian army, and falls in love with an Egyptian while imprisoned

Lakme - story of a Indian Hindu princess (technically daughter of a high priest) who falls in love with a British colonialist

It'd also be cool if, as Sleeping Beauty managed with the Tchaikovsky ballet, at least some of the music was maintained from their source material. I for one would love to see Turandot's Nessun Dorma or Lakme's Flower Duet on the big screen... but that's just me. :)

Allie_Marie

Italy! I am Italian and would LOVE THAT.
or Canada, or the Carribbean but with that I can see them saying Oh we have Pirates of the Carribbean.......whatever flots Disney's boat :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom