Where should the next princess come from???

Cmdr_Crimson

How About Atlantean...Oh Wait they did have Kida for a breif stint in early 2001...
kida-vinny.jpg

I'd still like to see Elinowy from Black Cauldron...Princess Tiger Lily from Peter Pan, Princess Esmerelda from Hunchback..

I_heart_Tigger

I would like to see a South American (dare I even suggest a Brazilian) princess. The culture is so vivacious and the colours so vibrant not to mention you could have such a good villain since they have really great folkloric tales with creatures similar to Greek and Roman Mythology.

I would also like to see a Russian princess. If you've ever been you know just how vast the difference is between the rich and poor there. I realize the difference is vast in many places but I found it more "in your face" there. It would be a good setting for conflict with an amazing backdrop.

I would like an African tribal princess maybe a story of one of the Rain Queens. It would be similar to a Jasmine story of a reluctant princess with the girl being destined to provide rain for crops or her entire tribe will suffer. Obviously Disney has to spruce up the ending a bit since I believe when they no longer possess the power to control the weather they commit suicide but Disney has tidied up much worse.

As for a Canadian princess...while I would like to think it could happen I'm just not sure. Maybe an Inuk princess, though I suspect most people would assume she was from Alaska, not Canada. Having relatives in Tuktoyuktuk who speak Inuktitut I can tell you they have wonderful tales of their spirit guides from Nanuk (spirit of the polar bears) to Saana who is the female spirit guide to all sea animals. They are truly a culture who respects animals in an amazing way - perfect for those furry sidekicks in a Disney film.

Maybe even a story of the Qualupalik who steals children who wander away from their parents to raise them under the ocean. Typical obey your parents message but what a great villian that would be...maybe too much like Ursula but they look totally different.

Side note: My favourite story of my first visit to Tuktoyuktuk was when my uncle asked if I would like to visit the museum to hear about the history of the village. Well, of course I would! He took me to a small house and inside were 3 old men in chairs...nothing else. They were the museum. You asked them questions or got them to tell you stories and they knew the entire history of every family in the village. :D

HouCuseChickie

Wow- so many to choose from. Brazilian, Italian, Russian, and Spanish come to mind first...but there are so many things they could do. I'm also wondering what kind of fairy tale characters might work that haven't been done if they were to adapt vs. go totally from scratch.

For whatever reason...I keep thinking Goldilocks might be fun to turn into a princess, but I keep thinking Switzerland or Austria for her...not even really sure of her true origins - if any (German?). Of course, those two countries could work well too. While the Swiss Alps are pretty...it was love at first sight with Innsbruck Austria. With regional inspirations from Strauss and Mozart, they might also be able to create a more classical score.

MarkTwain

I'd love the idea of a Hispanic princess of some sort just because it seems to be a group not yet represented.

Especially meso-American/Pre-columbian. There seem to be very few movies that explore that rather large chapter of world history (except for Mel Gibson's Apocalypto... *shiver*). A story about the royalty of Aztec or Maya civilizations would be really fascinating.

Although it's technically Inca and therefore not Meso-American, have you all seen the original artwork for Kingdom of the Sun (the movie that was shut down and replaced with Emperor's New Groove)? Some of the artwork really fires up the imagination. Imagination a Pre-Columbian princess tale that looked something like this:

pict0172.jpg

kingdom166.jpg

mouse_luv

Especially meso-American/Pre-columbian. There seem to be very few movies that explore that rather large chapter of world history (except for Mel Gibson's Apocalypto... *shiver*). A story about the royalty of Aztec or Maya civilizations would be really fascinating.

Although it's technically Inca and therefore not Meso-American, have you all seen the original artwork for Kingdom of the Sun (the movie that was shut down and replaced with Emperor's New Groove)? Some of the artwork really fires up the imagination. Imagination a Pre-Columbian princess tale that looked something like this:

pict0172.jpg

kingdom166.jpg

I really love the idea of a Meso-American Princess. That would be breathtaking with the artwork, etc...

vinnya1726

I think you can't go wrong with any of the ideas on this board. If Disney wanted to move on something quickly, they already have had AIDA on broadway and could turn that into a great movie pretty quickly. I am trying to think of other famous fairy tales that Disney has not touched yet...Golidilocks, little red riding hood, Rumpelstiltskin...I am sure I am missing about 10 others.

Marco226

I would like there to be a movie about a Japanese princess/ warrior/ samurai. Mulan was a great story to tell for China, especially since there really is a legend about her. It'd be interesting to see a Japanese legend come to life Disney-style. :) It could also serve as a way to educate people about the difference between the Chinese and Japanese cultures. Sadly, there are still people in this day and age who don't know the difference between the two. They think that all Asians are the same.

Redsky89

Tenisha from Washington DC I'm calling it. Hometown princess would be sweet. But in all seriousness I'd like whomever the next one is from like Norway or Spain.

Cmdr_Crimson

I recommend the Documentary The Sweatbox showing how this movie was intended to be made before it got changed to Emperor's New Groove..Alot of Rough Animation a neat part is Yzma's Song of Resurrecting the Dead and finding out that Not only David Spade and John Goodman were in it...But also Owen "Kachow" Wilson was as well..

If your interested take a look...Here

alissafalco

I was thrilled when Tiana was added to the mix to give us that "American Princess" factor. Yes I know Pocahontas was Native American but technically she wasn't American... she was there before the whole Smith crew made it "America" after all. :)

I'd love the idea of a Hispanic princess of some sort just because it seems to be a group not yet represented. A princess from Spain could be a wonderful way of doing that. It's a beautiful culture.

Yes, i like the idea of a Hispanic princess also. Spain or Mexico maybe. I also like someone elses idea of an Egyptian princess too.

Dawg4Mickey

With the Russian Princess they could go with Princess Anastasia, which would fit perfectly I think. If not Russian then I also vote for Spain, Ireland, or Italy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom