Where is your Disney secret spot?

Pepper's Ghost

I've always loved the walk from Tron Test Track to the Mexico Pavilion around that weird and mysterious administrative building stuck between. I guess I'm not old enough to know what that ever was, but it's just so strange to mysterious and spooky to walk around an abandoned office building in a Disney park. 🤣 Whatever it was, it's stunning in 25 years they haven't repurposed or demolished it in favor of something more productive. Talk about valuable real estate. I'm sure it's functional, but why have an administrative building out in the open in the park when they can hide it off stage? So weird. In the meantime, which may last the rest of my life, I'll enjoy that strange quiet walk through that area.

Sbk1234

I've always loved the walk from Tron Test Track to the Mexico Pavilion around that weird and mysterious administrative building stuck between. I guess I'm not old enough to know what that ever was, but it's just so strange to mysterious and spooky to walk around an abandoned office building in a Disney park. 🤣 Whatever it was, it's stunning in 25 years they haven't repurposed or demolished it in favor of something more productive. Talk about valuable real estate. I'm sure it's functional, but why have an administrative building out in the open in the park when they can hide it off stage? So weird. In the meantime, which may last the rest of my life, I'll enjoy that strange quiet walk through that area.
That used to be a burger place called The Odyssey.

Pepper's Ghost

That used to be a burger place called The Odyssey.
Well, that's helpful to know for my own sanity. 😁 Thank you! That said, is it really vacant now, or basically the "backlot" building for something else? In checking out the Google map it says "Walt Disney Imagineering Presents". WTH is that???
Imagineering Presents.JPG

sublimesting

Original Poster
Boats. I’m a former Disney World Watercraft employee (boat pilot). If you’re standing in a 45-minute queue in 120 degree/100% humidity weather, in elbow to elbow crowds, with the Mom behind you abusing your Achilles heel with a stroller, my recommendation is to BAG Space Mountain for the 50th time, fight your way to the MK entrance and take a launch to a resort.

Note: BEST experienced on a nice to sweltering day, as the conditions on the boats are noticeably cooler.

I suggest taking a boat to the Wilderness Lodge for adult beverages at the Geyser Point Lounge as a previous post recommended. The trip there is FREE, as are all the boat rides from the MK entrance. The scenery is constantly changing, and minimal crowds, all seated.

i *PERSONALLY* assign myself the task of quality assurance of the various lake-bound resort bars, and can provide references upon request. Not really.

If you can time it right (ask your pilot for recommendations), viewing the Electrical Water Pageant &/or the fireworks takes on an entirely different dimension. MUCH better when viewed from the water!
I've done that before and was treated to the 'Singing Boat Captain' belting out "Brandy". :)

castlecake2.0

Well, that's helpful to know for my own sanity. 😁 Thank you! That said, is it really vacant now, or basically the "backlot" building for something else? In checking out the Google map it says "Walt Disney Imagineering Presents". WTH is that???
View attachment 617882
It’s a small theatre attraction showing updates coming to Epcot. There is also a seating area and a QSR snack location. The backside is the cast member cafeteria and custodial dispatch. This also houses baby care and first aid for guests.

Pepper's Ghost

It’s a small theatre attraction showing updates coming to Epcot. There is also a seating area and a QSR snack location. The backside is the cast member cafeteria and custodial dispatch. This also houses baby care and first aid for guests.
Thanks! Appreciate the information very much.

Back on topic, 😁 I always find that walk betwixt Tron TT and Mexico to be very quiet and calming. Not a secret place, but a nice quiet one.

Texas84

Katsura Grill. It's not hidden but not many know about it. I like to get a kakigori and relax here on the ledge. Nice setting and relatively peaceful. Someone saw me there once and asked if we allowed to sit here.
kg.jpg

Texas84

This is somewhere in AK, near Africa I think. Don't remember. But it's a somewhat hidden and quiet seating area that doesn't seem to be attached to anything.
WP_20160108_13_57_38_Rich_LI.jpgWP_20160108_13_57_45_Rich_LI.jpg

Sbk1234

When resort pools were open 24/7 back in the day, sitting in the 20 person hot tub at Coronado Springs main pool area by myself.
Not really a secret spot, but way back in the early 90s, I took a solo trip to WDW. My first morning I was so excited I couldn't sleep, and got out of the room around 4:00 or so in the morning. I wandered around the grounds at what used to be called Dixie Landings, where I was staying. I had a nice conversation with the guy cleaning the pool for the day. It was still pitch dark outside. It turned out to be such a wonderful time. You could tell the whole resort was asleep, but so much anticipated excitement of what would happen later that day.

MickeyLuv'r

I can't tell if you're joking, or completely serious. No issues with either way, but not sure if I should "LOL", or respond seriously. 🤣

That said:
  1. If joking... LOL 🤣
  2. If seriously, there is no place... NO PLACE... in the Disney parks that is truly "secret". There may be some that are less visited for various reasons, most likely in hotels and such, but nothing said here will change that substantially. This thread will get a few thousand views before it gets pushed to deeper pages and lost to the ages (until someone bumps it in 12 years). Let's do the math, and use 3,650 total views for argument and simplicity sake. Assume each of those is a distinct and separate view from a new person (which we know factually they aren't). If every person who views the thread visits WDW on average once per year, averaged over the span over the year, that's 10 more potential visits per day to those secret spots. We know not everyone who reads it will visit each and every spot listed though, but for argument's sake. Let's average that over a 12 hour day, so that's roughly 0.83333 new visits per hour, per day, etc.
Now, I made a bunch of assumptions. I know several of my assumptions should be on a bell curve, and not averaged out, but just making the point. Even on a bell curve you're talking an increase of 3 more visits max during peak hours, peak days, best secret spots, etc, etc. 😁

OR, everything I just stated is just horse-pucky. Just pointing out that there still won't be a huge increase in visits to these secret spots due to this thread. Btw, this thread has been done before, I'm sure several times.
To #2, while I sorta agree, I also sorta disagree. There are plenty of quiet spots around WDW, but I'm not sure I want to list them myself.

Though yeah, even if I list them...I'm not there every day by any means. If everyone reading this thread went there. I might maybe cross paths with ONE other forum member, by my random guesstimation.

On the other hand, a popular blogger highlighting a quiet spot could have an impact. Like the upstairs of CHH or the AK bar someone showed....

Roughly though, the resorts offer a number of quiet spots.

Another tip/idea is to eat at off-hours.

A really great time for a little quiet space is early in the morning, like 6:45am or very late at night. If I happen to wake up at an odd hour, I enjoy taking a moment to look out at the empty pool/walkways.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom