Where is Walt's plane? UPDATE - Coming to D23 2022

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The poster that discussed the update and move of the plane to D23 implied that they had been working on it for at least 6 months. This should be enough time for a plane that size to do cosmetic updates inside and out. I bet the inside will look good too.

This is consistent with the aerial pictures posted in October showing the plane unwrapped.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The poster that discussed the update and move of the plane to D23 implied that they had been working on it for at least 6 months. This should be enough time for a plane that size to do cosmetic updates inside and out. I bet the inside will look good too.
Trust me -- they're not going to reno the interior sitting out in the Florida sun like that. The inside of that plane will hit 150 degrees, easily.

tanc

They're going to announce that Bob Chapek is now making it his plane, and for $1,000,000 (no parachute included) you can ride in the plane with Chapek as your pilot.

Goofyernmost

They moved the plane from DHS and nobody noticed.
@bioreconstruct

Aerial photo of the plane Walt Disney flew in to survey land bought to build Walt Disney World. As seen today. In storage North of Animal Kingdom.
11:33 AM · Jan 30, 2022·Twitter Web App

And it's still there right where they put it in the dead of night. The chances are good that a whole lot of people saw them move it. We knew where it was and when it was moved very shortly after they moved it. It didn't get to this spot right away, it was put someplace (hanger) to remove the DHS wrap putting it back to the original colors.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The fence is new...

1643676946390.png

They're trying really hard to keep that plane from escaping!

montyz81

Original Poster
@bioreconstruct

Aerial photo of the plane Walt Disney flew in to survey land bought to build Walt Disney World. As seen today. In storage North of Animal Kingdom.
11:33 AM · Jan 30, 2022·Twitter Web App

And it's still there right where they put it in the dead of night. The chances are good that a whole lot of people saw them move it. We knew where it was and when it was moved very shortly after they moved it. It didn't get to this spot right away, it was put someplace (hanger) to remove the DHS wrap putting it back to the original colors.
It took quite some time before someone found the plane in that spiot. My point was nobody outside TDO ever saw the actual move of the plane from DHS to that spot 4 years ago (or however long ago that was).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It took quite some time before someone found the plane in that spiot. My point was nobody outside TDO ever saw the actual move of the plane from DHS to that spot 4 years ago (or however long ago that was).
The plane isn't there on the March 2016 satellite.

The plane is there on the April 2017 satellite.

Now, on the March '16 satellite, the plane is in DHS, but on the April '17 image, it's not! Coincidence?!?!?

Goofyernmost

Walt had more than one plane, why does every one think that is the one they are thinking of using. I thought I read someplace that the one that was in DHS was used by Walt, but not to find the spot but for subsequent trips to the area and the New York Worlds Fair.

Goofyernmost

FL Turnpike to I-10 West all the way to CA. Look for “Wide Load” and safety vehicles front and back of load driving the speed limit and taking up 2 driving lanes at the very least.
Likely would be two trucks, one with body of the plane and another carrying the wings. just look for a plane fuselage shaped tarp heading west and that should be it. I hope they do find a use for it other than holding down the dirt. It is nothing but an empty shell and I'm sure the still working engines were sold for a tidy sum before it ever was placed in DHS.

Last edited:

Castle Cake Apologist

Walt had more than one plane, why does every one think that is the one they are thinking of using. I thought I read someplace that the one that was in DHS was used by Walt, but not to find the spot but for subsequent trips to the area and the New York Worlds Fair.

Probably because the announcement literally says it will be this plane?

Raxel7851

There was a rather long landing strip across the boat canal near the Contemporary. Years ago you could see quite a few corporate type jets parked there. It paralleled the monorail and ended by the road to FW. It’s long gone now and seems to be used for construction storage. I also believe it may have been a bus driver training area at one time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom