"Where is the Magic?"

DisneyMusician2

Every time someone talks about the maigcal experience, I get Disney-sick. I can't wait to go back! My most "magical experience" was during my last trip in April 2006 was going on BTMR at night....the EMH was incredible at MK. My fiancee and I were in the park until 2:30 in the morning. Sometimes it felt like me had the park all to ourselves. To anyone who hasn't tried it, I highly recommend it!

cmatt

as someone said magic is what you perceive it - i dont see disney as magical at all - i see it as pure escapism from the daily grind of paper shuffling.... once your inside the boundary - everything you have in your life at that time you can let it go for a week. When i went it was the fact that i had no job to come back to - but for me my financial status was null in void once i landed in florida.

What is magical about it is your own experience and your emotions - its not by any lengths an entity disney corp can replicate...

slappy magoo

I have a niece, sad to say she's a little bit chemically imbalanced, half by birth and half by choice. She gets very upset that her life isn't as sweet as Paris Hilton's or the girls of My Super Sweet 16 or whatever it's called. Shocked & surprised that her mom couldn't swing a 6-figure bday party complete with a Porsche with a bow on it and Gwen Stefani as that evening's entertaiment. She didn't see what was so special about being around people who love her, unconditionally.

I bring this up because I think some people have similar expectations on their wdw trip. Like all the special things that happened to Figment (post flight and bus delay) shoud naturally happen to them, too. It ain't magic unless THEY get to pull the rabbit out of the hat. It's not WDW magic unless everything goes perfectly, they get unlimited face time with characters and everyone knows their name.

Of course, the people described in the OP could have just had an awful day where lines were too long, rides broke down, they only ate fast food, never saw Mickey (and didn't know about his queue in Toontown, plenty of people still think you'll only see Mickey wandering) and were surrouned by people equally cranky. a WDW vacation is not cheap, & some people have trouble letting go of that kinda scratch for any reason. Buyers' remorse always stinks, it's even worse when the purchase is an intangible sense of magic.

Slightly off-topic, but last year, after I popped the question at Rose & Crown, we went to Comedy Warehouse. Got the chair near the phone, which we had to answer, so they made up a song about how we met, and our proposal. Nice. Fun. Magical. THEN, we went to AC. They must've had people watching us, and feeding info to the AC cast. They knew who he were, our story, got everyone to applaud our engagement. Nice? Fun? Magical? *I* thought so, but it creeped my better half out a little. She's shy, and the attention from the CW crowd was more than she was used to. Having anyone else know stuff about us without hearing it from us just made her very uncomfortable. An example of Disney Magic gone awry. If only they had given us Figment's upgraded suite & 500 free Disney Dollars, we would've been happy, dag nabit!

:lol:
j/k, after my DW's initial apprehension, she could appreciate the effort they made to do something special for us. She probably would've just appreciated it more had it happened to someone else & we were only witnesses to the magic

magicmom

I totally know those people. I have very good friends that their families go to Disney and NEVER have a magical time! They always come home complaining about a chip of paint missing from a railing and tell us what a disgrace that the park is looking soo old now or how they had a party of 10 and the CM had the nerve to separate them at the Pooh Dinner at the Crystal Palace (give me a break). But every year they go back and wait for someone else to give them the magic instead of just letting it happen.

People will always find something wrong if that is all they are looking for.:brick:

DisneyMusician2

Some people are just malcontents! If Disney has a chip of paint off a railing, then most other parks would have the entire railing suddenly missing and then falling and hitting you in the head as you were tumbling down the stairs. It is tough to beat Disney for cleanliness, serivce, and complete entertainment all in one spot. People should try to keep that in mind!

Buried20KLeague

Why would Jingle Bells be copyrighted? Isn't it a traditional/public domain?

How can it be in countless movies and T.V. if it is copyrighted? Are you saying the all would have to pay to use the song?

I doubt this. I have heard Disney play Jingle Bells in the parks, resorts, and Downtown Disney. It is a classic Christmas song:xmas: .

Yep, that's the case. It's a "traditional" holiday song. No rights needed.

I'm sure Disney pays a yearly fee for the use of pretty much any song they wish anyway. Most of what they use is their own stuff, but I'm sure they do. About 12 years ago when I was more in that line of work, Dollywood for example paid around $25,000 per year, and they were able to play whatever they wanted. I'm sure it's the same for Disney.

And I'd like to see the lawyer that would go after copyright infringement for the train and paddlewheel boat sounding their horns at each other anyway. :lol: :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom