Where is our Dragon?!?

_Scar

Yea...Maleficent is basically the devil. Why replace her?

Is she? I always thought she was a fairy, the bad fairy. Hence, the 3 good fairies vs the bad fairy.... :shrug: but I bet I'm wrong.

But...Malificent is the "Mistress of all Evil". Ursy is just a pi ssed off octopus.

There both ed lol

Ursula is just more calm and cool about it- Maleficent just laughs and screams. ;)

BAU is way more menacing IMHO.

Upgraded Fantasmic! with new dragon

Upgraded Electrical Parade with new floats and lighting and soundtrack

Brand new Magical Fireworks show with flying Tinkerbell and flying Dumbo

Coca-Cola Dance Party at Tomorrowland Terrace nightly

Light and music show added to Pixie Hollow lagoon

Upgraded MSEP
Fairly new fireworks
Plussed DAK hours
Tower of Terror Effects

and possible Illuminations tag

IMO, those are 4 legit reasons to visit each park.

SirGoofy

Is she? I always thought she was a fairy, the bad fairy. Hence, the 3 good fairies vs the bad fairy.... :shrug: but I bet I'm wrong.

Yea, she is technically an evil fairy, but there's lines in the movie that make her seem like the devil.

"Now shall you deal with me, O Prince, and all the powers of Hell!"

_Scar

Yea, she is technically an evil fairy, but there's lines in the movie that make her seem like the devil.

True.

I bet it will be even more explained in Maleficent's movie :sohappy:

EPCOT Explorer

Ursula is just more calm and cool about it- Maleficent just laughs and screams. ;)

BAU is way more menacing IMHO.

We've never seen BAU...:shrug:

That, and her whole artistic design is based off of Hell and the Devil. Horns. Cloak. Flames. :D She's cool. :lol:

Maleficent is a fictional character and the main antagonist in Walt Disney's 1959 adaptation of Sleeping Beauty. Maleficent is the self-proclaimed "Mistress of All Evil" who curses the infant Princess Aurora to "prick her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel and die" before the sun sets on her sixteenth birthday after not being invited to the baby's christening. She is viewed as the most powerful and sinister of the Disney Villains, frequently acting as their leader in many crossovers, and her scenes in the climax of the film are among the darkest and most intense produced by Disney.[1] Maleficent is Disney's adaptation of the wicked fairy godmother from the original fairy tale.
The character was animated by Marc Davis. The wicked fairy godmother was aptly named "Maleficent" (which means "Evil-doer"). In determining Maleficent's design, standard depictions of witches and hags were dismissed as Davis opted for a more elegant look centered around the appearance of flames, ultimately crowning the villain with "the horns of the devil." In the event the individual character of the three good fairies and the elegant villain proved to be among the film's strongest points.
She was voiced by Eleanor Audley, who had previously performed Lady Tremaine, the wicked stepmother in Cinderella. Audley also provided some live-action recording for both of these characters, to inspire the animators. Dancer Jane Fowler also performed some live-action reference for Maleficent.[2] Animators Ollie Johnston and Frank Thomas, in their book The Disney Villain, describe animating Audley's voice as "a difficult assignment but a thrilling one, working to that voice track with so much innuendo mixed in with the fierce power".[3]
Maleficent appears in the form of a tall, slender, pale green skinned woman. She also has yellow eyes and a horned headdress, which is symbolic of her dark magic. She is clad in a black and purple robe with bat wing-like edges, and wears a gold ring with a large mysterious circular black stone in it. Maleficent is an evil fairy, unlike the other three fairy godmothers in the movie, and her evil enables her to perform many magical and powerful spells. She carries a staff with a glowing green orb at the tip through which she casts her spells, which include an ability to teleport herself, or send bolts of lightning at enemies. She is also capable of shape shifting at will into numerous forms, including a floating hypnotic light resembling a will-o'-the-wisp and a massive, monstrous black and purple dragon. She is not at all comical or goofy like with some of the other Disney villains, although she does at times display something of a dark sense of humour. Her minions are a legion of goblins and troll-like creatures.[2] She is also frequently accompanied by her pet raven, called Diablo.
Sound effects man Jim Macdonald searched for the sound of a dragon's fiery breath by asking the U.S. Army to send him some training films on flame throwing. These films provided just the right sound for him.[2]

250px-Maleficent.jpg

AEfx

OR we could do it my way and replace Maleficent with Ursula with the finale being defeating BAU complete with the trident and menacing voice.

Now *that* is an idea!

And a way to further differentiate the two Fantasmic! shows as well.

EPCOT Explorer

I really hope that doesn't happen.

Agreed, and a great villain for Fantasmic and Kingdom Hearts.

Villains Village would have really been something awesome...:brick:

No idea how I feel about the movie. If could be awesome, but I don't want all of that backstory revealed. I like mystery.

And yes, we need to see her Castle Built...:eek:

EPCOT Explorer

I don't know...I hate the way Depp looks. I'm afraid it'll annoy me through the entire thing.

Not that I'm going to see it in theaters, I'm gonna see Shutter Island.:D

I could care less how he looks. He acts amazingly. :lol:

Friend Who Is A Girl wants to see Shutter Island. I reeeeeally don't. She does not need to find that out. :lol:

If anything, I'll just crack jokes through the movie and p iss everyone off as I jump out of my skin. :lookaroun

SirGoofy

I could care less how he looks. He acts amazingly. :lol:

Friend Who Is A Girl wants to see Shutter Island. I reeeeeally don't. She does not need to find that out. :lol:

If anything, I'll just crack jokes through the movie and p iss everyone off as I jump out of my skin. :lookaroun

It's a Scorsese movie! It's gonna be awesome...weenie.:p

EPCOT Explorer

It's a Scorsese movie! It's gonna be awesome...weenie.:p

It's gonna have me clawing the armrest. :lol: I can handle "scary", it's the sudden jumps that freak me out. :lol:

Then again, everyone said that about other "jumpy" movies, and I was cracking up all through them. :lol: I think the trailer makes it out to be much worse.

GizmoDuck

When I first read the thread title, I thought it'd be about DAK and BK...I want to know where that dragon is!

Its far over due :cry:

No matter who I ask down here, i can never get anything more solid then, "Mickey's still working on it" :lol:

...Which is actually more positive then, "Yeah BK would have been cool, too bad its not happening kid"

_Scar

I really hope that doesn't happen.

Why not? :eek:

We've never seen BAU...:shrug:

That, and her whole artistic design is based off of Hell and the Devil. Horns. Cloak. Flames. :D She's cool. :lol:

250px-Maleficent.jpg

We haven't seen BAU? Huh? Yes we have.

Maleficent is the "wicked fairy god mother" according to the wiki. I believe she is devil-like in appearance but it stops there. She's not quite like Chernabog- the real devil all around. :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

Why not? :eek:

We haven't seen BAU? Huh? Yes we have.

Maleficent is the "wicked fairy god mother" according to the wiki. I believe she is devil-like in appearance but it stops there. She's not quite like Chernabog- the real devil all around. :shrug:

When and where? There was one in the original Fant! in DL, but it wasn't that BA. And it broke. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom