Where in WDW is your “happy place”?

mf1972

definitely walking along main street in MK. i also enjoy walking around the resort we’re staying at early in the morning before everyone else is up & about.
lastly, if we can get it, sitting at a table outside in front of rose & crown pub to relax & peoplewatch

Whenever I’m in a painful situation (like getting a cavity filled) or a “push through” situation (like finishing the last mile of a tough run), I go to my happy place. Shockingly, mine is at WDW ;) I assume most of yours are, too.:)

Specifically, I transport myself to walking down Mainstreet USA first thing in the morning when I can hear the music in the background and really smell the bakery and Starbucks.

What’s your WDW happy place?

View attachment 287229

Resort: Sitting in a rocking chair on The Boardwalk porch admiring the views of the lake and people watching
MK: Like many others, hearing the music as you enter Space Mountain - brings back childhood memories of the early 80s, the atmosphere and architecture of Liberty Square
Epcot: World Showcase area. In particular, scoring a table at the Rose and Crown bar, enjoying a Schofferhofer grapefruit beer and pretzel in Germany while sitting on a nearby bench
HS: riding the Rock N Roller Coaster, the moments just before the Tower of Terror slings you up and down, and getting a barstool at the 50s Prime Time bar drinking Dad's Electric Lemonade and Magical Star Cocktail - love the retro atmosphere!
AK - Pandora and hopping on the banshee on Flight of Passage

World_Showcase_Lover007

Future World West (circa 1986, or present)
Harambe Village
Splash Mtn.
Sunset Blvd.

*Honorable Mentions*
50s Prime Time (Dad’s Den)
Liberty Tree Tavern (outside entrance)
Tomorrowland (near CoP)

+ a thousand more

Mark P.

BoardWalk first thing in the morning, with a cup of coffee, the quiet stirring of the resort coming to life, and me constantly unpacking and tweaking the itinerary for the park day ahead. Perfection. 00B3706A-C33E-4770-B0C3-159DE2BB4A3B.jpeg

smudgee

Whenever I’m in a painful situation (like getting a cavity filled) or a “push through” situation (like finishing the last mile of a tough run), I go to my happy place. Shockingly, mine is at WDW ;) I assume most of yours are, too.:)

Specifically, I transport myself to walking down Mainstreet USA first thing in the morning when I can hear the music in the background and really smell the bakery and Starbucks.

What’s your WDW happy place?

View attachment 287229
Journey to Imagination. Figment is my favorite "happy place" and character.

OG Runner

I had a surreal experience once. I was in the World Showcase after Illuminations and was separated from my party.
My youngest son was on my shoulders. After waiting a while we began walking toward China, from Japan. The crowds
were thinning out and then the bridge was open near China. We had to walk all the way in the other direction. It was
quieter and a bit darker. Very memorable, but a unusual experience.

geekza

The Haunted Mansion at night or my first ride of my vacation on Spaceship Earth.

My favorite "happy places" that no longer exist: Journey into Imagination and the spot on the highway when you could start picking up the WDW Info radio station. When I was a kid, that was the spot when I knew that happy times were ahead.

PurpleDragon

The Haunted Mansion at night or my first ride of my vacation on Spaceship Earth.

My favorite "happy places" that no longer exist: Journey into Imagination and the spot on the highway when you could start picking up the WDW Info radio station. When I was a kid, that was the spot when I knew that happy times were ahead.

Holy crap!! Are you me? My favorite spots have changed over the years, but what you just mentioned will always be some of my favorite childhood memories.

EDIT: Speaking of the WDW radio, does anyone know where one could dig up a recording of that whole loop that used to play on that station?

geekza

Holy crap!! Are you me? My favorite spots have changed over the years, but what you just mentioned will always be some of my favorite childhood memories.
I never would have guessed from your avatar. ;) I do miss the classic Dreamfinder ride. A buddy of mine was in the first cast of the Laugh Floor (and is still there) and worked with Ron Schneider (original walkaround Dreamfinder) on it. I totally geeked out on him when I found out. He said he's a fantastic guy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom