Where in WDW is your “happy place”?

zurgandfriend

Early mornings at WDW while DW sleeps in, I love to sit in the lobby of our resort. Whether it is the Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian or Grand Floridian, when we stay at the Contemporary substitute the lobby for the Grand Canyon Concourse. I have my coffee and watch the world go by. That hour or so is a great time to think, to watch the look of wonder in the faces of little ones and reflect on how our own DS was at that age. When DW is up and ready I get a text message, “where are you? Bring me coffee” and off we go from there.

ThanksPhoenicians

It's not too fast, not too slow, there's hardly ever a line (and if there is, it moves pretty quickly) and you can do some people-watching with a birds-eye view.
tta.jpg
I'm with you. This is it, right here.

mmelka

I've only been to WDW twice, both in recent years, but my favorite places have been the Norway Beer Cart and looking out across the World Showcase Lagoon with a cold one in hand; and then I could even argue that I love riding the boat across the lagoon from the TTC and seeing the castle the first time - then I know I am going to MK! Splash Mountain/Big Thunder Mountain always produces a smile from me, and so does Flight of Passage if I snagged a FPP. Last trip, I really enjoyed the resort hopping and see what else was offered in terms of amenities at Disney other than just the theme parks.

ELG13

It's not too fast, not too slow, there's hardly ever a line (and if there is, it moves pretty quickly) and you can do some people-watching with a birds-eye view.
tta.jpg
We've yet to do this ride and the speedway. And...oh man I just realized, we haven't taken the kids on the train!!!! We last rode it 10 yrs ago! Is it still a ride? I remember getting on and off over by splash mountain...

ELG13

Early mornings at WDW while DW sleeps in, I love to sit in the lobby of our resort. Whether it is the Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian or Grand Floridian, when we stay at the Contemporary substitute the lobby for the Grand Canyon Concourse. I have my coffee and watch the world go by. That hour or so is a great time to think, to watch the look of wonder in the faces of little ones and reflect on how our own DS was at that age. When DW is up and ready I get a text message, “where are you? Bring me coffee” and off we go from there.
That sounds so nice.

Daddyoh

Beach Clubs' Stormalong Bay Pool in front of JET L2/L4 by Life guard stand. I fondly named it because because it feels SO GOOD on my lower back and I then can converse with the Life Guards. This jet is perfectly aligned on my spine and what a massage !:):)
Only those with back issues will be able to understand and relate.

Last edited:

Rascal!

Whenever I’m in a painful situation (like getting a cavity filled) or a “push through” situation (like finishing the last mile of a tough run), I go to my happy place. Shockingly, mine is at WDW ;) I assume most of yours are, too.:)

Specifically, I transport myself to walking down Mainstreet USA first thing in the morning when I can hear the music in the background and really smell the bakery and Starbucks.

What’s your WDW happy place?

View attachment 287229
Things have changed so much since I was there last. Everywhere there is my favorite place. Fort Wilderness though would have to be one of my most favorite places!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom