Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Goofyernmost

Yes. This weekend I spent a considerable amount of time doing initial research regarding possibly retiring in Florida.
St. Cloud Florida looks good. Yet there are tons of towns still waiting for me to virtually explore them. Some day when life is safe again my wife and I hope to go down in person and see places first hand.
I always planned on Florida for retirement, but circumstances dictated that I come to North Carolina. I have never regretted it and at this point am not sure why I thought Florida ever was a good idea. In my past I had been a commercial bus driver and still had my commercial drivers license so my dream was to go to Florida and drive bus either for Disney or a few other possible tourist areas in the vicinity. Now I am so glad that it worked out like it did. Before my kids and their families moved down here Raleigh was not anywhere in my thought pattern much less my plans. Previous to that Raleigh was just the place where Barney Fife used to go to meetings at the county seat.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
I've noticed that wearing a face mask in winter actually has its benefits, as it keeps your face warm when walking outdoors. (Like most people, I hate wearing them, but I do anyway to follow health guidelines and all.)

So the other day, the snow was accompanied by some higher winds and blew by my face; but I couldn't feel it because I had on oversized sunglasses (there was a glare on the snow). And then, my face mask blocked the rest of the icy snow. :)
Makes it kinda hard to soak up the sun. :hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I always planned on Florida for retirement, but circumstances dictated that I come to North Carolina. I have never regretted it and at this point am not sure why I thought Florida ever was a good idea. In my past I had been a commercial bus driver and still had my commercial drivers license so my dream was to go to Florida and drive bus either for Disney or a few other possible tourist areas in the vicinity. Now I am so glad that it worked out like it did. Before my kids and their families moved down here Raleigh was not anywhere in my thought pattern much less my plans. Previous to that Raleigh was just the place where Barney Fife used to go to meetings at the county seat.

I know some years ago, my brother down there in NC, visited the area based upon the Andy Griffith show. I think it might have been Mout Airy, (which the show referred to as Mayberry). It wasn't anything exciting, but he said it was fun to visit, because of the show.

Goofyernmost

I know some years ago, my brother down there in NC, visited the area based upon the Andy Griffith show. I think it might have been Mout Airy, (which the show referred to as Mayberry). It wasn't anything exciting, but he said it was fun to visit, because of the show.
Yea, I went there a few years ago. They have a whole street dedicated to the Mayberry town. Court house, Sheriff's Office, Floyds Barbershop, Old Ford Police car parked out front of the Garage.

trr1

February 25

February 26

February 27

February 28

February 29 (Every Four Years)

INTERNATIONAL DAYS IN FEBRUARY

February 27

NATIONAL MONTHS IN MARCH

NATIONAL WEEKS IN MARCH

NATIONAL DAYS IN MARCH

March 1

March 2

March 3

March 4

INTERNATIONAL DAYS IN MARCH

March 1

March 3

March 4

MinnieM123

Premium Member
February 25

February 26

February 27

February 28

February 29 (Every Four Years)

INTERNATIONAL DAYS IN FEBRUARY

February 27

NATIONAL MONTHS IN MARCH

NATIONAL WEEKS IN MARCH

NATIONAL DAYS IN MARCH

March 1

March 2

March 3

March 4

INTERNATIONAL DAYS IN MARCH

March 1

March 3

March 4

I can't contain my excitement. It's National Celery Month. 🤦‍♀️

:p :hilarious:

trr1

I can't contain my excitement. It's National Celery Month. 🤦‍♀️

:p :hilarious:
chocolate covered even
1614297516805.jpeg

Celery is pretty much the perfect dipping instrument, and chocolate is no exception. The mildness serves to heighten the flavors in the chocolate, and the water from the celery served as a way to slightly dilute the dark chocolate, making it slightly less bitter.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
chocolate covered even
View attachment 535352

Celery is pretty much the perfect dipping instrument, and chocolate is no exception. The mildness serves to heighten the flavors in the chocolate, and the water from the celery served as a way to slightly dilute the dark chocolate, making it slightly less bitter.

Nice try . . . ;)

🤮

Goofyernmost

chocolate covered even
View attachment 535352

None of those things seems like a worthy place for chocolate to end up. Using chocolate on any type of squash, celery or for that matter any of the others listed would be a slap in the face to chocolate. However, a few of those are quite compatible with Peanut Butter.

Goofyernmost

Inspiring story for teachers....
That is a twofer story: It primarily is about the importance of education and winning the child to your side by caring and effort to find that magical personality link that motivates children to want to be there. That first day of school many times sets the scene for every year that follows. My first grade teacher was a nun by the name of Sister Mary James. Most of the time nice, but had what seemed like a weird joy in smacking 6 year old's knuckles with a ruler. Not the best of memories.

The second, more subtle but also life changing is describing the beginning of the roller coaster ride that is parenthood. How many times in their childhood to adulthood (and beyond) do we have to smile and show support when inside we are being torn apart. First day of school, first days of middle school, graduation from high school, first boyfriend (or girlfriend), first days of college, hoping that you taught them the lessons they needed to have the strength to make the right decisions while there until the graduation, hearing about the excitement of engagement, the joy of their wedding. We as parents hide our fears, our doubts, our feelings of loss, continued worries of decisions made or yet to be made. Women, at least have the outlet of being able to socially let their emotions out. As men, we feel, especially with daughters, the need to show strength in an effort to let them know that there is a strength they can count on long into adulthood. It is finally starting to give men that break of being able to feel and show emotion without fear of appearing weak and helpless, but it has been a long road.

I don't know, maybe I'm reading to much in a simple first day of school experience, but to paraphrase Shrek, life is like an onion, composed of layers, that you peel back one layer at a time to display a whole new and different section.

SteveBrickNJ

That is a twofer story: It primarily is about the importance of education and winning the child to your side by caring and effort to find that magical personality link that motivates children to want to be there. That first day of school many times sets the scene for every year that follows. My first grade teacher was a nun by the name of Sister Mary James. Most of the time nice, but had what seemed like a weird joy in smacking 6 year old's knuckles with a ruler. Not the best of memories.

The second, more subtle but also life changing is describing the beginning of the roller coaster ride that is parenthood. How many times in their childhood to adulthood (and beyond) do we have to smile and show support when inside we are being torn apart. First day of school, first days of middle school, graduation from high school, first boyfriend (or girlfriend), first days of college, hoping that you taught them the lessons they needed to have the strength to make the right decisions while there until the graduation, hearing about the excitement of engagement, the joy of their wedding. We as parents hide our fears, our doubts, our feelings of loss, continued worries of decisions made or yet to be made. Women, at least have the outlet of being able to socially let their emotions out. As men, we feel, especially with daughters, the need to show strength in an effort to let them know that there is a strength they can count on long into adulthood. It is finally starting to give men that break of being able to feel and show emotion without fear of appearing weak and helpless, but it has been a long road.

I don't know, maybe I'm reading to much in a simple first day of school experience, but to paraphrase Shrek, life is like an onion, composed of layers, that you peel back one layer at a time to display a whole new and different section.
So often your posts are very interesting. This one IS a great example of that. 😉

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@JenniferS , I had a further thought about when you receive your free post card. What if you wrote a message to your darling hubs on it, and then mailed it to him? :inlove: (It may take a bit of sleuthing to get him to be the one to "bring in the mail" for a few days after you mail it, so that he'd be so surprised to see his unexpected postcard, when he brought in the daily mail. ) ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom