Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
I hear you!!! After a while it just drains you. I just want to be able to stand outside in the sun for a while and not freezing any body parts off!
This is also the time of year when March is so close, and my brain associates March with spring and the color green. But then I'm usually let down by a couple snowstorms in March.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
This is also the time of year when March is so close, and my brain associates March with spring and the color green. But then I'm usually let down by a couple snowstorms in March.
When we lived north of you it wasn’t uncommon to get snow on Memorial Day. The frost wouldn’t be totally out of the ground until June.... This year down here, there is more snow on the ground then they have had in 10 years - reminded me of Wisconsin!

PUSH

Original Poster
When we lived north of you it wasn’t uncommon to get snow on Memorial Day. The frost wouldn’t be totally out of the ground until June.... This year down here, there is more snow on the ground then they have had in 10 years - reminded me of Wisconsin!
The latest I ever remember snow is in May, and I believe I was in second grade. I vaguely remember possible snow in June, but I may just be making that up.

Goofyernmost

The latest I ever remember snow is in May, and I believe I was in second grade. I vaguely remember possible snow in June, but I may just be making that up.
When I was a kid, during the Ice Age and let me tell you being a tween in the Ice Age was tough, anyway a friend of my Dad and I went up in the Adirondacks in Upper, upper, upper New York State to fish in a clear mountain lake. That was July 4th and we had snow. Not much, but enough to make note of it.
Does anyone know how fish got into a mountain lake in the middle of the Adirondack Mountains? I don't remember if we caught anything other then a chill on that excursion.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Nah, the wind was just so bitter cold and blowing the powdery snow in my face. I had a hood on, but it was stinging my eyes. It’s supposed to warm up now...

I've noticed that wearing a face mask in winter actually has its benefits, as it keeps your face warm when walking outdoors. (Like most people, I hate wearing them, but I do anyway to follow health guidelines and all.)

So the other day, the snow was accompanied by some higher winds and blew by my face; but I couldn't feel it because I had on oversized sunglasses (there was a glare on the snow). And then, my face mask blocked the rest of the icy snow. :)

NYwdwfan

I've noticed that wearing a face mask in winter actually has its benefits, as it keeps your face warm when walking outdoors. (Like most people, I hate wearing them, but I do anyway to follow health guidelines and all.)

So the other day, the snow was accompanied by some higher winds and blew by my face; but I couldn't feel it because I had on oversized sunglasses (there was a glare on the snow). And then, my face mask blocked the rest of the icy snow. :)
I noticed that as well. It's quite warming on those windy bitter days.

SteveBrickNJ

You wanna know what’s really helpful on a cold day? 80°.

80° and palm trees is helpful. Sigh.
Yes. This weekend I spent a considerable amount of time doing initial research regarding possibly retiring in Florida.
St. Cloud Florida looks good. Yet there are tons of towns still waiting for me to virtually explore them. Some day when life is safe again my wife and I hope to go down in person and see places first hand.

SteveBrickNJ

To my teacher forum colleagues on this thread....
Today was the first day my elementary school began what the Superintendent calls: "Phase 2"
Phase one was some students in person only on Mondays and Wednesdays ( We called them TEAM ONE)
Team TWO students were in only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Fridays everyone was virtual.
Now in Phase 2....both Team One and Team Two are in simultaneously.
They have been renamed Team 4D....for 4 days of in person learning. (Fridays everyone will still be virtual)
Life moves on ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom