Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Came to work with Mike because he had to type up some amendments and email them to Purchasers.

From here, we’re going to drive over to my office. I need some paperwork printed out, but mostly I want to see if any of my personal stash remains. I had Lysol wipes, a full bottle of isopropyl, and hand sanitizer. Fingers crossed. 🤞

PUSH

Original Poster
Came to work with Mike because he had to type up some amendments and email them to Purchasers.

From here, we’re going to drive over to my office. I need some paperwork printed out, but mostly I want to see if any of my personal stash remains. I had Lysol wipes, a full bottle of isopropyl, and hand sanitizer. Fingers crossed. 🤞
I went up to school a couple weeks ago and grabbed a giant tub of Clorox wipes. Like, giant. And I still have more up at school. I almost sent an email earlier this year telling staff to come grab some because I had way too many. Glad I didn't!

Nemo14

Although we've cancelled the California trip we were planning to do in June, I hadn't cancelled the flights yet because I was waiting to see what Southwest would do. I really didin't want credits because they would expire in January, which wouldn't work for us at this point. So this morning I got e-mails from them changing the times of our flights, so I called them, and was able to get a total refund for both flights! If Southwest goes bankrupt now it will certainly be my fault. 😱

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Update, ‘cause I know you’re waiting ....
All MY pump Purell gone, but I snagged the 1/4 size no name sanitizer that was there, even though it wasn’t mine.

None of my Lysol wipes, nor the company supplied wipes, and only 1/2 bottle of my isopropyl.

Better than nothing, and we were less than 5 minutes away anyway.

Picked up Popeyes because it will be past 10:00 by the time we get home, and pot pies take a whole hour. Even I know supper at 11:00 is koo koo.

trr1

Update, ‘cause I know you’re waiting ....
All MY pump Purell gone, but I snagged the 1/4 size no name sanitizer that was there, even though it wasn’t mine.

None of my Lysol wipes, nor the company supplied wipes, and only 1/2 bottle of my isopropyl.

Better than nothing, and we were less than 5 minutes away anyway.

Picked up Popeyes because it will be past 10:00 by the time we get home, and pot pies take a whole hour. Even I know supper at 11:00 is koo koo.
make your own sanitizer
Hand sanitizer recipe
What you’ll need:
  • 3/4 cup of isopropyl or rubbing alcohol (99 percent)
  • 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel (to help keep your hands smooth and to counteract the harshness of alcohol)
  • 10 drops of essential oil, such as lavender oil, or you can use lemon juice instead
Directions:
  • Pour all ingredients into a bowl, ideally one with a pouring spout like a glass measuring container.
  • Mix with a spoon and then beat with a whisk to turn the sanitizer into a gel.
  • Pour the ingredients into an empty bottle for easy use, and label it “hand sanitizer.”
How to make wipes:
Ingredients:
  • Bleach
  • Water
  • Roll of high-quality paper towels (shop towels preferred), reusable cloth rag, or old T-shirt you don’t care about
  • Rubber kitchen gloves
  • Bucket or container, to mix bleach
  • Large cylindrical Tupperware container (if using paper towels)
  • Essential oil, optional (to diffuse smell after cleaning)
Directions
Step 1:
Determine your bleach-to-water ratio. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends a ratio of ⅓ cup bleach to one gallon of water or four teaspoons bleach to one quart of water. Some Clorox bleach products call for ½ cup of bleach to 1 gallon of water; others call for ⅓ cup of bleach to 1 gallon of water. We used “Clorox Germicidal Bleach” (⅓ cup bleach to 1 gallon of water).
Step 2: Make your solution. Put on your rubber gloves. In a large plastic or glass container, mix water with bleach, using a spoon to stir.
Step 3: Submerge the wipes. While wearing rubber gloves, submerge your cloth in the bleach solution. If using paper towels*, grab your cylindrical Tupperware container. Measure the height of your paper towels against the container, and cut your roll of paper towels to fit. Use a serrated knife to do this, and then place the paper towels in the container. Pour the bleach solution on top.
*If you opt for standard paper towels, be prepared for the sheets to stick together when submerged in the solution. To use, peel off multiple layers at a time, give them a gentle squeeze to ring out excess solution.
Note: For effectiveness against germs, you need to make the bleach-and-water solution every day you use it. If you have any leftover solution, now’s a good time to scrub that trash can or recycling bin clean.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
make your own sanitizer
Hand sanitizer recipe
What you’ll need:
  • 3/4 cup of isopropyl or rubbing alcohol (99 percent)
  • 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel (to help keep your hands smooth and to counteract the harshness of alcohol)
  • 10 drops of essential oil, such as lavender oil, or you can use lemon juice instead
Directions:
  • Pour all ingredients into a bowl, ideally one with a pouring spout like a glass measuring container.
  • Mix with a spoon and then beat with a whisk to turn the sanitizer into a gel.
  • Pour the ingredients into an empty bottle for easy use, and label it “hand sanitizer.”
How to make wipes:
Ingredients:
  • Bleach
  • Water
  • Roll of high-quality paper towels (shop towels preferred), reusable cloth rag, or old T-shirt you don’t care about
  • Rubber kitchen gloves
  • Bucket or container, to mix bleach
  • Large cylindrical Tupperware container (if using paper towels)
  • Essential oil, optional (to diffuse smell after cleaning)
Directions
Step 1:
Determine your bleach-to-water ratio. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends a ratio of ⅓ cup bleach to one gallon of water or four teaspoons bleach to one quart of water. Some Clorox bleach products call for ½ cup of bleach to 1 gallon of water; others call for ⅓ cup of bleach to 1 gallon of water. We used “Clorox Germicidal Bleach” (⅓ cup bleach to 1 gallon of water).
Step 2: Make your solution. Put on your rubber gloves. In a large plastic or glass container, mix water with bleach, using a spoon to stir.
Step 3: Submerge the wipes. While wearing rubber gloves, submerge your cloth in the bleach solution. If using paper towels*, grab your cylindrical Tupperware container. Measure the height of your paper towels against the container, and cut your roll of paper towels to fit. Use a serrated knife to do this, and then place the paper towels in the container. Pour the bleach solution on top.
*If you opt for standard paper towels, be prepared for the sheets to stick together when submerged in the solution. To use, peel off multiple layers at a time, give them a gentle squeeze to ring out excess solution.
Note: For effectiveness against germs, you need to make the bleach-and-water solution every day you use it. If you have any leftover solution, now’s a good time to scrub that trash can or recycling bin clean.
Aloe vera gel was in my Amazon cart weeks ago. Didn’t hit “check out” fast enough. Gone in 60 seconds.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I went out to the hotel today to check-up on some things. I was also a bit concerned how the family of lobby bears were doing being isolated there. Large, empty hotels can take on an unsettling presence to lone caretakers.

Luckily, the family of bears who remain isolated inside the place seem to be doing quite well so far.
Papa Lobby Bear was busy writing a novel he's been working on. He didn't seem to want any company as he focused on his work, so I let him be.
View attachment 461980

Meanwhile, in the master suite, Mama Lobby Bear was taking a late afternoon nap, while Junior Lobby Bear was busy doing some sort of artwork to keep himself occupied.
View attachment 461981

Junior Lobby Bear seems to be having the most trouble adapting to life in a large, shut-down hotel. He claims that earlier today, while riding his toy tricycle through various hallways & corridors, he came across some new friends who wanted to play with him... forever, and ever, and ever!
View attachment 461982

There seems to be some tension growing between Papa Lobby Bear and Mama Lobby Bear, but I'm assuming that's just natural for anyone cooped-up over an extended period of time. I'm sure they'll resolve any differences before things get TOO outta hand...
View attachment 461983

I think some fresh air will do all of the Lobby Bears some good. Papa Lobby Bear and Junior Lobby Bear are currently playing "chase" outside in a large hedge maze. I'm sure all will end well.

Thanks -- I think we all needed a good laugh!! :joyfull: :hilarious: :D

Songbird76

This is fantastic. I just wonder why Lori Loughlin wasn't in it.
I thought maybe she didn't think prison orange was her color, but after some old fashioned googling, it appears they haven't even finished the trial?? And she's not coming back for the 5th and final season of Fuller House. So no need to include her in the credits!

Songbird76

It been almost 4 weeks since I last was in my classroom to teach a normal day of school. That is crazy. On one hand it feels like forever, but on the other hand I feel like those 4 weeks have gone by very quickly.
Do you miss your students? Have you had any problems with contacting any of them? They said on the news here that there are almost 6000 students in the Netherlands that have just disappeared off the face of the earth. They think some are probably of foreign descent and as soon as the schools closed, the families went back to their countries of origin, and some others may just not understand Dutch well and don't realize the kids are supposed to be doing remote learning. But they've literally lost almost 6000 students. No idea where they've gone. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom