Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
Here's hoping you don't have to move!

Do you not trust the custodial staff because they are incompetent? Or do you think they'll steal things? That's so sad! When I was teaching, our custodians were GOLD. And when I was in school, too....our custodians were so great!
I will say, the head custodian at the elementary school when I was in high school was an idiot and I didn't like her. I got a summer job as a custodian there, and she would have everyone working in one area, except for me. They were painting the school, and she'd let the other high schoolers paint with her and the other full time staff, but she'd send me off somewhere remote, and then forget where she sent me. So my brother's best friend was working there, too, and it would be break time and he'd get on the intercom and do his best Darth Vader impression to tell me it was break time, because the boss didn't remember where she told me to work. She didn't think I was capable of painting walls....though she let her 8 and 10 year old rug rats weild paint brushes, and one of them was mentally handicapped. (blessing in disguise....she somehow managed to order lead-based paint or something, and everyone got severe headaches from painting in the enclosed hallway....I wasn't allowed to paint, so I was fine.) She was just a real piece of work. But all the other custodians were fantastic! I'm sorry that's not your experience!
Sorry, this post turned out longer than intended... I kind of went on a rant.

Ours do not keep the school clean. They don't go above and beyond. Our head custodian for our school does not budget for enough trash bags for the year. So we can possibly have the same trash bag in our garbage can for 2 weeks before they change it out. It's gross.

We submit "help tickets" when we need something fixed. I've had a closet door off the track for well over a year. He has never come to fix it.

Our bathrooms are gross. Last year we had some boy, not sure who, who would go an pee on the floor in the corner of the bathroom. Despite mutliple tickets and phone calls, it sat there all day before it got cleaned up.

One of our night custodians supposedly mopped a table to clean it. Yes, that's right MOPPED a table. You know, the same mop they use on the bathroom floors.

When there is an emergency clean up (vomit, or such), they will page a custodian to the office. The night custodian on my end of the building says he just ignores them when he's called.

We only get our carpets vacuumed once a week (at least that's how the schedule goes... often it is ignored and only done every couple weeks), and we are told they will only vacuum one of our carpets. The younger grade levels tend to have multiple carpets in their rooms.

When I was at a meeting, some boy from another grade level ran in my room and peed on the floor. Our custodian let it sit there for over an hour while he went out to get McDonalds for lunch, then came and ate it. So I had to bring my class back in after lunch to a room that had pee on the floor. Then when he came in, all he did was mop it up and spread it around. No disinfecting or anything.

Our rooms are often skipped when the night custodian comes by. I think he doesn't remember if he's done them or not, then just skips them. Once there was a goldfish on the floor from after snack. I intentionally left it there to see how long it would take before it got swept up. Over a week. If the pathway is too narrow for his large dust mop, he skips it.

Our sinks are not the best designed. When kids poor milk in them, there is not enough of a slope for it to go down the drain, so it sits there and curdles. I could count on one hand how often the sink gets clean in a year.

We lost access to the maintenance room to grab paper towels and soap on our own, so now when we need them refilled, we have to wait until the end of the day for the night custodian to refill it. Even if it's during the middle of the day. Unless we hunt down the day custodian, who is often nowhere to be found. And after school the night custodian typically does not check the soap or paper towels unless I say something. And even then he forgets. Even if I open up the paper towel dispenser for him to clearly see.

Our day custodian is often found watching Netflix in his office.

It's very frustrating. Especially when I have a friend who teaches in a school about 20 miles away. She says her custodians vacuum her carpets daily, leave absolutely nothing on the floors, and even paint the handrails of the stairs. So different.

PUSH

Original Poster
our state parks just closed on the 7th as well. No end date set yet but we have a reservation at one for a rv campsite Memorial Day weekend. We are hoping we will be able to travel then if restrictions are eased.
My mom just read that somewhere is predicting schools and businesses won't be open until August. I don't know the source or how they came up with that. It could be that's the date when they think things will be fully operational. I don't see the restrictions being lifted all at once. I think there will be a gradual release.

PUSH

Original Poster
I came across these videos again last night. They are some of my favorites... definitely worth a watch! Both are from a meeting to get The Greatest Showman green lit.

This one is of Hugh Jackman. He had skin cancer removed from his nose the day before and had 80 stitches in his nose, so the doctors told him he couldn't sing. He has an understudy sing in his place, until this song. Hugh took over. It's awesome!

This one is of Keala Settle. She sings "This Is Me", the show's anthem. She was visibly nervous and not confident at the start, but she emerges and does fantastic. Lots of emotions!

Last edited:

Eric1955

I came across these videos again last night. They are some of my favorites... definitely worth a watch! Both are from a meeting to get The Greatest Showman green lit.

This one is of Hugh Jackman. He had skin cancer removed from his nose the day before and had 80 stitches in his nose, so the doctors told him he couldn't sing. He has an understudy sing in his place, until this song. Hugh took over. It's awesome!

This one is of Keala Settle. She sings "This Is Me", the show's anthem. She was visibly nervous and not confident at the start, but she emerges and does fantastic. Lots of emotions!

I absolutely love that movie!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Today is special! There's a new theme for Thursdays... Throwback Thursdays! I will post an extinct attraction on Thursdays.

Today's Throwback Attraction of the Day: Snow White's Scary Adventures!

An actual ride trumps a meet and greet any day of the week, but my word, this always struck me as such an odd ride.

PUSH

Original Poster
An actual ride trumps a meet and greet any day of the week, but my word, this always struck me as such an odd ride.
Watching it back, I actually don't remember most of it. It was not something we did every year. But yes, rides > any meet and greet. I have never liked meet and greets. Even as a kid. Not my thing.

NYwdwfan

Ah, the poor little rich girl syndrome! Seriously is that all Felicity got? A week?? I saw that Lori didn't take the plea because it included jail time, but it didn't say how much.
I will say, I don't understand why this is all coming up NOW, though. I mean, yes, it was unethical and wrong, etc, but rich people have been doing this for decades...now suddenly they want it to stop? How do they think all this big time schools get new facilities? They take a nice "donation" in exchange for junior getting accepted there despite his dismal academic record. Why is it suddenly frowned upon?
Apparently they draw the line at having your kid pose on a rowing machine and then superimposing their body in a real boat to apply for a fake crew scholarship.

PUSH

Original Poster

I just realized I put the same video in twice... I fixed it now. :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom