Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

NYwdwfan

I thought maybe she didn't think prison orange was her color, but after some old fashioned googling, it appears they haven't even finished the trial?? And she's not coming back for the 5th and final season of Fuller House. So no need to include her in the credits!
He was being sarcastic - it’s ALL over the news here constantly. Or was before the virus.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Update, ‘cause I know you’re waiting ....
All MY pump Purell gone, but I snagged the 1/4 size no name sanitizer that was there, even though it wasn’t mine.

None of my Lysol wipes, nor the company supplied wipes, and only 1/2 bottle of my isopropyl.

Better than nothing, and we were less than 5 minutes away anyway.

Picked up Popeyes because it will be past 10:00 by the time we get home, and pot pies take a whole hour. Even I know supper at 11:00 is koo koo.

I went into my classroom last week to work on some stuff I couldn't do at home and my container of Chlorox wipes and my bottle of Lysol spray that I had next to the sink were gone. My fancy foam hand sanitizer was still on my desk. I found my wipes next to the copy machine, so I was okay with whoever moved those there, but not so okay with losing my Lysol spray.

PUSH

Original Poster
Do you miss your students? Have you had any problems with contacting any of them? They said on the news here that there are almost 6000 students in the Netherlands that have just disappeared off the face of the earth. They think some are probably of foreign descent and as soon as the schools closed, the families went back to their countries of origin, and some others may just not understand Dutch well and don't realize the kids are supposed to be doing remote learning. But they've literally lost almost 6000 students. No idea where they've gone. :(
Of course I miss my students. I haven't had a hard time reaching any of the families. I had a Google Meet yesterday just to talk with them. Only 5 of 14 showed up. But one was at her dad's house, and he doesn't have internet. One ended up going fishing while the weather was nice (it's going to get cold again soon). One had technical troubles. Another doesn't have internet. So hopefully next week I will have more.

PUSH

Original Poster
I went into my classroom last week to work on some stuff I couldn't do at home and my container of Chlorox wipes and my bottle of Lysol spray that I had next to the sink were gone. My fancy foam hand sanitizer was still on my desk. I found my wipes next to the copy machine, so I was okay with whoever moved those there, but not so okay with losing my Lysol spray.
Isn't it fun when things go missing in your classroom?

Songbird76

He was being sarcastic - it’s ALL over the news here constantly. Or was before the virus.
That she's not coming back? I knew he was being sarcastic about why she wasn't there, but I honestly thought she was in jail, so I thought the prison orange comment would be fitting. But when I looked it up, it said there were a whole bunch of new charges like money laundering? And it said that she had been dropped from all her Hallmark projects, and wouldn't be returning to Fuller House....I hadn't heard about that. It's not like her role was huge in it anyway.

Songbird76

Did you recapture the wipes and lock them in your desk? That would make me pretty angry that someone helped themselves to things I brought in myself. It's one thing to ask if they can use some once, but completely different just to take it.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Isn't it fun when things go missing in your classroom?

Oh yeah. :rolleyes: When I returned to school after my first year of teaching, somehow over the summer my stapler, tape dispenser, 3 hole punch and my desk chair had gone missing! When I told my principal she just had me order new ones, other people were missing things too. The next summer the cart with all my triple beam balances had gone missing, but I found it in our Phy-Ed/Health teacher's classroom which is next to mine so that was probably just a misplacement not a theft. Now I have everything labeled with my name and lock up as much stuff as possible. But some of the people who cleaned our rooms when I first started were either fired or quit a long time ago. I haven't had anything missing in a long time, except now my cleaning supplies.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Did you recapture the wipes and lock them in your desk? That would make me pretty angry that someone helped themselves to things I brought in myself. It's one thing to ask if they can use some once, but completely different just to take it.

No I didn't take the wipes back, the container had only been half full in my room and I figured they were serving a good purpose right now at the copy machine (so people could wipe it down before or after using it). And actually, the wipes and spray were things that I got at Walmart when I went shopping with the school credit card earlier in the year, so they, and the Lysol spray, technically belong to the school (not that the person who moved/took them would have known that and they shouldn't just take stuff anyway). That's why I was glad that they didn't move my fancy foaming hand sanitizer but I actually did buy that myself.

PUSH

Original Poster
Oh yeah. :rolleyes: When I returned to school after my first year of teaching, somehow over the summer my stapler, tape dispenser, 3 hole punch and my desk chair had gone missing! When I told my principal she just had me order new ones, other people were missing things too. The next summer the cart with all my triple beam balances had gone missing, but I found it in our Phy-Ed/Health teacher's classroom which is next to mine so that was probably just a misplacement not a theft. Now I have everything labeled with my name and lock up as much stuff as possible. But some of the people who cleaned our rooms when I first started were either fired or quit a long time ago. I haven't had anything missing in a long time, except now my cleaning supplies.
When I pack up for the summer, I try to box up everything and put it in my closets. My classroom has large closets against one wall where students put coats and backpacks, so I'm lucky to have all that storage space for over the summer. There is also extra space above the closets I use as storage space throughout the year.

Since my room could always potentially be used for summer school, I put everything away that I can. Staplers, pencils, dry erase markers, etc. all get put in a box behind things in my closets. If they are easily accessible I know somebody will use or take them, and then I won't have them for my class the following year. And a lot of those dry erase markers I paid for myself! And those are not cheap!

However, there is a potential I could be moving classrooms this summer since our school is likely going to be seeing some grade level shifts (5th grade to middle school, 4K going full day, etc). If that happens I could go from the biggest and arguably nicest room in the building to one of the smallest, most falling apart rooms in the school. I don't trust our custodial staff to get all of my furniture to a new room. Our custodial staff is absolutely terrible.

NYwdwfan

That she's not coming back? I knew he was being sarcastic about why she wasn't there, but I honestly thought she was in jail, so I thought the prison orange comment would be fitting. But when I looked it up, it said there were a whole bunch of new charges like money laundering? And it said that she had been dropped from all her Hallmark projects, and wouldn't be returning to Fuller House....I hadn't heard about that. It's not like her role was huge in it anyway.
She could (should) have just plead guilty and taken her week in jail like Felicity Huffman but she and her husband are insisting THEY are the victims and did nothing wrong so the feds are looking for every possible charge they can throw at them before it goes to trial.

Songbird76

She could (should) have just plead guilty and taken her week in jail like Felicity Huffman but she and her husband are insisting THEY are the victims and did nothing wrong so the feds are looking for every possible charge they can throw at them before it goes to trial.
Ah, the poor little rich girl syndrome! Seriously is that all Felicity got? A week?? I saw that Lori didn't take the plea because it included jail time, but it didn't say how much.
I will say, I don't understand why this is all coming up NOW, though. I mean, yes, it was unethical and wrong, etc, but rich people have been doing this for decades...now suddenly they want it to stop? How do they think all this big time schools get new facilities? They take a nice "donation" in exchange for junior getting accepted there despite his dismal academic record. Why is it suddenly frowned upon?

Songbird76

When I pack up for the summer, I try to box up everything and put it in my closets. My classroom has large closets against one wall where students put coats and backpacks, so I'm lucky to have all that storage space for over the summer. There is also extra space above the closets I use as storage space throughout the year.

Since my room could always potentially be used for summer school, I put everything away that I can. Staplers, pencils, dry erase markers, etc. all get put in a box behind things in my closets. If they are easily accessible I know somebody will use or take them, and then I won't have them for my class the following year. And a lot of those dry erase markers I paid for myself! And those are not cheap!

However, there is a potential I could be moving classrooms this summer since our school is likely going to be seeing some grade level shifts (5th grade to middle school, 4K going full day, etc). If that happens I could go from the biggest and arguably nicest room in the building to one of the smallest, most falling apart rooms in the school. I don't trust our custodial staff to get all of my furniture to a new room. Our custodial staff is absolutely terrible.
Here's hoping you don't have to move!

Do you not trust the custodial staff because they are incompetent? Or do you think they'll steal things? That's so sad! When I was teaching, our custodians were GOLD. And when I was in school, too....our custodians were so great!
I will say, the head custodian at the elementary school when I was in high school was an idiot and I didn't like her. I got a summer job as a custodian there, and she would have everyone working in one area, except for me. They were painting the school, and she'd let the other high schoolers paint with her and the other full time staff, but she'd send me off somewhere remote, and then forget where she sent me. So my brother's best friend was working there, too, and it would be break time and he'd get on the intercom and do his best Darth Vader impression to tell me it was break time, because the boss didn't remember where she told me to work. She didn't think I was capable of painting walls....though she let her 8 and 10 year old rug rats weild paint brushes, and one of them was mentally handicapped. (blessing in disguise....she somehow managed to order lead-based paint or something, and everyone got severe headaches from painting in the enclosed hallway....I wasn't allowed to paint, so I was fine.) She was just a real piece of work. But all the other custodians were fantastic! I'm sorry that's not your experience!

Songbird76

Never heard of that combination until now, but it looks and sounds heavenly.
I never would have thought of it myself. I don't like cheese, actually, unless it's melted. But there's a cuban tapas restaurant and I tried it there and it became my favorite....until they took it off the menu. :bawling: So now I'm making it myself. I also saw online that some people do apple instead of zucchini. I might try that.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I never would have thought of it myself. I don't like cheese, actually, unless it's melted. But there's a cuban tapas restaurant and I tried it there and it became my favorite....until they took it off the menu. :bawling: So now I'm making it myself. I also saw online that some people do apple instead of zucchini. I might try that.
I was also thinking apples. 🙂
Granny Smith.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Wisconsin state parks will be closing indefinitely starting tomorrow. People couldn't be responsible when they were left open. They got way too crowded and became a hang out spot for friends to get together.

our state parks just closed on the 7th as well. No end date set yet but we have a reservation at one for a rv campsite Memorial Day weekend. We are hoping we will be able to travel then if restrictions are eased.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom