Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Songbird76

In town. It's a town of around 5,000.
Not too bad then. I came from a ranching and coal mining community. The town had about 1500 people in it, but it serviced all the surrounding ranches, too, so kids were bused in from up to 50 miles away. When I was in kindergarten, we actually had a small school close to our ranch, and a lot of the ranch kids went there. There were 6 kids in my kindergarten class, and we shared a classroom and teacher with I think 6 first graders and 3 second graders. I only went there for kindergarten and then my parents got divorced and we moved into town. They closed the small school down a few years later. But if the weather got bad, buses didn't run, so the bus kids were sent home early if they were already at school, and were just kept home if it was bad before they left. I can only remember a couple of times when the bus kids had to be put up with host families in town because it got bad so quickly. But if you had indoor recess every time it snowed, they'd never get outside. I remember many a recess huddled in a corner trying to keep the wind at bay.

Songbird76

Oh my gosh!!! Jennifer, that is AMAZING!!! :jawdrop: :cool: :inlove:

Now, will this be a part of your yearly Christmas decorations in the house? Or, are you going to have a permanent spot in the home to display it year-round? (I realize it's not holiday specific, per se, and you could keep it out all year, if you had an appropriate spot.)
Is there such a thing as an "inappropriate spot" for such a treasure? I mean, barring safety hazzards....obviously you wouldn't want to store it in the oven. But as far as display locations, is there really a BAD one for something like this?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Is there such a thing as an "inappropriate spot" for such a treasure? I mean, barring safety hazzards....obviously you wouldn't want to store it in the oven. But as far as display locations, is there really a BAD one for something like this?
By appropriate, I assume she means “safe”.

Some people here consider me to be a little “accident prone”. I have no idea why.

PUSH

Original Poster
Not sure if anyone is a fan of country music... I can't claim to be. But the first music I remember listening to was country in the late 90s/early 2000s. I loved that era of country music. It was the first music I truly fell in love with. Some of the songs/artists here I vividly remember listening to as a kid, particularly Sara Evans and Martina McBride. Even though I don't claim to be a country fan, country music is what made me love music so much. Worth the watch, even if you don't know all the songs or artists!

PUSH

Original Poster
And now I'm listening to early 2000s country... good times.

Disclaimer: I barely know any modern country music.

trr1

try some of the older stuff like Hank Williams,Bill Anderson(my mom loved him),Glen Campbell ,Flatt and Scruggs and Dolly Parton just to name a few

PUSH

Original Poster
try some of the older stuff like Hank Williams,Bill Anderson(my mom loved him),Glen Campbell ,Flatt and Scruggs and Dolly Parton just to name a few
I like some old country songs, but I don't actively seek them out. I think I am specific to one era of country. ;)

But I do respect old country. New country not as much...

PUSH

Original Poster
Because of my recent dive into country music of old, I found this. I love Jennifer Nettles' voice, and this is Christmas, too. So it's a win-win, and with the performance here, it's a win-win-win.

Songbird76

Not sure if anyone is a fan of country music... I can't claim to be. But the first music I remember listening to was country in the late 90s/early 2000s. I loved that era of country music. It was the first music I truly fell in love with. Some of the songs/artists here I vividly remember listening to as a kid, particularly Sara Evans and Martina McBride. Even though I don't claim to be a country fan, country music is what made me love music so much. Worth the watch, even if you don't know all the songs or artists!

Darn, it won't let me watch it here. It says it's not available in my country. Maybe if I use windscribe..? Anyway, I do love country music with a few exceptions. I can't stand Randy Travis, and I don't particularly like Dolly Parton. But Martina McBride is one of my go-tos...I have a couple of her albums. My husband and I have "our song" which is One Boy, One Girl by Collin Raye. And I was also a big Garth Brooks fan in high school. Toby Keith, Brad Paisley, Shania Twain, Shedaisy, Dixey Chicks....I like a lot. But there is no country music over here, so when we go to the US, we generally listen to it a lot. I'm pretty eclectic, though. I love Jazz music, Top 40, and some choral music. Anything I can sing along to....so basically anything but rap, techno, and some heavy metal.

Songbird76

Yay!!! Windscribe worked. Thanks for sharing! Independence Day is one of my favorites to belt out while I'm baking. I also love "I've got better things to do".

Songbird76

I went to a concert at Cheyenne Frontier days one year...it had Terri Clark when she was just starting out, I think. And Charlie Daniels, and I want to say Rascal Flats? Nope, I looked it up. Sawyer Brown. And Mark Chesnutt. So much fun!

Goofyernmost

I like some old country songs, but I don't actively seek them out. I think I am specific to one era of country. ;)

But I do respect old country. New country not as much...
I have to agree, I was never into country, but shortly after my divorce in 2001 I started to listen to what was playing and although I liked some of the stuff, it just seemed that, on the radio, at least, they just played the same thing over and over again. I got bored and stopped listening about two years into that particular obsession. A year or so ago, just out of curiosity, I tuned into a country station, (not hard to find in North Carolina) and was shocked that the same songs were still playing. I even checked to see if it was a country oldies station and it wasn't. I was starting to think that no one was writing new country songs anymore. I guess there is just so much you can sing about cars, lost loves, truck driving, drinking away pain and prison. :eek::D

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I have to agree, I was never into country, but shortly after my divorce in 2001 I started to listen to what was playing and although I liked some of the stuff, it just seemed that, on the radio, at least, they just played the same thing over and over again. I got bored and stopped listening about two years into that particular obsession. A year or so ago, just out of curiosity, I tuned into a country station, (not hard to find in North Carolina) and was shocked that the same songs were still playing. I even checked to see if it was a country oldies station and it wasn't. I was starting to think that no one was writing new country songs anymore. I guess there is just so much you can sing about cars, lost loves, truck driving, drinking away pain and prison. :eek::D
CF846024-75E3-40F0-BCAF-6C6B4CF8719A.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom