Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Songbird76

I have been home schooled my whole school time.I now am doing my 11th grade year so I haven't had recess time in a long time but back when I was younger I had what was called a co-op group of kids around my age that were home schooled that would meet everyday at the park for recess and it was tons of fun. It also broke up the day from learning and gave my mom a break and time from pulling every hair out of her head. :)
That's good that you still got to socialize with other kids even though you are homeschooled. There were a few kids in my hometown who were homeschooled, and some of the kids played with kids at church and such, but there was one girl who didn't have any socialization with others and she was just not a nice person. She was so used to being able to do what she wanted when she wanted, and was so rude to others. She had no social skills because she rarely got to interact with others. I hope she developed that as she got older, but it sure showed me how important it is for kids to learn those skills.

In the Parks
No
That's good that you still got to socialize with other kids even though you are homeschooled. There were a few kids in my hometown who were homeschooled, and some of the kids played with kids at church and such, but there was one girl who didn't have any socialization with others and she was just not a nice person. She was so used to being able to do what she wanted when she wanted, and was so rude to others. She had no social skills because she rarely got to interact with others. I hope she developed that as she got older, but it sure showed me how important it is for kids to learn those skills.
My parents especially when I was younger made sure I had the Co-Op groups to be involved in and some of those kids are still my friends even today. They even have dances that the parents and the local churches and community sponsor for the High School and Middle School home school kids so they aren't left out of that sort of stuff. I have been to many dances.

Goofyernmost

Here we have outdoor recess unless it’s too hot, too cold, raining or there is snow on the ground. Otherwise it’s indoor recess. Our kids are soft. They can’t be too hot, too cold or wet.
I sometimes wonder if that was what was the downfall of every previous "world" power. They all got soft (physically and mentally) and were easily defeated. Probably not since there are a whole lot of other things besides physical warfare to create a loss of strength, but it maybe what makes people just stay complacent and accepting as to what happens to them. But, there are a whole lot of people that are much smarter then I, so this cannot be the reason, I guess.

Mike S

Here we have outdoor recess unless it’s too hot, too cold, raining or there is snow on the ground. Otherwise it’s indoor recess. Our kids are soft. They can’t be too hot, too cold or wet.
Idk I live in Florida and even I can’t take 90 to 100 degree weather for too long and that’s just walking my dog for the usual 20 or so minutes. Can’t imagine playing around/exerting myself in that heat 🥵

In the Parks
No
Idk I live in Florida and even I can’t take 90 to 100 degree weather for too long and that’s just walking my dog for the usual 20 or so minutes. Can’t imagine playing around/exerting myself in that heat 🥵
I don't like it when it is too hot and especially too humid. The colder weather don't bother me much. I actually like running around in the rain. :joyfull:

Mike S

I don't like it when it is too hot and especially too humid. The colder weather don't bother me much. I actually like running around in the rain. :joyfull:
Strange I’m pretty much the same as long as I have the right amount of layers on I’m not bothered by cold too much either. Even heat only really bothers me when it gets to the temperatures I already stated and if I have to stay in it for prolonged periods.

In the Parks
No
Strange I’m pretty much the same as long as I have the right amount of layers on I’m not bothered by cold too much either. Even heat only really bothers me when it gets to the temperatures I already stated and if I have to stay in it for prolonged periods.
My feet, hands, and head, and if it is really really cold my face have to stay warm or I am done quick but if they stay warm I am good to go. Heat and especially humidity gets to me.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Wet sawdust within 20 seconds of adding milk.
Less than half way through eating, the flakes have disintegrated into a pulpy mess.

Surely this is not the first time I’ve complained. I even tried another brand (President’s Choice) and it was just as nasty! Two big thumbs down. 👎👎

Special K Red Berry it is. Until Kellogg’s starts messing with that too.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Less than half way through eating, the flakes have disintegrated into a pulpy mess.

Surely this is not the first time I’ve complained. I even tried another brand (President’s Choice) and it was just as nasty! Two big thumbs down. 👎👎

I eat raisin bran crunch haven’t noticed....

NYwdwfan

I like the Aldi Raisin Bran.

PUSH

Original Poster
In Wyoming, we would sometimes have days where only the bus kids would be sent home or not have to come in. We also had a protocol for if the weather turned really fast...all the bus kids had someone in town that could pick them up and they could stay there if the buses couldn't make it in to pick them up. And the churches and town hall would open up for travelers coming through if a storm hit and they were on the road. We didn't have a hotel for a lot of years, so if the road closed, people would be stuck and have nowhere to stay. You said rural, but is the school in town or out in the boonies?
In town. It's a town of around 5,000.

PUSH

Original Poster
I can't take cold, but I am pretty good with heat. This past summer at WDW I was dying when walking around CS my first night, but that was the hottest part of the trip, and I adjusted quickly. I do pretty well in 100+ degree heat and humidity compared to the rest of my family.

I live in the wrong part of the country.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom