Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

trr1

Well....on the 31st of March (so not technically April, May, or June), we're going to adopt a lamb. The city of Rheden has a special day every year where you can go "adopt" a lamb. You pay 25 euros to help feed and take care of a lamb. You get to cuddle the lambs, you can feed them if you want to, but DS doesn't like to do that because he gets his hands dirty. But they have all sorts of things there....they have a market....we always buy Blueberry-cinnamon jam, and they have fresh stroopwaffels, etc...and there are hiking trails, etc. And you can visit the lamb you adopt on certain weekends after that. And the weekend after that, we don't know yet where we're going, but it's the only weekend we don't have something on the calendar, so we're taking advantage of it and making it a family weekend. The next weekend, DD has her musical theater performance and it's DH's birthday, the weekend after that is Easter, the weekend after that is Kings Day. In May, we have a friend's daughter's birthday, DH has Ingress anomalies, I have a choir performance, DD's birthday....every weekend is something, sometimes both days. So our schedule is pretty full, but not everything is outdoor stuff.
are you going to bring the lamb home for dinner?

Nemo14

From there it's just a short drive to the eagle nest we found the other day, so we had to go there! They did not disappoint. As we were driving I noticed one of them flying overhead, and when we arrived she circled several times then landed on the limb next to her mate. Note how much bigger she is than him.

She took off and circled around the golf course and he flew over to the nest.

I'm not sure if there are eaglets in the nest yet - it's probably too early here for them. I know the Pittsburgh ones are just hatching this week, but I'll be checking on these 2 as much as I can in the next few weeks.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
From there it's just a short drive to the eagle nest we found the other day, so we had to go there! They did not disappoint. As we were driving I noticed one of them flying overhead, and when we arrived she circled several times then landed on the limb next to her mate. Note how much bigger she is than him.

Well, you know, couples come in all shapes and sizes. Guess it's no different in the avian world. :p

trr1

has anyone besides me seen Paddle to the Sea Based on Holling C. Holling's book of the same name, Paddle to the Sea is Bill Mason's film adaptation of the classic tale of an Indigenous boy who sets out to carve a man and a canoe. Calling the man "Paddle to the Sea," he sets his carving down on a frozen stream to await spring’s arrival. The film follows the adventures that befall the canoe on its long odyssey from Lake Superior to the sea.

Songbird76

are you going to bring the lamb home for dinner?
Absolutely not....DS would kill us! We told him he should name the lamb "lamb chop" or "shawrma" and he threw an absolute fit. NO NAMES that have to do with the lamb being killed. We had to explain to him that shearing sheep doesn't hurt them, that they actually like it because it's cooler and lighter. He thought you had to kill the sheep to get the wool and he's very protective of sheep. We're not allowed to talk about anything that would hurt or kill a sheep. It's kind of sweet actually...he really looks forward to this every year.

NYwdwfan

Absolutely not....DS would kill us! We told him he should name the lamb "lamb chop" or "shawrma" and he threw an absolute fit. NO NAMES that have to do with the lamb being killed. We had to explain to him that shearing sheep doesn't hurt them, that they actually like it because it's cooler and lighter. He thought you had to kill the sheep to get the wool and he's very protective of sheep. We're not allowed to talk about anything that would hurt or kill a sheep. It's kind of sweet actually...he really looks forward to this every year.
I know a guy who raised chickens. They were names Teriyaki, Buffalo, Barbeque and Fried.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom