Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
We have a large lobby window and glass doors which allows the sun to bake the inside for a few hours every afternoon. It's only noticeable when it's over 65 or so outside. When it's warm out, our A/C simply can't compete. Anything cooler, and it stays pretty close to room temperature in here. Fall and Winter = nice. Spring - Summer = not so much.
How go the renovations? I’ve been waiting patiently for refurbed room pics.

Songbird76

We have a large lobby window and glass doors which allows the sun to bake the inside for a few hours every afternoon. It's only noticeable when it's over 65 or so outside. When it's warm out, our A/C simply can't compete. Anything cooler, and it stays pretty close to room temperature in here. Fall and Winter = nice. Spring - Summer = not so much.
So you don't have an adequate AC system...how old is your building? That's what my husband does....calculations for what kind of a heating and AC system are needed to keep up with the weather. That and energy labels for how energy efficient a building is or is not. I'm sorry your AC doesn't work well enough. Our house has wall to wall windows that face the sun all day (South). So in the summer, when it gets at all warm, it's misreable. DD's room is the worst because her room is the one with the window on that side of the house, and upstairs, and it's a smaller space than, say, the living room. So she's got a room that heats up faster, and that catches heat coming from below, along with the sun coming in through her window the whole day. It's not unusual for her room to be well over 100 F. We don't have AC at all.

PUSH

Original Poster
Starting May 1, Disney will ban smoking anywhere inside the parks. And they will also start restricting stroller sizes.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Looks like less Canadians will be visiting. :p Y'all smoke way more than Americans...maybe because it is freezing!
Canada is 67th on the list; y’all are 69th - not really that big a difference given the much larger percentage of people here who are recent immigrants.
As somebody who doesn't smoke, it bothers me zero percent.
As someone who HATES smoking, lost two parents to smoking related illnesses - I say good luck with that.

35’ish days notice is a ridiculous amount of advance warning to announce what is a ginormous change in policy for a large number of people.

People will just get sneaky and smoke wherever they want. I imagine that restrooms will be prime locations for those who can’t/won’t follow the rules. So easy to flush the evidence and there are no cameras there.

As a middle aged woman who has had two children, I can choose to skirt around designated smoking areas whereas I cannot skip visiting the washrooms. a) I pee A LOT. b) That’s where I do half of my live trip updates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom