Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Waving hi this morning to @Eric1955 . Anything new or interesting happening in your neck of the woods lately? (Then again, it would be hard to top discovering a Dole Pineapple Whip location, well beyond the borders of WDW!) ;)

Easter is April 21, so I assume your church will have some nice get-togethers with parishoners around the holiday. Back when you lived in Florida, your church hosted some tasty meal events (at various times during the year). So, I'm thinking that maybe some similar activities might take place at your present church.

Songbird76

Who wants to share some outdoor plans that you have for April, May, or June?
Well....on the 31st of March (so not technically April, May, or June), we're going to adopt a lamb. The city of Rheden has a special day every year where you can go "adopt" a lamb. You pay 25 euros to help feed and take care of a lamb. You get to cuddle the lambs, you can feed them if you want to, but DS doesn't like to do that because he gets his hands dirty. But they have all sorts of things there....they have a market....we always buy Blueberry-cinnamon jam, and they have fresh stroopwaffels, etc...and there are hiking trails, etc. And you can visit the lamb you adopt on certain weekends after that. And the weekend after that, we don't know yet where we're going, but it's the only weekend we don't have something on the calendar, so we're taking advantage of it and making it a family weekend. The next weekend, DD has her musical theater performance and it's DH's birthday, the weekend after that is Easter, the weekend after that is Kings Day. In May, we have a friend's daughter's birthday, DH has Ingress anomalies, I have a choir performance, DD's birthday....every weekend is something, sometimes both days. So our schedule is pretty full, but not everything is outdoor stuff.

Songbird76

Went back to the doctor today (for something unrelated) and she thinks I need surgery for the meniscal tear. At least that surgeon is local.

8 1/2 inches! I swear that’s the total height of how far I fell off the stepladder in December. 🙄
Well, my Jr. High band teacher used to say "If you're going to make a mistake, make it a big one." I guess you we're just making sure it was big enough that you'd never make that mistake again?

SteveBrickNJ

Well....on the 31st of March (so not technically April, May, or June), we're going to adopt a lamb. The city of Rheden has a special day every year where you can go "adopt" a lamb. You pay 25 euros to help feed and take care of a lamb. You get to cuddle the lambs, you can feed them if you want to, but DS doesn't like to do that because he gets his hands dirty. But they have all sorts of things there....they have a market....we always buy Blueberry-cinnamon jam, and they have fresh stroopwaffels, etc...and there are hiking trails, etc. And you can visit the lamb you adopt on certain weekends after that. And the weekend after that, we don't know yet where we're going, but it's the only weekend we don't have something on the calendar, so we're taking advantage of it and making it a family weekend. The next weekend, DD has her musical theater performance and it's DH's birthday, the weekend after that is Easter, the weekend after that is Kings Day. In May, we have a friend's daughter's birthday, DH has Ingress anomalies, I have a choir performance, DD's birthday....every weekend is something, sometimes both days. So our schedule is pretty full, but not everything is outdoor stuff.
Lot's of good stuff.
I'm sure you'll enjoy adopting a lamb :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom