Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
View attachment 787095

We NEVER ate McDonald’s when we were kids. My dad hated it. Called it The Rubber Meat Factory. (Plus, we didn’t have that kind of money. Four kids, stay at home mom.)
We never ate there as kids either. Not having a golden arches locally made that real easy lol.
Still don't have one here. No BK , Starbys , or any of the big chains.

Goofyernmost

I took Daisy for a walk yesterday. The parks & rec guy was using the huge riding lawnmower (with the extendable side mowers) and tackling the long overgrown park grass.

No bagger, so the grass was just shooting everywhere, including the sidewalk.

It was just beginning to sprinkle, so we started booking it. Sadly, the grass that shot onto the sidewalk was slick. I didn’t even see it until I hit the concrete. Hard.

I have a huge bruise on my (replaced) right hip, as well as my right knee. My right shoulder is very sore, as is my left foot. I originally thought I’d turned my ankle, but after icing didn’t help, I realized it was the lateral part of the top of my foot. Abraded my palms too. One bled. One just hurt.

That’s it, that’s all. Just a dull ache today pretty much ALL OVER. I’ll live, but dang it hurt. Also, a little embarrassing sitting on the wet sidewalk for a minute or two, determining if I could get up, while dude in the mower was wrestling with whether he should come help me. I would have appreciated the hand honestly, but Daisy would never have let him near enough to help me up.

Moral of the story, don’t book it just because it’s starting to rain. By the time I finally got up and limped the rest of the way home, I was soaked anyway.
I am truly starting to believe that you are indeed the reason the phrase "an accident waiting to happen" was coined. 🤕

Goofyernmost

We never ate there as kids either. Not having a golden arches locally made that real easy lol.
I didn't eat there as a kid either because in my early childhood, they didn't exist, at least on the east coast. Where I was raised the big things were Michigan Red Hots, Hot Dogs. They were great and we had a number of Hot dog restaurants (drive in's) in our small town.

P.S. They weren't really "red hot" they were just covered in a fairly mild chili, tasty type sauce in a steamed hot dog roll.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I didn't eat there as a kid either because in my early childhood, they didn't exist, at least on the east coast. Where I was raised the big things were Michigan Red Hots, Hot Dogs. They were great and we had a number of Hot dog restaurants (drive in's) in our small town.

P.S. They weren't really "red hot" they were just covered in a fairly mild chili, tasty type sauce in a steamed hot dog roll.
As a kid, I remember Burger King, but not any of the other well-known fast food chains. They eventually came in, but I recall only BK was around for quite some time, before the others came in my area.

Parents took us to BK a few times, and it was a very big deal! :joyfull: Also, my grandmother loved it, because the prices were so cheap. She never met a bargain that she could resist! :D

trr1

My Mom worked at Gino's for a while in the late 60's early 70's and with her discount we were able to eat there a few times and when I was in High school I was the second generation to work at the same location
1716499649515.png

1716499726809.png

1716499986321.png

SteveBrickNJ

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I lost another brother in law today. At least we knew this one was coming, and had more than a month to visit regularly and say our good-byes.

We were the host family for the D-Family Boxing Day get together last year, and we tried so hard to wrangle everyone together for a family photo. It never happened - a couple of families arrived very late, a few people were absent due to COVID, and we just couldn’t muster enough interest among the remaining 40+ people to do a partial group photo.

We should have just said to heck with the second and third generation and taken an “Original 7, plus spouses” pic, ‘cause now we’re down two members, and it’s too late.

Moral of the story: take the damn photos; you can always delete them if they’re trash, but once the moment has passed, you’re out of luck.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I lost another brother in law today. At least we knew this one was coming, and had more than a month to visit regularly and say our good-byes.

We were the host family for the D-Family Boxing Day get together last year, and we tried so hard to wrangle everyone together for a family photo. It never happened - a couple of families arrived very late, a few people were absent due to COVID, and we just couldn’t muster enough interest among the remaining 40+ people to do a partial group photo.

We should have just said to heck with the second and third generation and taken an “Original 7, plus spouses” pic, ‘cause now we’re down two members, and it’s too late.

Moral of the story: take the damn photos; you can always delete them if they’re trash, but once the moment has passed, you’re out of luck.
1716576746570.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom