Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Lilofan

Maybe.
The Giants fans are not remarkably different from the Eagles fans. I don't think the Giants players will feel intimidated.
Additionally, I've been listening to NY's Sports Radio Station (WFAN) and they make 2 points:
1) The quarterback for the Giants ( Daniel Jones) is playing great
2) The Giants have a lot of confidence right now.
They certainly could win.
(I hope not)
What a beat down the Eagles did to the Giants. I saw Jalen Hurts last summer in a hotel. He’s not the same guy I saw this weekend on TV. His body is all jacked up, probably spending much time in the gym.

SteveBrickNJ

What a beat down the Eagles did to the Giants. I saw Jalen Hurts last summer in a hotel. He’s not the same guy I saw this weekend on TV. His body is all jacked up, probably spending much time in the gym.
It was an impressive win.
Today we'll see if next week the Eagles will play the 49ers or the Cowboys.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Splash is at 200 minutes now.
I’ve been following the wait times on the app and Twitter all day. I feel sad. Splash was always one of my three favourite attractions at WDW - and once they unfortunately changed Soarin’, Splash was tied with ToT for my favourite all around attraction.

It had decent length, catchy tunes, many animatronics, numerous delightful drops, charming characters, jumping fountains, some fun outdoor portions of the ride, and the will I or won’t I chance of getting really, really wet.

I wish Tiana could have had her own purpose built attraction - she deserves it, but alas …. All that needs to be said regarding the “why” of Splash’s eviction has been said thousands of times in the dedicated thread.

Let’s hope they do a great job welcoming the new tenant. May the ride remain heavy on animatronics, replete with delightful music we’ll be singing all day long, and hopefully not just be a bunch of screens and projections.

Time to be moving along.

PUSH

Original Poster
I’ve been following the wait times on the app and Twitter all day. I feel sad. Splash was always one of my three favourite attractions at WDW - and once they unfortunately changed Soarin’, Splash was tied with ToT for my favourite all around attraction.

It had decent length, catchy tunes, many animatronics, numerous delightful drops, charming characters, jumping fountains, some fun outdoor portions of the ride, and the will I or won’t I chance of getting really, really wet.

I wish Tiana could have had her own purpose built attraction - she deserves it, but alas …. All that needs to be said regarding the “why” of Splash’s eviction has been said thousands of times in the dedicated thread.

Let’s hope they do a great job welcoming the new tenant. May the ride remain heavy on animatronics, replete with delightful music we’ll be singing all day long, and hopefully not just be a bunch of screens and projections.

Time to be moving along.
Splash was my #2 attraction. My top three were HM, Splash, ToT in that order.

I, too, hope they go heavy on animatronics. Screens just aren't the same. I'm more impressed by an animatronic from the 70s than I am with screens from the 2010s. If I wanted to watch something on a screen, I could do that at home.

PUSH

Original Poster
@JenniferS, what Disney World accounts do you follow on Twitter? My Twitter is 50% Packers, 50% Survivor. I wouldn't mind splitting it into thirds. I prefer factual/logical accounts, rather than TMZ-style clickbait.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
@JenniferS, what Disney World accounts do you follow on Twitter? My Twitter is 50% Packers, 50% Survivor. I wouldn't mind splitting it into thirds. I prefer factual/logical accounts, rather than TMZ-style clickbait.
Some Disney World, some Disneyland, no Packers or Survivor ….
I follow a lot of the same people/pages on Facebook and YouTube as well.

44FE76BC-E08A-4BE1-8873-6BBDC290589E.jpeg

8BF74657-A4EE-446A-B442-DE9ED6E96F26.jpeg094BBCA8-B567-40F6-A5BE-0A3F49AE16B2.jpegB18F0B31-28DC-43BC-8320-8B5AE7014D65.jpegB5938330-C8C6-4D0C-9C9E-93DADBC1BADC.jpegEC0DD043-28BB-4259-AD3B-617AA6EA3583.jpeg7F465C86-6005-46DE-9EB2-112531B81C50.jpeg6599DED5-31FC-4F29-A01F-252B81AE8873.jpeg

PUSH

Original Poster

Goofyernmost

Splash was my #2 attraction. My top three were HM, Splash, ToT in that order.

I, too, hope they go heavy on animatronics. Screens just aren't the same. I'm more impressed by an animatronic from the 70s than I am with screens from the 2010s. If I wanted to watch something on a screen, I could do that at home.
Really? You have those giant screens projecting 3D images at home. How much do teachers get paid these days? ;)

Goofyernmost

Getting paid for all those summers off is a sweet deal!

I feel the need to clarify that this is sarcasm, and teachers do not get paid for the days they don't work. This includes winter and spring breaks.
If tenured, the salaries are based on the year and back when I did payroll for a school system in Vermont the yearly pay equaled or came close to what others were making working for 12 months. Technically they were not getting paid during the time they were off in the summer, but basically paid the equivalent for the year. The theory was that to remain current they encouraged teachers to take courses in the summer and occasionally get paid extra for things going on in the school. I forget what they called that now. The rest of the staff, teachers aides, were not paid during time off, they were all paid hourly.

Now, please don't mistake what I just said as being critical of that procedure. If it weren't for that we would probably have no teachers at all due to the inability of the public to see past this moment and properly compensate teachers for putting up with their snot nosed demons all day while they sat at home eating bon - bons or something. The wage of teachers is not paying for what their value is. But, I still think it would have been nice to have most of the summer off when I was working. Here in NC there was a movement on a few years ago to have school year round. Most of the schools built within the last 20+ years all have AC. I have no grandkids in the loop at the moment so I don't really know where things are now. I do know that there are some operating year round now. Of course, they were afforded other school breaks during the year that added up to about the same number of school days. As far as I remember, there are about 9 or 10 in North Carolina. They aren't really completely year round, there is a five week break in the summer to stop and take a breath, take a vacation or extensive mental health therapy. We amazingly probably have more snow days then up north because a half inch of snow stops absolutely everything for up to a week or more, if it stays below freezing.

NYwdwfan

Further to my comment ….

If indeed this truly is Splash Mountain water, then a whole lot of dummies did NOT heed this sign:

View attachment 694432

Be a shame to lose a few fingers on the ride’s last day of operation. They would have had to shut it down, look for the missing appendages, and drain the water.
They just collected it when they bailed out their sinking boat.

Lilofan

It was an impressive win.
Today we'll see if next week the Eagles will play the 49ers or the Cowboys.
If the Eagles beats SF, I think whoever they play in the Super Bowl the Eagles are going to be champions again. City workers in Philly nicknamed the Crisco Cops need to apply grease to the light poles in Philly prior to the SB celebration similar to the last celebration .

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
If the Eagles beats SF, I think whoever they play in the Super Bowl the Eagles are going to be champions again. City workers in Philly nicknamed the Crisco Cops need to apply grease to the light poles in Philly prior to the SB celebration similar to the last celebration .
Crisco - there’s a word you don’t hear very often anymore … unless you’re a baker.

(Which I am not. 😂)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
If tenured, the salaries are based on the year and back when I did payroll for a school system in Vermont the yearly pay equaled or came close to what others were making working for 12 months. Technically they were not getting paid during the time they were off in the summer, but basically paid the equivalent for the year. The theory was that to remain current they encouraged teachers to take courses in the summer and occasionally get paid extra for things going on in the school. I forget what they called that now. The rest of the staff, teachers aides, were not paid during time off, they were all paid hourly.

Now, please don't mistake what I just said as being critical of that procedure. If it weren't for that we would probably have no teachers at all due to the inability of the public to see past this moment and properly compensate teachers for putting up with their snot nosed demons all day while they sat at home eating bon - bons or something. The wage of teachers is not paying for what their value is. But, I still think it would have been nice to have most of the summer off when I was working. Here in NC there was a movement on a few years ago to have school year round. Most of the schools built within the last 20+ years all have AC. I have no grandkids in the loop at the moment so I don't really know where things are now. I do know that there are some operating year round now. Of course, they were afforded other school breaks during the year that added up to about the same number of school days. As far as I remember, there are about 9 or 10 in North Carolina. They aren't really completely year round, there is a five week break in the summer to stop and take a breath, take a vacation or extensive mental health therapy. We amazingly probably have more snow days then up north because a half inch of snow stops absolutely everything for up to a week or more, if it stays below freezing.
Most teachers in Ontario elect to have their 10 month salary paid over the course of 12 months, in 26 bi-weekly payments.

More than 26% of Ontario teachers are on the “Sunshine List” - an annual published list of public sector workers earning $100K or more/year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom