Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Funny story from yesterday:
Prior to the ceremony in the coldish, shaded tent, we were all standing around in the bright sunshine chit-chatting. A lady on her own (about 15 years younger than me), walks past, looks at me, does a double take, and says, "Jennifer?"
I say, "Hey, how are you?"
"Good, blah, blah, blah ..." and she continues on.

Mike says to me, "Who is that?" I answer, "No idea."
Somebody in our group mentions that she is the Pastor's wife, which is zero help, as no one knows the Pastor's name.

So, I'm wracking my brain ... thinking of every church I've ever attended ... trying to place the face ... going through the alphabet, reciting girl's names.

Zip. Zero. Zilch!
The alphabet trick NEVER fails me.

Three quarters through the ceremony, the penny drops. IT'S MY FREAKIN' DOCTOR!!!

My doctor. Mike's doctor. Son #1's doctor. Son #2's doctor. My mom's doctor. My dad's palliative care doctor. Bro #2's doctor. Tammy's doctor. Bro #3's entire family's doctor.

Told you I was terrible with faces!

At the end of the ceremony, I went up to her, gave her a huge hug, and confessed my sins. Soooo embarrassing.
While I was at it, I admitted that I've been avoiding her for the past two years since I gained all this weight, and that I was afraid she would yell at me. She said of course, she wouldn't yell at me.

(Now that this awkward moment has already passed, maybe I should just go ahead and book my physical. :facepalm: It's only been three years.)

NYwdwfan

Prior to the ceremony in the coldish, shaded tent, we were all standing around in the bright sunshine chit-chatting. A lady on her own (about 15 years younger than me), walks past, looks at me, does a double take, and says, "Jennifer?"

Somebody in our group mentions that she is the Pastor's wife, which is zero help, as no one knows the Pastor's name.

So, I'm wracking my brain ... thinking of every church I've ever attended ... trying to place the face ... going through the alphabet, reciting girl's names.

Zip. Zero. Zilch!

Three quarters through the ceremony, the penny drops. IT'S MY FREAKIN' DOCTOR!!!

My doctor. Mike's doctor. Son #1's doctor. Son #2's doctor. My mom's doctor. My dad's palliative care doctor. Bro #2's doctor. Tammy's doctor. Bro #3's entire family's doctor.

At the end of the ceremony, I went up to her, gave her a huge hug, and confessed my sins. Soooo embarrassing.
While I was at it, I admitted that I've been avoiding her for the past two years since I gained all this weight, and that I was afraid she would yell at me. She said of course, she wouldn't yell at me.

(Now that this awkward moment has already passed, maybe I should just go ahead and book my physical. :facepalm: It's only been three years.)

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

That is something that would happen to me.

Goofyernmost

Zip. Zero. Zilch!

It comforting to know that you and your Doctor are that close. Jennifer, Jennifer, Jennifer... there are times that you worry me a little. Maybe I shouldn't go to Europe and leave you on your own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom