Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Songbird76

This is where security cams are your best friend.
I have 7 cameras at my office - 5 inside and 2 outside. Do I like being on camera every minute of my work day, not really; but I do appreciate the peace of mind they afford.
We have cameras, but the laws are really weird here and you can't actually view the footage. Like, one time a woman came into the store I worked in before and she was looking around and set her phone down somewhere and couldn't remember where. She came and asked if we could look at video footage to see if we could see where she put it, but we weren't allowed to view the recordings. And even for things like shoplifting...like, we aren't allowed to accuse someone of shoplifting even if they put something in their bag and walk out of the store. We HAVE to treat it like a mistake and give them a chance to pay for it. Only if they refuse to pay for it can we call the police. There are very limited circumstances in which you are allowed to view footage....I think only police are allowed to ask for it if they suspect a crime has been committed. We can't use footage to prove someone was shoplifting, because you can't prove they INTENDED to steal it.

trr1

October National Dayshttps://www.nationaldaycalendar.com/national-day

OCTOBER 18 | Birthdays and Events
INTERNATIONAL LEGGING DAY | October 18
NATIONAL EXASCALE DAY | October 18
NATIONAL NO BEARD DAY | October 18
NATIONAL CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE DAY | October 18
NATIONAL MAMMOGRAPHY DAY | Third Friday in October

OCTOBER 19 | Birthdays and Events
NATIONAL WHOLE HOG BARBECUE DAY | Third Saturday in October
NATIONAL KENTUCKY DAY - October 19
NATIONAL SEAFOOD BISQUE DAY - October 19
NATIONAL SWEETEST DAY - Third Saturday in October
NATIONAL LGBT CENTER AWARENESS DAY - October 19

OCTOBER 20 | Birthdays and Events

NATIONAL CHICKEN AND WAFFLES DAY - October 20
NATIONAL YOUTH CONFIDENCE DAY - October 20
NATIONAL BRANDIED FRUIT DAY - October 20

NATIONAL APPLE DAY | October 21
BACK TO THE FUTURE DAY | October 21
NATIONAL WITCH HAZEL DAY - October 21
NATIONAL REPTILE AWARENESS DAY - October 21
NATIONAL PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE DAY - October 21
NATIONAL CLEAN YOUR VIRTUAL DESKTOP DAY - Third Monday in October

NATIONAL TAVERN-STYLE PIZZA DAY | October 22
NATIONAL MAKE A DOG'S DAY - October 22
NATIONAL COLOR DAY - October 22
NATIONAL NUT DAY - October 22

NATIONAL HORROR MOVIE DAY | October 23
NATIONAL BOSTON CREAM PIE DAY - October 23
SWALLOWS DEPART FROM SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO DAY - October 23
NATIONAL MOLE DAY - October 23
NATIONAL TV TALK SHOW HOST DAY - October 23
IPOD DAY - October 23
MEDICAL ASSISTANTS RECOGNITION DAY - Wednesday of Third Full Week in October

NATIONAL BOLOGNA DAY - October 24
NATIONAL FOOD DAY - October 24

International days

INTERNATIONAL LEGGING DAY | October 18

MASTOCYTOSIS & MAST CELL DISEASE DAY | October 20
DAY OF THE AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER | October 20
INTERNATIONAL CHEFS DAY | October 20

UNITED NATIONS DAY - October 24

Songbird76

It's more difficult because stores tend to just give into pressure for fear of losing customers. I hold that they are that way because management is afraid to say no. The only thing that would happen if they refused is that the word would get out that the store in question would not be a good place to try a con. That is what happens when they ethically give in to entitled people. All that does is increase the cost of business and you don't gain or lose any customers that you really want. Do they really want to encourage people to cheat when it results in higher prices for honest people.

It's sort of like how Disney did, and probably still do, ignore people that cut in line. All that ever did was anger the people that were cut in front of making them wonder if that is a place they want to be instead of making the person that cut angry. It just doesn't make any sense. The numbers don't work out. But, all it takes is loud talk to get their own way. I suspect as a child they were taught that if you scream long enough and loud enough you will get what you want. The true meaning of arrested development.
Unfortunately, these entitled customers don't restrict their commentary to the store employees, so it can actually cost us business. They'll scream to anyone and everyone, and they will make stuff up to try to pressure the business into complying. If this woman wants to, she can go around telling everyone we threw kleenex at her...it's her word against ours. We know we didn't do that, but only the customers who witnessed the interaction know that. So she can cause some serious problems for us in the hopes that we'll give in so that she'll call off the dogs. She could call the media if she wanted to...I don't know that we would be allowed to use the video footage to prove it was slander. It's easier for the head office to just call and tell us we have to give her what she wants so she DOESN'T lose us business.

And as for kids learning if they scream enough, they get their way...if I had a nickel! There were 2 kids with their parents and the older kid had the younger kid with his arm around his neck and was dragging him backwards, dangerously close to clothing racks on one side and home decor, some of it glass, on the other. The parents were less than 5 feet away, looking at the kids, and didn't say a word. So I told the kids this wasn't a playground and it wasn't safe to be wrestling in the store. The little one started crying and the parents looked at me like I was horrible and left the store. I got in trouble with my boss because it lost us business. I was like, if telling kids "no" loses us business, better that than that they knock over a display and get seriously injured and get sued by the parents because it was unsafe. And I had a woman in the store with a baby...like....around a year old. But she was in the store for hours, and the baby kept crying and she was just ignoring the kid. Finally she comes up to me and asks me where the candy is. I point it out to her, she grabs a lollypop, and says "I pay later??" And I said no, she would have to pay right away, BUT that we don't allow consumption of food or drink in the store. The baby can not have the sucker while you are shopping. So what does she do? She gives it to her baby still in the wrapper. Which, seriously, not only is that a huge choking hazard for a child that little, but she also did not PAY for it before giving it to her, and I certainly couldn't have sold it anymore if she decided to put it back once she was done shopping. Fortunately I had a paper with the barcode for those suckers at the cash register, so when she came up to the register and her baby still had the sucker in her hand and was gumming away at it, I scanned/charged her for it even though she didn't put it up with the rest of her purchases. She did eventually remember to tell me her kid had the lolly, but it made me mad that she gave it to the kid AFTER I told her her kid couldn't have it and that she'd have to pay for it before giving it to her kid.

I also had a kid about 4 who grabbed some candy and when mom said no, he put it in his mouth so mom would HAVE to buy it. Had one of MY kids tried that, I would have asked the cashier to ring it up and throw it in the trash where my kid could see and then we'd be out of the store and my kid wouldn't be getting any treats for a while. You don't reward bad behavior. But mom paid for it because she had to, and then let him keep it. I was like...yeah, that's WHY the kid does that. If you give it to him, he's going to do that every time you're in a store. Congratulations....you just taught your kid that if he puts it in his mouth, you'll buy it for him. If you take it away, pay for it, and throw it in the garbage, they learn that that kind of manipulation doesn't work.

The things I see, man....

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom