Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
Day 1 of summer school is in the books! I have to get used to waking up early again. I have a games class, a drawing class, and a water explorations class. For the water class, we just do things with water... arts & crafts, experiments, and then every Thursday we're going to play water games.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Day 1 of summer school is in the books! I have to get used to waking up early again. I have a games class, a drawing class, and a water explorations class. For the water class, we just do things with water... arts & crafts, experiments, and then every Thursday we're going to play water games.
Sounds ... wet.

PUSH

Original Poster
Sounds ... wet.
I do water games at the end of the year with my class. It's my favorite day of the year. We spend a couple hours outside, they bring their swimsuits to change into, and they love it. This is nothing to that extent, though. It's only an hour-long class... less with transitions.

I've never done the water class before. I've done games and drawings the past couple years, but I never liked the third class I've done, so I've tried a new one every year. I think this one will be fun, though.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Air fryers are amazing inventions. The only thing I don't like about them is the cleaning. They're a pain, but it's worth it to not have to wait for the oven to heat up. I hardly ever use the oven. Plus, it makes the food crispy, which I approve of.

I agree, air fryers are fantastic. Mine isn't too hard to wash but not having to use the oven is nice for somethings and there are some items that actually taste better after using the air fryer, like pizza rolls.

SteveBrickNJ

Air fryers are amazing inventions. The only thing I don't like about them is the cleaning. They're a pain, but it's worth it to not have to wait for the oven to heat up. I hardly ever use the oven. Plus, it makes the food crispy, which I approve of.
IF your air fryer basket is big enough....and IF the quantity of food you are heating is not really big...you can copy my wife and put the food in square glassware and then lower that glassware into the air fryer basket and heat it as per usual. This method allows the food to be heated yet prevents the need to scrub clean the basket.😉

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

I agree, air fryers are fantastic. Mine isn't too hard to wash but not having to use the oven is nice for somethings and there are some items that actually taste better after using the air fryer, like pizza rolls.
I like crispy food, too! I don't have an air fryer yet, dont know what foods I cook that would do well in them, p!us the counter space...sometimes in summer we think about getting a toaster oven (because we're old and one of us grew up with a toaster oven)

PUSH

Original Poster
I like crispy food, too! I don't have an air fryer yet, dont know what foods I cook that would do well in them, p!us the counter space...sometimes in summer we think about getting a toaster oven (because we're old and one of us grew up with a toaster oven)
I do most of my frozen food in the air fryer... chicken patties, garlic bread, fries, etc.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

I was worried about the counter space (I have a very small kitchen) too but I use it so much it is worth the loss of space. I do a lot more than frozen foods. I cook basically any kind of meat with it, steaks, hamburgers, chicken and pork chops turn out wonderfully. I have even made nachos. My husband makes chicken wings in it and it does taste like they are fried. My air fryer also has a dehydrate setting which I might try out as I have a lot of extra basil and I usually just dry it in the oven. Oh and I also use it for reheating foods too. I think air fryers and toaster ovens are very similar.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
We have a toaster oven, an air fryer, and a crockpot at the apartment. We’ve used the oven once since we’ve been here!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I also.lack a crockpot or any kind of slow cooker...im.a dinosaur.
Even I can use a crockpot and not mess up a recipe! :p I think if you tried one, you'd really like it. Very EASY to use, and all you do is dump in the food (like a simple stew recipe, for example) and hours later, it's cooked! (Another benefit is that you don't heat up the kitchen even more, during hot summer months. All the heat is inside the crockpot only.)

There's always something to be said for a 1-pan, complete meal! (They also sell disposable liners that you can toss out after cooking, if you don't like spending time to clean out the crockpot.)

I also have an Instapot, but I don't like it -- too many steps, etc . It just gathers dust in the closet at this point . . .

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Even I can use a crockpot and not mess up a recipe! :p I think if you tried one, you'd really like it. Very EASY to use, and all you do is dump in the food (like a simple stew recipe, for example) and hours later, it's cooked! (Another benefit is that you don't heat up the kitchen even more, during hot summer months. All the heat is inside the crockpot only.)

There's always something to be said for a 1-pan, complete meal! (They also sell disposable liners that you can toss out after cooking, if you don't like spending time to clean out the crockpot.)

I also have an Instapot, but I don't like it -- too many steps, etc . It just gathers dust in the closet at this point . . .
I like crock pot cooking too, especially during the school year when I can come home to a fully cooked meal. I actually have 4 crockpots of varying sizes. I do not have an instatpot though, pressure cookers kind of scare me. I'm afraid of them blowing up.

Last edited:

FutureCEO

I have an Instapot but mostly use it as a crockpot, risotto maker, etc. Like if I wanted to saute chicken or something, I think it taste a lot better on the stove.

Like I had a microwave for college and it blew out at my last apartment, I didn't bother to replace it. I just used the stove and oven.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom