Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
Do you have actual snow days or does your district go virtual when closed? Here it was a big deal because the kids got an actual snow day in some places instead of a virtual day. Most districts still build extra days in even if they don't have old fashioned snow days
We have a few days built in, but my guess is we'll start doing "learn at home" days. It's a way to count minutes, but the kids really don't do anything. We send a menu of options home and ask them to complete 3-5 activities.

FutureCEO

I don't get it. They just opened up a Raising Cane's here in the state. The line was crazy and traffic was everywhere for it. A person they interviewed said they had lunch and dinner there. All they sell is chicken fingers. I understand it's new but I don't understand the fascination with new fast food places. It's not like its healthy for people to go to everyday. Chick fil A was another one.

rshell68

We got some very bad news this morning. Mike’s brother Pat (best man at our wedding) passed away this morning … in a plane en route to Hawaii, about 90 minutes short of the airport.

They’re assuming heart attack. Medical coroner only has to conduct an external examination of the body; no autopsy.

There were four different medical personnel among the passengers. He was zapped 30 times, given 4 shots of adrenaline, oxygen, IV … about 90 minutes from the airport.

His wife figures he was gone before they even got him into the aisle to work on him.

Must have been terrifying for her.

NOTHING on FB. Ruth is still tracking down her side. Mike’s siblings all know.
Oh Jennifer, I am so sorry to read this! Prayers to all of you!!!

rshell68

He did, it was a great night for the whole family and I’m glad my dad stayed in so he could attend too. They had lots of photos taken in the lobby of the theater to mark the occasion and will treasure them.

My wonderful uncle passed away on Sunday 14 Jan. I’m still weepy and likely will be for some time. Funeral director estimated that 1500 people queued for an average of 45 minutes in cold showery weather to pay their respects on Tuesday night (when I heard that I couldnt help thinking of WDW wait times!) but we had a nice sunny day (although very very cold) on Weds for the funeral. I’m still in Ireland and will return to NY tomorrow.
I am so sorry to read of your loss. Prayers to you and your family.
timelapse flowers GIF

Lilofan

I don't get it. They just opened up a Raising Cane's here in the state. The line was crazy and traffic was everywhere for it. A person they interviewed said they had lunch and dinner there. All they sell is chicken fingers. I understand it's new but I don't understand the fascination with new fast food places. It's not like its healthy for people to go to everyday. Chick fil A was another one.
When Wawa opened up the first FL location near Orlando Sea World it was such a big deal with many that came for the Grand Opening including FL Gov Rick Scott for the ribbon cutting. The same with White Castle when opening up their first FL location near WDW . Many waited in line in their cars the night before the location opened the next day.

Last edited:

Songbird76

It's right... Dutch people are totally obsessed with it. Even before it really gets cold, there is speculation about whether it will happen this year finally!
Americans seem to think we get snow here all the time because of the story of Hans Brinker and the silver skates, but that was written by an American who had never even been to the Netherlands. It's not particularly accurate.

SteveBrickNJ

I just went thru the drive thru at KFC . I ordered a chicken breast and a small Pepsi. It was not a combo meal so the Chicken was $4.49. Guess how much they charged me for the Pepsi?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom