Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
He did, it was a great night for the whole family and I’m glad my dad stayed in so he could attend too. They had lots of photos taken in the lobby of the theater to mark the occasion and will treasure them.

My wonderful uncle passed away on Sunday 14 Jan. I’m still weepy and likely will be for some time. Funeral director estimated that 1500 people queued for an average of 45 minutes in cold showery weather to pay their respects on Tuesday night (when I heard that I couldnt help thinking of WDW wait times!) but we had a nice sunny day (although very very cold) on Weds for the funeral. I’m still in Ireland and will return to NY tomorrow.
So sorry to hear that your uncle has passed. It’s nice that your dad got a special evening with him and I’m hoping you were able to have some time with him before he passed too.

Goofyernmost

Thank you everyone for thoughts and good wishes.

Unfortunately, just like with my brother Mark, none of his siblings will get to see him. Sudden death, no illness, no warning, no chance to say goodbye … it ends up feeling surreal. In your head, every once in a while, your brain says - nah, maybe he’s not really dead.

And then weeks and months go by without that person calling you, initiating every telephone conversation with “How is ya?”, and reality starts to set in. Reality bites.
Sorry to hear about that Jennifer! My condolences to the whole family. I wish I could say that reality is always a wonderful thing, but it is very fickle and part of the thing we call life.

Last edited:

Figgy1

He did, it was a great night for the whole family and I’m glad my dad stayed in so he could attend too. They had lots of photos taken in the lobby of the theater to mark the occasion and will treasure them.

My wonderful uncle passed away on Sunday 14 Jan. I’m still weepy and likely will be for some time. Funeral director estimated that 1500 people queued for an average of 45 minutes in cold showery weather to pay their respects on Tuesday night (when I heard that I couldnt help thinking of WDW wait times!) but we had a nice sunny day (although very very cold) on Weds for the funeral. I’m still in Ireland and will return to NY tomorrow.
Monsters Inc Hug GIF

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.

I went with the sad reaction emoji, but love is equally applicable.

I’m so pleased he was able to attend the concert and take many photos. Obviously I am sad he passed, but I hope your family finds solace knowing that he is no longer in pain.

Songbird76

I'm sorry for your loss! You have every reason to be weepy....we're here. Safe travels!!

JenniferS

We picked up Mike’s SIL from the airport. Her daughter and family were waiting for her at the house, so we let them have their time alone.

Then we went to the grocery store and picked up the fixings for a Sunday roast beef dinner. Since when has a 10-lb bag of potatoes cost $6.99? I’m seriously considering telling grocery stores how much I think something should cost and see if we can haggle to a mutually agreeable price somewhere in the middle.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We picked up Mike’s SIL from the airport. Her daughter and family were waiting for her at the house, so we let them have their time alone.

Then we went to the grocery store and picked up the fixings for a Sunday roast beef dinner. Since when has a 10-lb bag of potatoes cost $6.99? I’m seriously considering telling grocery stores how much I think something should cost and see if we can haggle to a mutually agreeable price somewhere in the middle.
I'm not familiar with prices on heavy 10-pound bags of potatoes. When I buy potatoes, I buy 2 (not 2 pounds, just 2 russet, baking potatoes). That's usually around $2.50-ish. So $6.99 for 10 pounds doesn't sound bad. (Maybe the potatoes up in your area were usually much cheaper than down here?)

JenniferS

I'm not familiar with prices on heavy 10-pound bags of potatoes. When I buy potatoes, I buy 2 (not 2 pounds, just 2 russet, baking potatoes). That's usually around $2.50-ish. So $6.99 for 10 pounds doesn't sound bad. (Maybe the potatoes up in your area were usually much cheaper than down here?)
10 lb bag was $3.99 pre-pandemic.

Figgy1

10 lb bag was $3.99 pre-pandemic.
50 pounds organic $25 at the farm market last season
Last week regular russets were 1.99 per 5, guess who has hopefully 2 months of potatoes, maybe 2 months, oh heck who am I kidding:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: and don't ask how many bags I bought;) The boys are still complaining about having to bring them in:angelic:
A standard batch of chips in my house starts with 5 pounds of potatoes:banghead:

Figgy1

I never buy less than 10 pounds at a time. If the 5 pound bags work out cheaper I buy at least 2 of them

PUSH

Original Poster
We're supposed to get more snow and ice Tuesday into Wednesday. Possible snow days coming up again. I'm honestly just ready for some consistency.

Our math lessons typically go across 5 days. I have not finish one full math lesson since before Christmas. I'm 4 out of 5 sessions in. Most of that is because of cancellations and delays (we miss our math block on delays because it's the first hour of the day).

Figgy1

We're supposed to get more snow and ice Tuesday into Wednesday. Possible snow days coming up again. I'm honestly just ready for some consistency.

Our math lessons typically go across 5 days. I have not finish one full math lesson since before Christmas. I'm 4 out of 5 sessions in. Most of that is because of cancellations and delays (we miss our math block on delays because it's the first hour of the day).
Do you have actual snow days or does your district go virtual when closed? Here it was a big deal because the kids got an actual snow day in some places instead of a virtual day. Most districts still build extra days in even if they don't have old fashioned snow days

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom